/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I can't live with myself

anonymous
09-06-2009, 01:21 AM
I cheated on my fiance and i cannot live with myself anymore. I have asked for much forgiveness from Allah SWT the ever Mercifull. But i cannot live with this pain anymore.
This did not happen in the blessed month of Ramadhan and i am most aware of how deeply terrible my thoughtless actions were.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AlbanianMuslim
09-06-2009, 02:05 AM
Have you asked Allah swt for forgiveness? Obviously you have repented. Now you must make sure to never let it happen again.

Pray Istikharah....Inshallah Allah swt will guide you to make the decision on whether you should tell your fiance or not.

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 02:56 AM
i don't know weather this is a sin or not if your not actually married yet to this woman. is engagement apart of islam? because i never heard of it before being apart of religion :hmm: anyway did you sleep with this other woman? if you did then i would repent for that and insha'allaah don't worry everything will be okay.

nebula
09-06-2009, 02:59 AM
nah engagement is no part in Islam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
09-06-2009, 05:24 AM
the things humans do for a few moments pleasure, 'cannot live with myself'? grow up already..

you put yourself in a position to do the deed, why? being engaged means you agree not to fool around with others, I don't think you're ready to marry just yet.

if the shoe was on the other foot, what would you do? the relationship will work if it's meant to be, so take this as a lesson, learn from it, and move on.

Laila01x
09-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Engagement is not part of Islam - But you did have the intention of marrying this women but you went and cheated on her. How about if you were in her shoes - How would you feel?

I suggest you do repent to Allah and I agree with the sister above - Do Istikhara and see where it leads you.

JazakAllah

Sampharo
09-09-2009, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I cheated on my fiance and i cannot live with myself anymore. I have asked for much forgiveness from Allah SWT the ever Mercifull. But i cannot live with this pain anymore.
This did not happen in the blessed month of Ramadhan and i am most aware of how deeply terrible my thoughtless actions were.
Anonymous, as much as it is painful and shocking it would be to your fiance that you cheated on her, I don't see that you actually had ADULTERY as the sin you recognized you did and that it is what you are asking for forgiveness.

You mentioned it as ONLY cheating. Do you believe that it was ok if you weren't engaged?

Not reducing at all the trauma it might cause the poor woman when she finds out, but the sin you need to ask God for forgiveness from and repent from, is the adultery, the breaking of your chastity.

As for your fiance, I know it might seem to you strange, but the prophet -pbuh- said not to uncover whatever God has covered (satr). Omar -RA- was very angry with a man who asked him whether he should tell suitors that his daughter made a mistake and told him not to dare open his mouth. You may wish to spare your fiance's feelings the pain and suffering, not to mention the crushed love, shaken confidence and long term mistrust that will linger whether or not you stay together.

I know some brothers and sisters here might launch at this and say that she has the right to know. Well I am sorry I disagree, you see imsad I have seen what a cheated upon woman becomes after learning of it, some doubt and blame themselves and many sink in depression and paranoia for years, and they do take it out on the next man that comes along to be a husband.

After the sin of adultery which may God forgive you for, you need to know you did a most hideous act as a young man set to be married could have done to someone else. If you get a second chance, make it right.

Arain.Faizan
09-09-2009, 10:05 AM
yes you should repent to ALLAH, but i would suggest you to please apologise with your fiance first, if he/she can forgive you (And you are guilty from heart) then ALLAH will definatly forgive you. InshALLAH
wish you best of luck, please do not wait, go ahead, and ask for sorry.
because ALLAH do not forgive those who mislead/misbehave/misconduct others.

Prophet (S.A.W) said that a man will come on the day of judgement with loads of hasaanath with him, but then the people will come and question about his misbehaviour, misconduct, then agaisnt those acts ALLAH will give his hasanath to the questioner, afterwards when he will left with no Hasaanath , again someone will come and question, then the Sia'aat (Sins) of the questioner will be given to him.finally the person who did come with loads os hasanath will be left with loads of sins (Sia'aat) .

thats why i request you, if you are really guilty please ask him/her for sorry.
May ALLAH help you & Give you strenght. :)

:sl:

Laila01x
09-09-2009, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
you see imsad I have seen what a cheated upon woman becomes after learning of it, some doubt and blame themselves and many sink in depression and paranoia for years, and they do take it out on the next man that comes along to be a husband.
I agree .. when a women gets cheated on she does become insecure and paranoid and does take it out on another man.imsad

Sampharo
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arain.Faizan
but then the people will come and question about his misbehaviour, misconduct, then agaisnt those acts ALLAH will give his hasanath to the questioner, afterwards when he will left with no Hasaanath , again someone will come and question, then the Sia'aat (Sins) of the questioner will be given to him.finally the person who did come with loads os hasanath will be left with loads of sins (Sia'aat)
Just a note Arain, this hadith says that he will be brought as he would have "insulted this person and beat this person and ate the money of that person". crimes with Shariah hodud like adultery or murder are not within this category.

God knows best

Arain.Faizan
09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sampharo
Just a note Arain, this hadith says that he will be brought as he would have "insulted this person and beat this person and ate the money of that person". crimes with Shariah hodud like adultery or murder are not within this category.

God knows best
Yes you are right brother, well i do not remember the words of hadith, and i guess your words are more appropriate but do not you think that "Insult by this person" falls in the context on which the topic has been started?.

Well Thank you for your positive note
Wallah ul ilm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.