/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My story towards Islam

revert2007
09-06-2009, 04:24 AM
Bismillah,Assalamualikum to everyone.
I was born and raised in a Muslim country-Malaysia.Even though we have many non-muslims here such as chinese,indians,christians and many more,the practice of islam is good.The official religion of this country is Islam Alhamdulilah.
Since my childhood,all my friends are malays(muslim).When i was 10 years old,one of my friend lend me 2 books on prophets it is called 25 Rasools.I took this book to my school and read is during break.many of my muslim friends got shocked.but i dont bother at all.some of my friends started to dawah to me even though they are only 10 years old.I told them that i will convert but i just don't know when.
One day I started to perform the prayer just by covering my head witha towel and without taking wudhu.I perform the tahayil as how i have seen before.I asked my mother whether can i convert,she said no.
Actually islam came to my life when i was 8 years old when i got to know a chinese mix muslim girl.she taught me how to write alif,baa,taa and so on.i wrote some of this arabic words and took it to school.i still remember that one of this muslim teacher scolded me and pinched me after looking at the papers where i wrote arabic.she said as a kafir i am not suppose to do this things and she thought i was just mocking arabic.I was only 8 years old and i copied everything exactly from an islamic book.
when i grow older,my friends started to tell me about jannah and hell.i got very scared.but that time I am only fear of Allah nothing else.
When i entered my high school,i have lost contact with my muslim friends.all the friedns i have were non-muslim.
Finally i entered university and alhamdulilah i came back to the right path after 1 year in the U.i started to mix with muslim friends.all my muslim friends are the one very religious and wear khimar all the time.i do have some friends who are not that religious but again they are much better than non-muslim.
most of them got married and they used to tell their husband about me and their husband will advice them to bring me to islam.they tried to advice me but i told them that the right time hasn't come yet.
even before converting,my friends started to call me Syarifaah.they don't call me by my original name.
couple of months before convention,many strange things happen to me.i knw how to syahadah and whenever my mind is not thingking about anything,my heart keeps on saying syahadah.even when i want to sleep.i will say syahadah many times.During convo in march there were many stall at my university.i went to one of the islamic stall and i saw Kalimah Allah.i touched them and i felt very strange.
Somwhere in the beginning of April,i got to know an American revert.I told him many things about islam and he keeps on asking me to convert.but i said i will convert once i finish my studies.and he said what if u die tomorrow.that question makes me to think deeply.for 6 days he didn't come online.i was very depressed and i didn't go out of the room and i don't do anything for the 6 days.i was just waiting for him to come online.on 12th april 2007,he came online and we started to have more serious talk about converting.
he asked me to take shower and wudhu.i did as he said.i repeat the syahadah twice after him.it was 3am.then he taught me how to read quran.i need a book with the translation.i went to my friends room.i told her room mate everything and suddenly my friend woke up.she was sick actually and she said that she dream that i was praying and wearing the praying cloth.she handed me a book before she sleep.
suddenly i heard adhan for subbh prayer.i told him that i dont know where is the qiblat and i dont have anything to cover my aurat.he said just find something to cover yourself and just sujud as thanking Allah.i did as he said.
the next day i woke up exactly for zohr prayer.i felt like someone woke me up.i ran to my religious friend's room and pray together.for the ishaa prayer,i successfully memorised Al-Fatihah and prayed my first independent salat.that was the time i cried a lot and only Allah knows how i felt.
Finally,12 years of waiting have ended.Alhamdulilah,....

p/s:my mother is still a non-muslim.pls pray for her.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-06-2009, 07:51 AM
:wa::wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by revert2007
my mother is still a non-muslim.pls pray for her.

Welcome to Islam sis :statisfie

May Allah bless you and guide your mom in to the Truth , Ameen.

syilla
09-08-2009, 03:48 AM
Jazakallah khayr for sharing with us your story...it is very touching :)

جوري
09-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Takbeer..

Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar..

:welcome: aboard & to Islam sis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Huda Rehmaan
09-08-2009, 05:11 AM
:salamext:

welcome to be the member of Islamic community !
Allah has double reward for those who converts towards Islam and they have goodnews of jannah here in this world if they are purly intended for Islamic practices.

May I ask about your family reaction towards your convertion? How do you adjust yourself in different faith with them?

Prayers for you mother!

Huda Rehmaan
09-08-2009, 05:13 AM
PeRhAPes! I'm NEW to welcome you here! :)

Arain.Faizan
09-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Walykumasalam

Many Welcome to the islam Sister...
your reverting is very pleasing for us...
May ALLAH subhan o talah bless you with the best of this life & hereafter..

i hope the things should be better with you now

as a newly revert you must be empty with the sins :$
please keep me in your prayers

and thank you for sharing your story with us
:sl:

zakirs
09-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Alhamdulillah sis.. May god bless you :).. And may he show your parents the right path too.

cat eyes
09-08-2009, 08:42 PM
thanks for sharing your story with us sister and may Allah reward all of those who gave you dawah since young age.

Laila01x
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Welcome to Islam :)

Rabi Mansur
09-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Welcome, I look forward to hearing more from you. Your story is quite interesting.

revert2007
03-16-2010, 08:23 AM
assalamualikum everyone..jazaka Allahu khairan for ur replies..it has been a while i guess since i created this thread and now i am back alhamdulilah and i am a full member :)

Nora.
03-16-2010, 09:14 AM
welcome to Islam ..
we have a large Malaysian community here :)
P.M
Is your mother still non-Muslim?

revert2007
03-16-2010, 09:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nora.
welcome to Islam ..
we have a large Malaysian community here :)
P.M
Is your mother still non-Muslim?
oh really.ma sha Allah thats great

Life_Is_Short
03-16-2010, 10:12 AM
You started thinking about islam at the age of 10. Subhan'Allah, May Allah reward you. :)

Abdul Wahid
03-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Allahu Akbar.

I love reading revert stories. SubhaALLAH.

revert2007
03-19-2010, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by W4H1D
Allahu Akbar.

I love reading revert stories. SubhaALLAH.

alhamdulilah..my favourite revert story is Alyarham Sister Aminah Assilmi's story..May Allah bless her soul and grant her Firdaus..ameen

Muslim Woman
03-24-2010, 04:55 PM
:sl:

alhamdulilah..my favourite revert story is Alyarham Sister Aminah Assilmi's story..May Allah bless her soul and grant her Firdaus..ameen

Esther462
03-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Welcome to Islam.
I started thinking of Islam when I was 16 but didn't do anything about it till I was 19, when I started to think about it again and then later that year I converted and that was with no muslim contact.

Muslimah4Eva x
03-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Mashallah sis,
Alhamdulilah Allah guided you to Islam :)
May Allah bless you in abundance and may Allah make you and the ummah inshllah be the dwellers of Jannah, ameen :D

P.S:May Allah guide your mum to Islam, inshallah :)

'Abd Al-Maajid
03-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Bismillah,Assalamualikum to everyone.
I was born and raised in a Muslim country-Malaysia.Even though we have many non-muslims here such as chinese,indians,christians and many more,the practice of islam is good.The official religion of this country is Islam Alhamdulilah.
p/s:my mother is still a non-Muslim.pls pray for her.
Sister, many Indians and Chinese are Muslims....:) I'm Muslim and an Indian too...:hmm:

Masha Allah, Sister!!! your story was very touching...gave a peculiar feeling in my heart...yours is the best story I've ever read...can't Thank Allah much, can you?
May Allah give your mother hidaayah , Ameen

Misz_Muslimah
03-29-2010, 06:51 AM
^ Ameen ..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.