/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help me with this perfect way of life

mysticalrain
09-06-2009, 03:26 PM
So recently, I've been able to break free of my propaganda vest and explore what the real Islam is really about. I've come to the conclusion that if practiced right, this can be a healthy way of life for all. And with all the crap going on in the world, this is one of the last moral systems that are standing. Things really are crazy right now.

But, I want to convert badly, but there are problems:

1) I don't know how to face the Kaaba.
2) No mosques in my area
3) I don't know arabic and I'm still learning english so it will be hard to recite all the prayers in arabic during prayer time.
4) There is info on the net I can lookup but it's all scattered and not complete so if anyone can offer me a book or something to read because I need some base to start off on.

I also am very aware of what is going on recently, especially as of now, Sept 6, 2009. This has been a crazy year and as I am typing this, I am aware Islam is growing faster by the second and I want to join in. But I need some more info first. I've already read the quran, and it's the best book ever!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
09-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm not an expert, so I can only help with a few of your queries.

format_quote Originally Posted by mysticalrain
See if this is any help: Qibla Locator

4) There is info on the net I can lookup but it's all scattered and not complete so if anyone can offer me a book or something to read because I need some base to start off on.
That base is the Qur'an and Sunnah. Everything else is interpretation, as I understand it.

Peace

- Qatada -
09-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Hey mysticalrain :)

This might be the site you want to check out;

http://muslimconverts.com

It has alot of the info. you need, gathered in one place.

_ALI_
09-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Salam mysticalrain
Here is another site you can visit
http://www.islamreligion.com/
The best book regarding Islam would be Quran (along with explanation by a scholar).
2) No mosques in my area
3) I don't know arabic and I'm still learning english so it will be hard to recite all the prayers in arabic during prayer time.
If you are hesitating to convert because you want to learn more about Islam and you're not sure yet then that is a good reason. But don't hesitate converting if you face small problems such as facing the Ka'ba,mosques,praying etc. That can be dealt with later after conversion. If you have any questions, post them here and I'm sure Muslims here would love to reply.
May Allah guide us all to the right path.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimlearner
09-07-2009, 06:07 PM

2) No mosques in my area
Where are you? May be I have some sisters there and they can teach you.

here is *MY Book*,what you may find in your language:

http://us1.harunyahya.com/Detail/T/E...BOUT_THE_TRUTH

I will tell you how I've learn the prayers alone: i've write it down on paper and read it:one down one in the table:statisfie
after cople of days I've memorise it with lots of du'aa .the same with the ablution -udu' it is funny but it was difficult for me :)Alhamdulillah!

Amanda
09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Another point that may help... when I was learning to pray, I was told that I could start just saying 'Allahu akbar' three times in each position of the prayer until I learned the Arabic. That way I would not be missing any prayers, and would be able to participate while still learning. I don't know the official position on this, but insha'allah someone who is more knowledgeable may be able to shed more light on it.

Also, just keep your heart dedicated to Allah... it may seem like a lot to learn, but take it slowly, learn at your own pace, and don't get discouraged. Trust me, it's all worth it.

peaceandlove
09-08-2009, 06:17 PM
:sl: brother ,

You can easily buy a compass to locate Kabba at any location of the world, i have it , we just have to point its arrow to a specific degree and we exactly know where kabaa is.
there is also book with it by reading which you can easily understand it, I think you can easily find it on net and also on ebay. just type "kabaa locator compass" or something like that you will find it easily. and its not even too costly.

2) No mosques in my area
If you can change your location to some near location to mosque then you can easily go to mosque to learn islam but if not possible then you use internet/telephone/cds/books and any other media to learn islam.

Well i am from Pakistan , i even don't know arabic (just a little bid as urdu language is very closed to arabic) but generally talking i think more then 90-95% of pakistan people donot know arabic , and we never face any problem during prayer , so i donot think you can justify this reason.

What i can suggest you is to learn the prayer in arabic and also learn the translation of each word and while praying try to understand what you are reciting , and i think by doing this after few prayers your never feel any difficulty.

4)
There is info on the net I can lookup but it's all scattered and not complete so if anyone can offer me a book or something to read because I need some base to start off on.
Well , i never read any book in english so cannot suggest any one to you ,sorry for thatimsad

blazingflames17
09-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Ok thanks for suggestions, ok. This is my new account, I wish for old account to be merged into here.

I have regained my composure and I will face this! It will be hard, but God willing, I will make it. I will do this, wish me the luck.

Muslimlearner
09-12-2009, 04:27 PM
You must make it!Insha'Allah you'll pass the trials,don't expect to be easy,but you are choosen for this,remember it!:statisfie

zakirs
09-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Insha allah you will .. all the best

khanamer
09-16-2009, 07:31 AM
So recently, I've been able to break free of my propaganda vest and explore what the real Islam is really about. I've come to the conclusion that if practiced right, this can be a healthy way of life for all. And with all the crap going on in the world, this is one of the last moral systems that are standing. Things really are crazy right now.

2) No mosques in my area

I also am very aware of what is going on recently, especially as of now, Sept 6, 2009. This has been a crazy year and as I am typing this, I am aware Islam is growing faster by the second and I want to join in. But I need some more info first. I've already read the quran, and it's the best book ever!
Dear Brother/Sister in Islam,

Congrats to you for choosing the ultimate way of Life, May Allah shower his blessings on you and others you are following the Right path.

Please be aware that Islam is religion of intentions + actions, if you have right intention to do something, then i doesn't matter if you are facing Ka'aba or not, as Allah all mighty exist in each and every direction, although you can use google technology to identify the direction.

Same applies on other aspects of life, Islam is all about being Just and Kind, be Just to your self and family and be Kind to your kins and neighbors, you this, all other pieces will fall into right square.

In Quran have given the advice to maintain the balance, it can be the Balanced Diet, it can be the balance between your home and office life, it can be balance between fun and prayer times. Please do remember Islam does not preach, advocate extermism, not under any circumstances.

Please do remember me in your prayers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.