/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Shaitaan

huan
09-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Okay this is an honest question, I'm not backing the shaytaan.

Why is he considered to be the lowest of the low, because of one sin he committed by not following one command of Allah. When here on earth, some people are so disobeying of Allah and ignorant and do way more worse actions, I'm not just talking about Non-Muslims, but also Muslims who know that Allah exists.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
09-06-2009, 09:32 PM
the difference between satan and the ummah is we bow down to Allah and try our hardest to obey him but shaytaan refused one simple command of Allah by being rebellious to bow down to Prophet Adam pbuh.. i can't imagine any human being that rebellious to do that in front of our mighty creator but obviously there is some who just don't care and who are dumb:) if Allah create's something we should praise Allah because if you don't, you are insulting his creation. :cry:do you understand now... so if you think deeply it is a big sin:cry:

huan
09-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes. But some people believe in Allah.

Isn't disobeying allah anywhere on earth and physically right in front of him one and the same thing, I don't see no difference in that. In fact allah is present everywhere, and he knows everything that is taking place, so you cannot secretively sin.

Why does satan get his status because of this one sin ? There are millions of sinners around with far more worse sins, in fact all of human kind is sinful.

huan
09-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Also I disagree with your statement that we try our best to obey him, this is not true for all, some try their best to disobey him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rasema
09-06-2009, 11:10 PM
:sl:
The shaytan is the part of the unseen world. In many things Allah,subHana wa Ta'ala, has hidden a great portion from us.
You should never compare the shaytan to the human beings. The jinn is the one who disobeyed Allah the shaytan are the children of the jinn. Not 100% sure. There are bad and good jinns and they are more corrupt than human beings.

You need to learn how terrible some jins are :
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/102373/Jinn

Many scholars are of the view that Iblees is the father of all of the jinn, both the believing and disbelieving ones among them. He is their origin and they are his offspring. This view was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas, Mujaahid, Qataadah, al-Hasan al-Basri and others.

They are the ones that whisper to people to do evil things. That's even worse, to have Allah,the Malik,in front of you and disobey him. If we had Allah preasent we would glorify him more and fear him more.
:wa:

Rasema
09-06-2009, 11:18 PM
A non-muslim who does not believe in God, will he get more punishment then the Shaytan ( Iblis ) himself ? Iblis believes in Allah... Is there a verse in Quran that says that Iblis will go to hell ? Why did Iblis disobey Allah when he knew that Allah is AllPowerfull ? If Allah wanted him to disobey, then will he still have to be in hell for ever ? Please tell me about this issue...Will Iblis go to hell for ever ?

A non-muslim who does not believe in God, will he get more punishment then the Shaytan ( Iblis ) himself ? Iblis believes in Allah... Is there a verse in Quran that says that Iblis will go to hell ? Why did Iblis disobey Allah when he knew that Allah is AllPowerfull ? If Allah wanted him to disobey, then will he still have to be in hell for ever ? Please tell me about this issue...Will Iblis go to hell for ever ?

Praise be to Allaah.

The matter of punishments is for Allaah to decide, and we know nothing about it except that which He has told us. The Kuffaar and Mushrikeen are major sinners who will abide in Hell forever, they and Iblees, may Allaah curse him. We will now look at some verses of the Qur'aan which are evidence of that, and we will discuss why Iblees disbelieved and what will be his fate and the fate of those who follow him.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
"(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: 'Truly, I am going to create man from clay. So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him.' So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them, Except Iblees (Satan), he was proud and was one of the disbelievers. (Allaah) said: 'O Iblees (Satan)! What prevents you from prostrating yourself to one whom I have created with Both My Hands. Are you too proud (to fall prostrate to Adam) or are you one of the high exalted?' [Iblees (Satan)] said: 'I am better than he. You created me from fire, and You created him from clay.' (Allaah) said: "Then get out from here; for verily, you are outcast. And verily, My Curse is on you till the Day of Recompense.' [Iblees (Satan)] said: "'y Lord! Give me then respite till the Day the (dead) are resurrected.' (Allaah) said: 'Verily, you are of those allowed respite Till the Day of the time appointed.' [Iblees (Satan)] said: 'By Your Might, then I will surely, mislead them all, Except Your chosen slaves amongst them (i.e. faithful, obedient, true believers of Islamic Monotheism).' (Allaah) said: 'The truth is - and the truth I say * That I will fill Hell with you [Iblees (Satan)] and those of them (mankind) that follow you, together.'" [Saad 38:71-85]

Iblees disobeyed his Lord and refused, stubbornly and arrogantly, to prostrate to Adam. This indicates the serious nature of self-admiration and pride. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound from that.

The fact the Iblees believed in the existence of Allaah, acknowledged His Might and swore an oath by that did not benefit him at all, because his belief was cancelled out by his stubbornness, pride and arrogant behaviour before Allaah when he refused to obey His command.

Allaah created Iblees for reasons which are known to Him, may He be glorified and exalted, and to be a test and a trial for mankind. Whoever obeys Allaah and disobeys Iblees will enter Paradise, and whoever disobeys Allaah and obeys Iblees will enter Hell. The fact that Allaah created Iblees does not imply that He approves of what Iblees does - we seek refuge with Allaah - but this was the decree of the Lord of the Worlds. Allaah does not approve of kufr or sin. He says (interpretation of the meaning):
"If you disbelieve, then verily, Allaah is not in need of you, He likes not disbelief for His slaves. And if you are grateful (by being believers), He is pleased therewith for you. No bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another…" [al-Zumar 39:7]
The point of this aayah is: "He likes not disbelief for His slaves". Allaah's will is of two types: His shar'i (legislative) will, which refers to what He wills and loves, including that which He has prescribed for His slaves; and His kawni (universal) will, which refers to what He wills to happen - for reasons that are known to Him - but this does not necessarily mean that He likes what happens.

Praise be to Allaah Who has guided us, and may He send peace and blessings upon our master Muhammad and his family and companions.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Rasema
09-06-2009, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by huan
Yes. But some people believe in Allah.

Isn't disobeying allah anywhere on earth and physically right in front of him one and the same thing, I don't see no difference in that. In fact allah is present everywhere, and he knows everything that is taking place, so you cannot secretively sin.

Why does satan get his status because of this one sin ? There are millions of sinners around with far more worse sins, in fact all of human kind is sinful.
So, you don't see the diference between having the creator of the heavens and the earth in front of you and not seeing him at all. That's the whole purpose, to believe in Allah without seeing him,to trust him. "Physically" is not
the best way to word it, we don't know what he looks like or who he is, for that matter. We only have 99 of his names and there are more that he has heeden from us.For example, the all hearing without an ear ..he says that he is the all hearing, all seeing so that we have this connection to him,otherwise if He didn't, there would be a disconnect between Him and us.

Make sure you read about God before judgeing Him. He is the all wise, the most fair,... he doesn't throw anybody in fire just because.

cat eyes
09-06-2009, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by huan
Also I disagree with your statement that we try our best to obey him, this is not true for all, some try their best to disobey him.
yes there is of course some who worship satan obviously but shaytaan only runs through the blood stream of those people who have disbelieved.

There is muslims out there who do disgraceful acts and who tempts them? ony satan tempts them. he decieves everyone from the path of Allah swt..that is his mission.. he made that oath to Allah and Allah deprived him till the day of judgement. Allah said who ever follows the satan! hell will be thre final destination so don't take him as a friend or feel pity for him either. he only sets out to ruin us! he has seen jannah, he knows what it looks like remember. we haven't he will do anything to drag us down. he will even come to you when you are near dead.

MMohammed
09-07-2009, 12:07 AM
:sl:
You said that people on this earth disobey Allah.
Did you ever think why we disobey Him?
Shaytaan himself forces us!
So we dont disobey deliberately, we are forced from Shaitaan.We can back him off!

abu_musab461
09-07-2009, 12:14 AM
Shiekh Yasir Qadhi mentioned something very benficial-

There is a fundemental difference between what Iblis (curse be upon him) did by not bowing down and Adam (as) did by eating the fruit from the Forbidden Tree.

Both were a sin- correct?

wrong.

The difference is-

Adam (as) was prohibbited from something and over time he fell into a sin forgetfully.

Iblis (curse be upon him) on the other hand- was commanded directly to do something and he commited the act of disbelife- by his utter rejection to do so and even more so arrogant justification for his disobedience-

1. Indirectly claiming he has more knowledge then Allah (swt)

"Why should i bow down to Adam when he has been created from clay and me from fire?"
(Quran)

2. Indirectly claiming that Allah (swt) is wrong for commanding him to bow down.

as mentioned in the above verse

3. Blaming Allah (swt) for his disobedince

"because You caused me to become misguided"
(Quran)

4. Challenging Allah (swt)

When Allah (swt) expelled them both from paradise Adam (as) made dua

"Oh Allah I have wronged my self if You do not forgive me i will surely be of the losers"
(Quran)

Iblis also made a dua "Oh my Lord grant me respite (life) until the Last Day" (Quran)

Both of the duas was accepted.

Adam (as) humbled himself and begged for forgiveness

Iblis (curse be upon him) asked for "eternal" life so he can challenge Allah (swt) by misguiding His servants.

So now you see the kufr upon kufr of Iblis?

But even then there is a huge benefit and wisdom in the creation of satan.... but thats another topic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.