/* */

PDA

View Full Version : IB Relief Projects?

Beardo
09-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I want to open a relief project for IB members. We can go through various organizations, like Islamic Relief etc... Somewhere where they can give us good feedback, with pictures etc on the orphans and detailed letters on how the money is being spent etc.

Any name ideas for this project? I'm looking for a DOMAIN name. I considered JannahRelief lol.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Na7lah
09-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Lol you must have a lot of extra time to be running all these projects and sites :p

Beardo
09-06-2009, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Na7lah
Lol you must have a lot of extra time to be running all these projects and sites :p
Nope, not really. It's just that these are all smalllll projects.

S_87
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
dunno but i do think it would be nice to have an LI orphan sponsor thingy like we did a few years ago.. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Na7lah
09-06-2009, 08:51 PM
I B Helping People :hiding:
JannahRelief is nice
JannahAid
JannahAssistance

Beardo
09-06-2009, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
dunno but i do think it would be nice to have an LI orphan sponsor thingy like we did a few years ago.. :)
That's what Far7an Uncil told me, and that is what I am starting.

JannahRelief.com has been purchased. More than the name, it's the services that matter!

Beardo
09-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Okay, now the question is... WHO do we go through? I want to start with Orphans.

So I was thinking maybe Islamic Relief, because I know they have this orphan option, and they provide details to a good extent. Someone suggested Ummah Relief or something... Anyone have other opinions?

Rabi'ya
09-06-2009, 10:30 PM
:sl:

We previously sponsored an orphan through Muslim Hands a few years ago. Can we not continue that. There was a really good response to the sponsorship and I'm sure members would be happy to contribute again inshAllah :)

Beardo
09-06-2009, 10:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

We previously sponsored an orphan through Muslim Hands a few years ago. Can we not continue that. There was a really good response to the sponsorship and I'm sure members would be happy to contribute again inshAllah :)
Fine by me, if it's fine by you. I'm working on the site right now, actually. I'll contact Muslim Hands (if no objections occur) and tell them we'd like to re-sign up for their program.

Beardo
09-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Okay, I contacted Muslim Hands, and am waiting for a reply Insha'Allah.

I've gotten the site up for the most part: JannahRelief.com.

Could you guys help with CONTENT? Like the "About Us", "FAQ", etc.

Jazakallah! I want to make this a team effort, Insha'Allah.

Na7lah
09-06-2009, 11:52 PM
mashallah the site template is nice :thumbs_up

Beardo
09-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I talked to Muslim Hands, and they responded. Insha'Allah we will be sponsoring through them! :D

Now I just need to find a way to have a donation button on the site... :X The content is up already, alhamdulillah.

Rabi'ya
09-08-2009, 07:57 AM

there are websites already available for such things aren't there?

Coulnd't you have alink directly to paypal? or as the other admins how they did it last time because there was a link on islamicboard in order to donate with a running total along the way.
hmm, isn't there a site called justgiving (or something like that?) which people use to raise money for charity?

InshAllah bro you are doing a fantastic job and I am sure you will figure it out. May Allah reward you for your efforts and achievements inshAllah.ameen :)

Salahudeen
09-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Yeah there is a site called just giving and if your a UK taxpayer they don't take any percentage of the donation. Check it out.

http://www.justgiving.com/

my masjid used it to raise money for a new carpet.

Beardo
09-10-2009, 03:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
Yeah there is a site called just giving and if your a UK taxpayer they don't take any percentage of the donation. Check it out.

http://www.justgiving.com/

my masjid used it to raise money for a new carpet.
We're just starting off, so I think ChipIn/PayPal is okay for now insha'Allah.

But hmm... We'll start off with sponsoring a student. It's £12 a month, which is a good start to survey how many people are truly interested.

Beardo
09-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Alright, I'll be starting with a STUDENT SPONSORSHIP. Please visit the site, JannahRelief.com and support the $20 a month cause! This is a communal effort, and I hope EVERYONE participates. I'm looking at who to sponsor at the moment. I wish we could sponsor them all. imsad

S_87
09-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Alhumdulillah! could you have a banner on this site so members will actually see it? :D

Rabi'ya
09-10-2009, 10:08 PM

just started you off. InshAllah it will encourage others to do the same.

Come on guys lets get this rolling!!!!

Rabi'ya
09-11-2009, 09:38 AM
:sl: bro

The Jannahrelief site is good. But could we have some kind of comment box or the such like somewhere on the front page? I feel it would help people encourage others or leave positive feedback.

Beardo
09-11-2009, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya
:sl: bro

The Jannahrelief site is good. But could we have some kind of comment box or the such like somewhere on the front page? I feel it would help people encourage others or leave positive feedback.
Hmm.. Smart idea. Jazakallah. I'll try to find something.

Jazax to ALL those who donated! We're at 45% at the moment.

Rabi'ya
09-15-2009, 10:01 AM
CAN PEOPLE PLEASE DONATE!!!!! This is a really worthwhile cause and we've done it once before...I'm sure we can manage to get it going again inshAllah :)

Beardo
03-25-2011, 07:45 PM
I'm discussing with IslamicRelief so we can get some sort of partnership rolling on this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.