/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Teaching your sons and brothers to respect Women.

ieshia
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I always see and hear people discussing how a good Muslim woman must act and how she must present herself. There is discussions about how a woman must dress to speak and everything in between. What i don't hear is about people telling their brothers and sons to respect women, to not harass them and don't rape women. Women wont need to be so sheltered if men didn't go around causing harm to them. So to solve the problem, people in most societies keep their women sheltered, and hidden behind closed walls, and try to avoid them from having contact with the rest of the society. Women are told to avoid contact with men far more.

I just want to tell the men out there to respect women more, try to spread the word to men so they don't rape, or harass women in any way. Don't cause them harm, so women can live freely and her and her family will not have to worry every time she steps outside the house.

Instead of discussing how women should dress all the time, how about we discuss how men should lower their gaze when they see a woman and show more respect.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
09-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Salaam.

A good reminder. I think most brothers on this forum have high respect for women mashallah.

ieshia
09-06-2009, 11:39 PM
That's good and i feel proud to hear that, but i still encourage everyone too speak to their sons and brothers more about respecting women. It is a woman's right to be able to go out where ever she wants without any fear in her heart. Men haven't made that possible for women. If we preach more to children about respecting women, it will have a great impact on the society. Instead of always discussing the woman's duty, and what she must do, we should discuss how a man must treat women more.

I know a lot of people will say, well it's obvious that men shouldn't rape or harass women in anyway and that is why we don't need to discuss this all the time. Guess what! Women still can't go everywhere they want freely and that is because of some men, so the message obviously isn't clear enough. Instead of telling your women to not do certain things so the men don't get tempted, how about teach men to not approach a women with any dirty thoughts, no matter what her behavior or attire may be.

TrueStranger
09-07-2009, 12:04 AM
Sis ieshia you have made a wonderful post. One that puts the light on Double-Standards. I've seen endless posts of how a woman should do all things to avoid male-animals who will harass them and abuse them no matter what they do.

I've seen men who do horrible things to other women and except to marry a poor innocent girl just to abuse her. Muslims barely speak about men who harass women,rape women, and abuse women. Just look at honour killing. It has nothing to do with Islam, but most Muslims barely speak out against it and harshly punish those who commit such hideous crimes. Women around the world are victims of men who have no self-worth, but in some countries the the assaulter is brought to punished, in most Muslim countries that is not the case.

I even know some Muslims sisters who feel more comfortable walking down a street filled with Non-Muslims men rather than walking down a street filled with Muslim men. Many has to do with culture, but as Muslims that should not be an excuse.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MMohammed
09-07-2009, 12:15 AM
WaAlaykum Assalam
Very Well said.Men must respect women.As, a woman as a Mother,Daughter,Sister and the Wife plays the biggest roll in our lives.MAY ALLAH INCREASE OUR RESPECT FOR THE WHOLE MANKIND[ AAMEEN ]

GuestFellow
09-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Yes all over the world men do abuse women and take advantage over them. This is not acceptable and like sister ieshia stated to overcome this problem we need to teach young boys and men how to respect women. Men who mistreat women must be punished severely to act as a deterrent.

It worries me when I see boys disrespect their own mom...

MMohammed
09-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Quaid-e-azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah said "That group will never improve its standard which doesnt allow its women to take part in it".
I greatly liked your post EISHA.
Islam has even encouraged us to Highly respect women.

nebula
09-07-2009, 12:29 AM
I dont think this thread will be heard by every man in the world but just to say a man who follows and adheres to the Quran and the Sunnah with the correct methodology will know how to treat the women inshAllah. But the reality is that there are evil people in this world who will cause problems, so being muslim men we gotta protect our familys, sisters, mothers etc inshAllah. But also the sisters still need to follow the shariah in order to be safe inshAllah.

ieshia
09-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks to everyone who posted and also thanks for recognizing the issue. I hope all men will start to teach and discuss this topic more, because a man telling another man will have a greater impact. Remember to teach your younger brothers in Islam about respecting women, remember to guide the misguided adults about respecting women, also talk to your non-Muslim friends to enlighten them as well.

ieshia
09-07-2009, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MMohammed
Quaid-e-azam Mohammed Ali Jinnah said "That group will never improve its standard which doesnt allow its women to take part in it".
I greatly liked your post EISHA.
Islam has even encouraged us to Highly respect women.
That is a beautiful quote. Hopefully more people in the world will learn that and someday the world will actually truly be a safe and free place for people to do as they please without harming anyone else.

MMohammed
09-07-2009, 12:43 AM
InshaAllah :) .
This will soon happen

ieshia
09-07-2009, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nebula
I dont think this thread will be heard by every man in the world but just to say a man who follows and adheres to the Quran and the Sunnah with the correct methodology will know how to treat the women inshAllah. But the reality is that there are evil people in this world who will cause problems, so being muslim men we gotta protect our familys, sisters, mothers etc inshAllah. But also the sisters still need to follow the shariah in order to be safe inshAllah.
Yes women must always dress modest and behave well to show she deserves that respect but men should give women respect regardless, she be in a hijab, niqab, western clothes or what ever it may be. If the woman has caused no harm to anyone else, then she does not deserve to be harassed by anyone. God has given men strength to protect women not to lock them up and harass any woman who is not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.