/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Deserted Masjid

anonymous
09-07-2009, 09:45 AM
:sl:

My office recently relocated to a new area in the outskirts of the city, the nearest masjid is around 4 minutes drive away. The masjid is on the highway, I went there a few times for dhuhr prayer but always found it deserted. I am a female, and I am the only one praying in the ladies section. I just follow the imaam on the speakers. Once I got startled to see two highway laborers making wudu in the ladies section. Since then, I hesitated to go there. By the time I reach back home, I will be about 2 hours late from the time of dhuhr adhan, though it will still not be asr. It doesnt feel good to sit in the office and not be able to pray on time while the adhan is going on.

What do you advise? Should I pray in the lonely mosque or pray at home a few hours late?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
09-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Just pray at the masjid... They won't jump you... It's a masjid...

Snowflake
09-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Have a word with the imaam about men using the ladies section for wudhu. This shouldn't be happening. If you can pray in your workplace that is better. If not then there is no reason to delay prayers by not going to the mosque.

Muslim Woman
09-08-2009, 03:09 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

...Once I got startled to see two highway laborers making wudu in the ladies section.
as a sis suggested , inform the Imam / masjid committee about this.

It doesnt feel good to sit in the office and not be able to pray on time while the adhan is going on.
There is no room where u can offer salat in the office ? There is no Muslim in your off ?

What do you advise? Should I pray in the lonely mosque or pray at home a few hours late?
If possible talk to the Imam and make sure that no guy enters in to ladies room . If u still don't feel safe /comfortable , then may be it's ok if u offer salat after coming home as it's still time for salat.

And Allah knows Best.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdullahSyed
09-14-2009, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

My office recently relocated to a new area in the outskirts of the city, the nearest masjid is around 4 minutes drive away. The masjid is on the highway, I went there a few times for dhuhr prayer but always found it deserted. I am a female, and I am the only one praying in the ladies section. I just follow the imaam on the speakers. Once I got startled to see two highway laborers making wudu in the ladies section. Since then, I hesitated to go there. By the time I reach back home, I will be about 2 hours late from the time of dhuhr adhan, though it will still not be asr. It doesnt feel good to sit in the office and not be able to pray on time while the adhan is going on.

The mosque I go to has the similar problem with some of the brothers standing in front of the sisters washroom. Imam has to constantly remind the brothers to move. I personally would suggest not going there it would probably be much safer. I don't trust men and I am a man. I heard from a sheikh that if you cannot pray you salah you can always mix them so like Dhur and asr together. So even if you get home late you can still pray dhur with asr. I think there is no point going to mosque alone without a mahram it defeats the purpose. :wa:

Sampharo
09-14-2009, 04:25 PM
Pray where you are.

You're a female and therefore are not required to go to masjed for congregational prayer. The prophet -pbuh- said that the female's prayer is better in her home, not masjed. What you faced is only one of the reasons as to why it is better to pray at home.

If you have a place where you'll be alone at work, do it. If not, go home and do it there, since Asr did not arrive yet.

Just pray at the masjid... They won't jump you... It's a masjid...
When slippers and rugs are stolen from masjids all over the World and half the beggars are faking, it means that a masjid is still a place that bad people can enter, it is not a magically sealed place that will protect the sister.

God knows best

gladTidings
09-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Salaam sis,

I agree with the brothers. I had to pray in a deserted masjid for two weeks. Fearing that I would miss dhur prayer I didnt see how it was inappropriate to pray there. Then one day I had a strange incident with who I thought was the imaam...Alhamdullilah it was my last day.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.