/* */

PDA

View Full Version : :( Rumours spead fast

Najm
09-07-2009, 08:04 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Ive been stressing out the last couple of days. And i need loads of advice.

People are spreading rumours about the wedding and its not just 1, but its from A to Z and its stressing me outimsad. The rumours are becoming widespread and issues are building up.

So far i have been ignoring it, and just swallowing my tongue, and trying my best to protect my family and theirs.

Brothers and sisters what shall i do?:cry:

FiAmaaniAllah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
zakirs
09-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Its common bro.. bad people are everywhere.. just be brave :)

S_87
09-07-2009, 08:28 PM
what kinda rumors about YOUR wedding? well maybe they are just jealous?

dont let it get you down. they probably jsut dont have any lives and want to focus on yours if they are making stuff up

جوري
09-07-2009, 08:29 PM
there is a hadith that states.
Ista3ino 3la qada'a umorikoum bel'kitman.. pls don't ask me to source it, someone on this forum more knowledgeable and handy in fiqh should find it insha'Allah..

in a nutshell and to translate:

When you are about to do something major, keep quiet about it.. it is really the best way to safeguard against everything, from envy, to hatred to back talk to unwanted comments or rumors.. Much as I'd love to believe that this small community represents Muslims at large, it isn't.. there are evil folks out there and they come in all shapes, sizes and religions..

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
09-07-2009, 08:36 PM
:sl:

Are the rumors affecting the way your future wife and in laws think about you? In that case, you should just get your family to sit down and talk to them and explain to them the reality of whatever the situation and let them ask whatever questions they have so that their hearts and minds are at ease. If it's not affecting how they think about you, then as hard as it is I'd just ignore what people have to say. Take comfort in the fact that whatever people say about you that is negative is a reward awaiting you in the akhira.

cat eyes
09-07-2009, 08:53 PM
salaam brother

don't let it effect you.

there is more evil out there then good. they might just be jealous.

jealousy gets the better of some people that they do all sorts of things and it would surprise you,

its always the one who ud least expect the one closest to you.

You see this is one of the problems you people face when you do engagement.

engagement plays no part in islam. i mean you are just boasting to the world that you are going to get married thats what engagement is and then the people wonder but why am i getting bad eyes.

why am i inflicted with magic why are so many problems happening for me. why has the girl left me. why has my guy slept with another girl. why has my fiance took interest in another man and the list goes on. its the evil eye i am telling you.

mabe if you would have went through with the marriage and not wait and not broadcast it to the community for them to spread rumours. people would not have these problems that they are facing right not. suffering from the evil eye.

engagements are inviting trouble thats all that is! don't get me wrong but i am not bashing you in any way.

But just think for a second.

look if you really want to protect yourself from all this unwanted atention then id suggest you do things the islamic way. the only people that needs to know is your precious family.

Tony
09-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Najm sorry to hear this, I am not suggesting its right for you but if it was me and I knew the source of the problem, then I would take someone as witness and meet the gossiper head on and end it right there, not easy but maybe for me it would be the right thing to protect the bride to be and the perfect day. May Allah give you strength and patience brother, Ameen

Pk_#2
09-07-2009, 09:06 PM
WassalamAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

What's wrong akhE, don't be sad, please,

There's always going to be a bunch of people who try and ruin things for others, don't let them get in the way, anywayz, I don't really know what you're talking about, I haven't heard anything,

Be positive, hope you're ok!

GuestFellow
09-07-2009, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm

Ive been stressing out the last couple of days. And i need loads of advice.

People are spreading rumours about the wedding and its not just 1, but its from A to Z and its stressing me outimsad. The rumours are becoming widespread and issues are building up.

So far i have been ignoring it, and just swallowing my tongue, and trying my best to protect my family and theirs.

Brothers and sisters what shall i do?:cry:

FiAmaaniAllah
Asslamu Alikaum.

I remember at school and at college ''friends'' and other students used to spread rumours about me resulting in becoming pretty much disliked. Those who I got along with were always suspicious of me. Some people used to stare at me and others made funny comments about me when I walked past them.

I'm afraid the only thing you can do is ignore them. There is nothing you can do. People always talk about other people and make them look bad. These people got nothing better to do. Don't make it become your problem.

The more you try and confront these people, the worse it gets. This is what happened to me when I tried to confront a few students who kept on talking about me. So forget these sad people.

Just think about your wedding preparations.

Najm
09-07-2009, 10:28 PM

Well id love to list the problems but i cant, i would have in the brothers section though, not that its a brotherly issue.

I like Sky's advice that i should have let it out. LOL, funny enough the only people i told is the community of LI. Some of my friends know through people etcetra etcetra but i havent announced it myself.

Anyways im feeling depressed as it is. I didnt really need to ignore it so far, because they are talking behind my back, and some have told me directly and they just put me down, even when i justify it!!!

What i also noticed is that even if the majority is wrong, they stll end of winning :(

Also someone suggested to do it the islamic way. SubhaanAllah, if i was running the show then it would the islamic way! But aint running, the elderlys are! All they worry about is culture and custom!!

Anyways i never get angry, and i should stop before i do. Alhamdulillah!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
09-07-2009, 10:46 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Its common bro.. bad people are everywhere.. just be brave :)
What?! Its common? I never really cared about what people say, but it doesnt affect you its about the family, and i have to swallow my tongue

format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
WassalamAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

What's wrong akhE, don't be sad, please,

There's always going to be a bunch of people who try and ruin things for others, don't let them get in the way, anywayz, I don't really know what you're talking about, I haven't heard anything,

Be positive, hope you're ok!
UhktE nice to hear from you. Hows your health? What are the doctors saying?

UhktE dont forget to make dua because dua is accepted from an ill person, a fasting person and time of iftar. And you maybe doing all 3.

Dont worry about me, Allah will protect our family, inshaAllah!
FiAmaaniAllah

zakirs
09-07-2009, 11:12 PM
What?! Its common? I never really cared about what people say, but it doesnt affect you its about the family, and i have to swallow my tongue
Yes bro i have seen such things in my family weddings .. people just like gossips and spreading rumours , they might be jealous or who know they might just be pure idiots.

Take care and have a good wedding bro :)

GuestFellow
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Well id love to list the problems but i cant, i would have in the brothers section though, not that its a brotherly issue.

I like Sky's advice that i should have let it out. LOL, funny enough the only people i told is the community of LI. Some of my friends know through people etcetra etcetra but i havent announced it myself.

Anyways im feeling depressed as it is. I didnt really need to ignore it so far, because they are talking behind my back, and some have told me directly and they just put me down, even when i justify it!!!

What i also noticed is that even if the majority is wrong, they stll end of winning :(

Also someone suggested to do it the islamic way. SubhaanAllah, if i was running the show then it would the islamic way! But aint running, the elderlys are! All they worry about is culture and custom!!

Anyways i never get angry, and i should stop before i do. Alhamdulillah!!

FiAmaaniAllah
Salaam.

I'm not entirely sure how to help you but I think you need to find someone who you can trust. Find someone who you can talk to and tell them what is going on. Don't keep it all bottled up. It is not healthy. Maybe you should tell your parents or a close relative.

Yes the things they say are hurtful however you need to be in control of your emotions. Don't let other people put you down. Look at the positive aspects of life. Many people would do anything to be in your position.

People who backbite about others are probably insecure about themselves, bored or too proud that they feel need to critique others. What goes around comes around. These people will get a taste of their own medicine.

Yes don't let your anger take control over you. When people say hurtful you can behave quite unpredictably and personally I ended up getting into fights. :phew

I will continue to do dua for you!

Najm
09-08-2009, 07:35 PM

I didnt sleep last night, but by morning i was feeling better. These people never affected my life, yet they want to affect my marriage, which seems very strange. Anyways i know i am old enough to handle the responsibility no matter what anyone says.

Lots of things are out of my control, so i cant do anything but be patient, and Allah will deal with all if my matters.

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
09-08-2009, 10:42 PM

I had more of my brothers "friends" tell me their feelings after tarawih!imsad < i aint really that sad anymore, actually i am, i am sad for them. They clearly have little knowledge of what islam teaches us regarding marriage. At least i tried to break that ignorance barrier today. Nevertheless it hurts me imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

Pk_#2
09-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Wa'alaykum As-Salaam warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

What?! Its common?
'Corse it's common silleh!

UhktE nice to hear from you. Hows your health? What are the doctors saying?
Alhamdhulillah, I'm still alive and typing...You see I sleep in the morning and walk around at night..

UhktE dont forget to make dua because dua is accepted from an ill person, a fasting person and time of iftar. And you maybe doing all 3.

All 3 Na waii, just the ill part, you're in my dua's, let me know if it's anything in particular

Dont worry about me, Allah will protect our family, inshaAllah!
FiAmaaniAllah
Aameen,

P.s. I heard the rumours, don't worry about them, mum heard them yesterday, man they do spread fast :hmm: She got really annoyed.

May Allaah protect my family and yours, Aameen,

Sleep well tonight.

Najm
09-14-2009, 08:34 PM

imsad

Pk_#2
09-15-2009, 07:37 AM

imsad
Wa'alaykum As-salaam WarahmatuAllaah Wa Barakatuhu,

Please akhE, don't be upset, don't let people get to you like this, it's not fair, you haven't done anything wrong.

I hate this, imsadcheer up ASAP or else...poKe! :D

zakirs
09-15-2009, 11:51 AM
:sl:
Yeah bro cheer up ..
Its Ramadan time and your marriage is near :D
And its tuesday!:mmokay:

AnonymousPoster
09-15-2009, 02:22 PM
If only we had the law of Allah, we could get the whip out :statisfie and punish them for spreading false info. Like in the story of IFK.

'Abd-al Latif
09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
Najm, remember one thing: irdaa un-naas ghaayatun laa tudrak "Pleasing people is matter you will never attain"

Najm
09-15-2009, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Najm, remember one thing: irdaa un-naas ghaayatun laa tudrak "Pleasing people is matter you will never attain"

Its not about pleasing people, to be honest i couldnt care what they say. At the end of the day i just want to see the wife-to-be happyfor herself and me. And yeah i want her parents and my parents too.

I just doesnt understand how people just make up lies and just pass it everyone. And nobody close to me, tells me, which makes me feel like they are part of it, and really it means i dont trust them (i.e people who are close to me).imsad

And i have already swallowed my tongue so many times, about the same things that slow slowly the opinions feels like hardcore facts. And no matter how much counter-arguments i say, they end up winning.imsad

.................................................. ..............................................

Anyways i dont care anymore, i dont think i can even stand my ground. Its all out of my control, so im just going to enjoy the ride and whatever happens, whatever happens.

I really do like the girl, and i hope she likes me, and in the end thats all that matters to me. Its my marriage, and id be happy if the girl is happy. Alhamdulillah!

How do i take comfort?...

"And put your trust in Allah if you are believers indeed." (5:23).......

"And in Allah therefore let the believers put their trust."(64:13)..........

Be mindful of Allah in prosperity, and He will remember you in adversity." [.Sunan al-Tirmidhî (2516)].........

Alhamdulillah!!!

FiAmaaniAllah

Najm
09-30-2009, 06:05 PM

I guess sometimes, rumours can really hurt imsad

FiAmaaniAllah

Muhaba
09-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Brother, may Allah help you overcome this hardship and make your wedding go all right. Insha-Allah all will be fine. If anyone questions you about whatever is being said, have those close to you bear witness the truth.

Those close to you who haven't told you about the rumors may have kept silent because they probably didn't want to see you get hurt or anxious. marriage is already such a stressful occasion and i'm sure your family doesn't want to see you stressed out anymore.

In a hadith it is written that if someone tries to ruin the reputation of someone, then Allah swears by Himself that He will raise the honor of the person being insulted. And I've seen this happen myself. (In my own words, don't remember the exact hadith.) So put your trust in Allah and pray that all goes ok. and don't worry too much.

Ummu Sufyaan
10-01-2009, 11:36 AM
:wasalamex

I guess sometimes, rumours can really hurt imsad

FiAmaaniAllah
akhee, why do you care about attention seeking, envious people who have nothing better to do with their time expect spread malicious gossip. as long as your fiance and her family are happy with you, just ignore what idiotic people have to say. people like that aren't even worth an iota of energy.
don't worry about those who dont worry about you :thumbs_up

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.