/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hard times, please help :(

AnonymousPoster
09-07-2009, 10:15 PM
:sl:

I'm going through some hardship at the moment :cry:

I wanted to know what the best key is to do during hardship, and how things can get better..

Jazak'Allah..imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pk_#2
09-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Cheer up, pray for me and I'll pray for you inshaAllaah,

Try and do some dhikr,

You're never alone, Allaah is waiting for you to ask for His help and we're all here by your side.

Rasema
09-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Wa Alikum Salam

Hardships are good for you.

I suggest you read hadeeths, obsearve Allah's blessings and remember that after every difficulty a relief comes,as stated in the Qur'an.

May Allah,subHana wa Ta'ala, strenghten you.

Singling out verses from some soorahs to recite them at times of hardship and difficulty
I wanted to ask you a qestion about some parts of the quran tht have been recommended to read in time of hardships and financial crisis. It is called "Manzil" in urdu. i will tell you the ayahs tht have been recommended and the book name tht i know in urdu. please let me know if islamically its ok to read them, the reason behind reading them is like making supplication to Allah.
1.the book name is "mustand majmooa-o-wazaif" page 224-231. i think it is written by muhammed talha kandulwi(if you want i can forward you the email if i can have your email address, because i do have information copied from the book in my email).
2. ayah frm the quran Al fathia, Al-baqra 1-5, al-baqra 163, al-baqra 255-257, al-baqra 284-286, al-imran 18, al-imran 26-27, al-ahraf 54-56, bani isreal 110-111, al-momanoon 115-118 al-safat 1-11, arrehman 33-40, al-hashar 21-24, al-jin 1-4 and surah al kafirun, al falaq, annas, ikhlas.

Praise be to Allaah.

We do not think it is permissible to single out certain verses of the Qur’aan to recite for specific purposes, unless there is specific shar’i evidence to that effect, such as if there is a saheeh hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) concerning the virtues of a certain soorah, which the Muslim may recite with the aim of attaining those virtues and benefits.

But if a person selects for himself various verses of Qur’aan to recite, and claims that they may bring relief from hardship or help at times of crisis, and he compiles them in a book to be recited regularly by the Muslim as part of a recommended wird, then that is more akin to innovation (bid’ah) than following the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). It is better for the Muslim to avoid that and not follow this example or act upon it.

The entire Qur’aan is blessing and reward and goodness, but claiming that a certain verse has a certain effect, especially in the case of these claims that they can relieve difficulty and financial hardships, is something that requires evidence, and the author of this book has no evidence for the things he says, so attention must be paid to that.

The Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas was asked:

In Uganda, if a person wants to call upon his Lord – du’aa’ – especially for increased provision, he summons some of the learned and they come to him, each of them bringing his Mus-haf, and they start to read. One will read Soorat Yaa-Seen because it is the heart of the Qur’aan, a second will read Soorat al-Kahf, a third will read Soorat al-Waaqi’ah or al-Rahmaan or al-Dukhaan or al-Ma’aarij or Noon or Tabaarak i.e., al-Mulk, Muhammad, al-Fath and other similar soorahs. The next day they do the same thing, and the day after that. But they do not read from al-Baqarah or al-Nisa’. After that they say du’aa’. Is this way prescribed in Islam? If it is not, then what is the prescribed way, with evidence?

They replied:

Reading Qur’aan whilst pondering the meanings is one of the best acts of worship, and calling upon Allaah and turning to Him, asking Him to enable one to do good and to grant abundant provision and other kinds of good things is a kind of worship that is prescribed in Islam.

But reading in the manner described in the question – distributing specific soorahs of the Qur’aan to a number of people, each of whom reads a soorah in order to say du’aa’ after that asking for abundant provision and so on is an innovation (bid’ah), because that is not proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in word or in deed, or from any of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them) or from the imams of the salaf (may Allaah have mercy on them). Goodness is in following those who came before (the salaf) and evil is in the innovations of those who came later. It is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever introduces anything into this matter of ours [Islam] that is not part of it will have it rejected.” Calling upon Allaah in du’aa’ is prescribed at all times and in all places, in all situations, in hardship and ease. What is encouraged by Islam is to say du’aa’ when prostrating during the prayer, just before dawn, and at the end of the prayer before saying the salaam. It is proven that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven every night when the last third of the night remains, and says: “Who will call upon Me, that I may answer him; who will ask of Me that I might give him; who will seek My forgiveness that I might forgive him?” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

And it is proven from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “As for rukoo’ (bowing), glorify your Lord therein, and as for sujood (prostration), strive hard in du’aa ‘therein, because then it is more likely that you may receive a response.” Narrated by Ahmad, Muslim, al-Nasaa’i and Abu Dawood.

It was proven from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The closest that a person is to his Lord is when he is prostrating, so say a lot of du’aa’ then.” Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood and al-Nasaa’i.

In al-Saheehayn it is narrated from Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught him the tashahhud, he said to him: “Then let him choose whatever du’aa’ he likes and say it.”

And Allaah is the Source of strength. End quote.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah (2/486)

On our website, in the answer to question no. 71183, we have mentioned some of the du’aa’s that are prescribed in Islam for seeking help to pay off debts, which are proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Please read them and make use of them.

See also: 3219, 22457, 87915.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Hand in hand

Contact us

Link the site

Suggest

Guestbook

Send to friend

All Rights Reserved for IslamQA© 1997-2009 : 138.06

cat eyes
09-07-2009, 11:00 PM
salaam

surely in remembering Allah do hearts find rest

:wasalamex
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I am also going through hardship, i don't know what to do but i just try to do zikr constantly, i don't know what is best to pray so i am just praying everything and anything i can think of.

Cry to Allah in the darkness of the night and make dua, he will be listening to you then more than any other time, in the last third of the night.

May Allah bring your hardship to an end and give you peace..Ameen

Ramadhan
09-08-2009, 06:42 AM
^^ I agree with the above post

I have experienced some hardships recently, I lost my job, was losing friends and my life was in such a messy state and I really couldn't see how there could be solution to my problem.
What I did was I prayed as frequent as I can, and I did the sunnah fasting (monday-thursday) and I made dua to Allah with all my heart. Cry as much as you can in your salah and in your dua.
Also, if you think you have some promises that are unfulfilled, either to yourself, to others or to Allah, it would be good if you immediately make effort to fulfill the promise.
Also, you need to reach out to those who can help you, either your family or your friends, if you can.
Alhamdulillah things have changed so much for the better for me in the past few months that it has been nothing sort of a miracle for me. May Allah always keep me near to Him until I die.
And if you can recite the Quran, please do recite it as often as you can, it will ease your pain.
I love these two short surah to remind us that Allah SWT does not abandon us and that hardships is a way to elevate our position and to make us nearer to Him:
QS Al Inshirah (94):
1 Have We not caused thy bosom to dilate,

2 And eased thee of the burden

3 Which weighed down thy back;

4 And exalted thy fame ?

5 But lo! with hardship goeth ease,

6 Lo! with hardship goeth ease;

7 So when thou art relieved, still toil

8 And strive to please thy Lord.

QS. Dhuha (93):
1 By the morning hours

2 And by the night when it is stillest,

3 Thy Lord hath not forsaken thee nor doth He hate thee,

4 And verily the latter portion will be better for thee than the former,

5 And verily thy Lord will give unto thee so that thou wilt be content.

6 Did He not find thee an orphan and protect (thee) ?

7 Did He not find thee wandering and direct (thee) ?

8 Did He not find thee destitute and enrich (thee) ?

9 Therefor the orphan oppress not,

10 Therefor the beggar drive not away,

11 Therefor of the bounty of thy Lord be thy discourse.

This surah Dhuha was revealed after a long period of time when there was no surah revealed to Rasulullah, and he felt sad and wondered if he'd displeased Allah SWT.

Arain.Faizan
09-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Prophet (S.A.W) said that you never get any hardship/illness but your sins keep going. (Meanings Only)

ALLAH says in Quran these people of Rehman are those who keep pateints.

well i would suggest you to pray a two rakat Salah (Salat ul Hajaat) and do some charity (Thats the wonderfull thing beleive me its work) and then make dua.

May ALLAH bless you with the best of this life & Hereafter.

Wishes & Luck

innocent
09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
You should recite this dua as much as possible.
la ilaha illa anta subhanaka inni kuntu minaz zalimeen.

Al Ansari
09-08-2009, 11:56 AM
assalaamu 'alaikum,

Brother Naidamar has some real good tips. Also, get counsel from the Muslims. Present the situation and get counsel. Make istikhara if it is a choice you have to make. Make dua, prostrate yourself on the floor and call on Allaah. Insh'Allaah. Try to have sabr (patience).

Sari
09-08-2009, 02:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Arain.Faizan
Prophet (S.A.W) said that you never get any hardship/illness but your sins keep going. (Meanings Only)

I'm not sure i understood this bit, could please explain?

Santoku
09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I'm going through some hardship at the moment :cry:

I wanted to know what the best key is to do during hardship, and how things can get better..

Jazak'Allah..imsad
What is the hardship? If it is finncial there is one set of advice, emotional, physical, spiritual - all have different advice.

For instance I am currently out of work - first time in thirty eight years. Can only look for a job for so long in a day - under qualified, over qualified, too old, you name it. when I feel down i go to my allotment and take it out on the weeds, eat some home grown cherry tomatoes, chat to a few of the guys, pretty soon I get over the worst of it and go home. Get beaten up by daughters makes it right.

If you need someone to talk to right out of context,totally confidential talkto the SAmaritans - they are good listeners, as confidential as the confessional.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.