/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hearts Can Change | Amazing Story

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-08-2009, 12:10 AM
:sl:

http://www.bitrebels.com/lifestyle/h...amazing-story/

Nick Vujicic&amph220&ampw212&ampzc1 -

Waking up in the morning with problems lined up at work, at home and even in places where you never thought you would see them is daunting for anyone. It’s so easy to fall into self pity not seeing the obvious blessings surrounding us each and every day. Getting self centered in problematic situations is probably the closest thing at hand and we all do it. I have done it and still sometimes go that way. But to what gain?

Making a catastrophe out of spilled milk is probably the best way to describe our behaviour at situations when things just won’t go your way. We whine, we argue, we project blame on things not even connected with the problem at hand. Without thinking we constantly feel unappreciated and pushed to the side. The distance between feeling OK and feeling sorry for ourselves is shockingly short most of the times if you think about it.
It would be unfair of me to bring up personal experiences in this article and I won’t. But I recently had a life altering situation in my life that from that day changed the way I look at things. Right now you’re thinking that something bad probably happened to me that changed things around. But that’s all wrong.

I was looking for clips that might motivate and inspire me to better myself in all that I might be doing wrong in my life. As I searched the Internet I came across a clip that literally brought me to tears. It was a clip of a motivational speaker named Nick Vujicic. Right at the beginning of the clip I thought to myself that this would probably just be another clip of someone telling me everything I should do to make everything work around me. That he had found some magical rule in life that would make sense out of everything. I dare to say that I have never been so wrong. Never have I been so off in terms of judgmental thinking.

Without saying too much, watch this and tell me Nick Vujicic didn’t just change your entire look on life.

Media Tags are no longer supported

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
جوري
09-08-2009, 12:42 AM
is this dude a Muslim?

:w:

Güven
09-08-2009, 12:45 AM

Very inspiring.

We take many things for granted....

Rasema
09-08-2009, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
is this dude a Muslim?

Lol, th espeaker's last name seems European. I've heard a similar last name of people from my country.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
09-08-2009, 12:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
is this dude a Muslim?

He's , I think, a Christian.

Rasema
09-08-2009, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
He's , I think, a Christian.
:hmm:
What an ispiring fella:D

Ansariyah
09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Beautiful! Masha'Allah!

Al Ansari
09-08-2009, 02:05 PM
assalaamu 'alaikum,

This was very inspiring, it just seems we forget about how hard others have it when we face our situation.

WAllaahu a'lam

Raaina
09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
That was very moving and inspiring, I did cry :(

noorseeker
09-08-2009, 02:31 PM
Made me cry

ژاله
09-08-2009, 02:34 PM
very inspiring. i read a similar story in readers digest about a quadrilateral amputee from Chile, Daniella something, who lost all her four limbs in an accident, she fell off the train and it ran over her. yet she exhibited extreme courage and will power, completed her studies and now is a doctor, the first quadrilateral amputee physician in the world. they have got her artificial legs and hooks for hands and she leads her life normally, she has learned to use her back muscles to lift and hold things with the help of those hooks, she examines her patients too with these hooks. and when someone sympathises with her about her trajedy, she says it is a very happy story...and her accident was rather a blessing.
how little do we show thanks to the Almighty, despite enjoying innumerable blessings :cry:

IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
mashAllaah.

i have a grandpa whos got no legs and his suuuuch an amazing jolly guy!

i love spending time wiv hiM !

syilla
09-09-2009, 02:43 AM
sometimes we are not aware of how blessed are we for even little small things. How sometimes we are not doing good with everything that we have like our hands, legs and eyes...

For example for those who have severe astigmatism they could not see everything in 3D...they can only see it in 2D. Just imagine looking the trees, animals and everything like only looking at the picture...and how sometimes we are so ungrateful :(

Laila01x
09-09-2009, 01:14 PM
very deep and Touching!

Rabi'ya
09-09-2009, 01:25 PM

SubhanAllah what an amazing guy!! How many of us just accept what Allah has given us like thsi guy has.

I did cry, but I am wondering whether it was the emotional music piped through that made me cry at that moment or whether it was what he had said :? Still truley a moving story :)

M..x
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
Salaam... Man, thas just beautiful. & Sooo inspiring.. Amazing people we have in this wurld.. JazakAllah for sharing bro.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.