/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why do some sinfull people have happy lives?

AnonymousPoster
09-08-2009, 02:17 PM
I know that they will be punished in the hereafter, and people going through hardship in this life will earn more reward and their sins will be washed away.

But i still feel i need to ask, why some people do seem to get punished in this world and go through hardship/depression/ruin etc in this life because of their sins, while some do so many sins and stay really happy and have an easy life, and never seem to feel the punishment for those sins in this world and almost seem blessed to us.

I know Allah will keep things saved for us in the hereafter, but he also wants us to have peacefull lives here and not be distressed, so i am wondering why some people suffer more for their sins, while others who sin all the time and never remember Allah seem to have happy lives and no worries.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MMohammed
09-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Allah permanently leaves the people who permanently stop doing good deeds.He will deal with them thereafter.

jay786
09-08-2009, 02:26 PM
It's like.. Why is this world a prison for the believers, yet paradise for the non-believers..

markislam
09-08-2009, 03:38 PM
work hard and use God given wisdom and you will be successfull

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I know these things and yet i still have questions.

Allah leaves the people who leave him, but Allah says he will bring ease and peace among the people who do believe him and remember him, so why are there still people who suffer depression, destruction and hardship who are really religious.

I'm not questioning Allah, just trying to understand as lately i am suffering from depression and i'm going through a hard time, i know have sinned alot but i am genuine in my repentance and i am striving to be a good Muslim now. And around me i know people who never remember Allah and are getting by happily in life with no worries and have peace of mind.

czgibson
09-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Greetings,

Unfortunately, human happiness does not always follow as a result of good behaviour.

Peace

Sampharo
09-08-2009, 05:17 PM
"And were it not that [with the prospect of boundless riches before them] all people would become one [evil] community, We might indeed have provided for those who [now] deny the Most Gracious roofs of silver for their houses, and [silver] stairways whereon to ascend." [43:33]

It is the destiny of people who have heard the message of God and refused it in arrogance and denial, to spend their eternity in hell. Along with muslims who do no good deeds in their life whatsoever, are muslim by name only, or are non-believers at heart, God extends their ways of injustice because they are not destined to be saved. When someone goes through hardship, it is easier for them to run to God and the higher power. God wants them to have NO EXCUSE to when they come for their judgement to claim mercy or good deeds.

As for muslims and pious people:
"Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere" [2:155]

and

"And We shall try you until We test those among you who strive their utmost and persevere in patience; and We shall try your reported (mettle)." [47:31]

It is not only cleansing action, it is also testing your faith. DId you believe in God and pray so as to get good stuff and get your prayers answered and think that you will achieve your dreams in this immediate World, or will you worship God the creator through thick and thin?

Also, a man's strength is not built-in, it is forged. Anyone will tell you that steel is made with fire, and the most brilliant diamonds are those pressurized the most. The better man is only that after hardship and challenges, and only then can carry heavier weights and dedicate himself to higher deeds.

However, don't go around thinking that automatically anyone with a lot of pleasures and provision is bad or without provision or facing hardship is good, nor do you dare think it's the opposite. Bad stuff happen to both good people and bad, and sometimes an otherwise decent being can go astray and God punishes him to wake him up, or make his actions even more worthwhile to him "As to those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their deeds pleasing in their eyes; and so they wander about in distraction." [27:4] so as to lead him astray.

Finally, it is possible to just be provision to someone so that other people might look upon, and it would test THOSE others on whether they will be satisfied with what they have or will they give in to their jealousy. You need to know there that God also says "Such are Our Bounties: whether thou bestow them (on others) or withhold them, no account will be asked."[38:39] and sodon't go and start thinking of trying to make account of who deserves and who doesn't, because it doesn't matter, remember:

This life: 70 years, 13 of which as unaccountable children.

Judgement day: 50,000 years as per the hadiths

Heaven or Hell: Eternity, or in other words, those 50,000 years multiplied by infinity!

You really think an easy 70 years is worth anything in comparison to the afterlife? Poor people get to enter heavens before rich people by 40 years to start with.

I hope this gives you a bit of perspective. :)

God knows best

cat eyes
09-08-2009, 05:18 PM
get your mind of things by getting involved in some type of charity or donate money to your local mosque. sometimes we have to do good deeds to wipe out our bad deeds, repentance is just part of the process of getting acceptance from Allah. do things for Allah that will please him so he might like something in you inshallaah that will take you out of this misery that your in! we are always wanting things from Allah but do we ever think about what Allah wants? praise him in your duas! thank him for your health and the food with which your going to break your fast with today! thank him for the roof over your head! thank him for the warm bed your going to sleep in tonight! recite his 99 most beautiful names when ever you can

IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Allah leaves the people who leave him, but Allah says he will bring ease and peace among the people who do believe him and remember him, so why are there still people who suffer depression, destruction and hardship who are really religious.
depression and destruction doesnt befall someone whos truelly pious.

but hardship most certainly does.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.