/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My fear.. help me.

Ran
09-08-2009, 07:39 PM
I chose my name because I have been thinking about "The Ran" that engulfs a Kaffir's heart until Allah seals off the heart when it is completely blackened by the ran dots.

I fear that I have become this.. I feel nothing, I worry that I will burn eternally for what I have done.

I don't show that I no longer pray, I'm not hiding anything so I don't think I'm a hypocrite, I know that Allah is the true and only God.

Is there any hope of repenting after your heart is sealed?
I don't want to go to Jahannam but I have sinned so much, I strayed so badly that I am completely lost now.

please help!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
09-08-2009, 07:54 PM
despair comes from shaytan

take a bath - sit on a prayer mat - reflect - recite dhikr - pray 2 rakaat and REPENT SINCERELY

may Allah help us all ! we all feel this !

Rasema
09-08-2009, 08:04 PM
:sl:
So, you have sined and stoped praying?

The prophet said to swich a bad deed into a good deed,because we're created imperfect. If you make a sin you don't follow a sin with a sin,as you are doind.If you stop praying and shift away from Allah's path completely, than you have commited a bigger sin than anything that you have done.

If you become better, than Allah,subHana wa ta'ala, will be pleased with you and you will be pleased with Him. So change!

Go to Islamic qa, there you'll find great fatwas about Allah.

Allah is exalted,above his creation, but his knowledge encompasses everything. Where ever you go He is with you(his knowledge).

You must pray to attain the awareness of Allah then you won't sin. Allah will then be in your thaughts.You won't be depressed,you wont need anything, just like I feel right now. I relate all matters to Him.

Knowing that Allah is behind a vail(solar system) ,watching you, is a beutiful feeling. I don't fear nor am I anxious anymore. My shyness has disappeared since I've attained the awareness of Allah.I simply don't need anything anymore. I don't desire anything anymore,well, exept Islam.

I love Allah so much.....................................

cat eyes
09-08-2009, 08:04 PM
your afraid of going to hell which shows that there is still some imaan in you and your heart is not sealed and you are not gone astray my brother if you were gone far astray you would not be here now on a forum asking for help believe me! that person who is astray don't know that he is! brother its never to late to repent. we all do stupid things in our life and we feel guilty about. we ask ourselves how did i let it get this far and you feel ashamed and disgusted. just remember Allah made humans to do mistakes so that they turn to him in repentance! Allah swt loves those humans who turn to him in repentance after they sinned and disobeyed him. have trust in Allah and know that he is ever merciful and forgiving. he loves you so much

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Snowflake
09-08-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ran
I chose my name because I have been thinking about "The Ran" that engulfs a Kaffir's heart until Allah seals off the heart when it is completely blackened by the ran dots.

I fear that I have become this.. I feel nothing, I worry that I will burn eternally for what I have done.

I don't show that I no longer pray, I'm not hiding anything so I don't think I'm a hypocrite, I know that Allah is the true and only God.

I don't want to go to Jahannam but I have sinned so much, I strayed so badly that I am completely lost now.

please help!

:sl:
"And He wishes to forgive you" Qur'an (4:146).

I hope you change your user name soon inshaAllah. : (
You believe in Allah and no other God. You fear His punishments and want to repent. Alhumdulillah, these are not the traits of a kafir. :)

Allah, The Glorified, The Exalted says..

Hadith Qudsi 15:
On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:
I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it.And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

Hadith Qudsi 31:
On the authority of Jundub (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) related:
A man said: By Allah, Allah will not forgive So-and-so. At this Allah the Almighty said: Who is he who swears by Me that I will not forgive So-and-so? Verily I have forgiven So-and-so and have nullified your [own good] deeds (1) (or as he said [it]).

(1) A similar Hadith, which is given by Abu Dawud, indicates that the person referred to was a godly man whose previous good deeds were brought to nought through presuming to declare that Allah would not forgive someone's bad deeds.

It was related by Muslim.
^Meaning the man had thought Allah's mercy to be limited. Na udhu billah.

Hadith Qudsi 32:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
A man sinned greatly against himself, and when death came to him he charged his sons, saying: When I have died, burn me, then crush me and scatter [my ashes] into the sea, for, by Allah, if my Lord takes possession of me, He will punish me in a manner in which He has punished no one [else]. So they did that to him. Then He said to the earth: Produce what you have taken-and there he was! And He said to him: What induced you to do what you did? He said: Being afraid of You, O my Lord (or he said: Being frightened of You) and because of that He forgave him.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah).
^Forgiven for fearing Allah's punishments. Can we then doubt Allah's mercy :cry:

Hadith Qudsi 33:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace be upon him), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:
A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).
Allah's mercy is vast.. :cry:

Hadith Qudsi 34:
On the authority of Anas (may Allah be pleased with him), who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) say: Allah the Almighty said:
O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal). Its chain of authorities is sound.
:cry:

Hadith Qudsi 35:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).
Allahu Akbar! :cry::statisfie

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nisa 4:17-18

Allâh accepts only the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and foolishness and repent soon afterwards; it is they to whom Allâh will forgive and Allâh is Ever All*Knower, All*Wise.

And of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil deeds until death faces one of them and he says: "Now I repent;" nor of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful torment.
Salatul Tawbah - The Prayer of Repentance
http://muttaqun.com/taubah.html

http://www.islamawareness.net/Repent...epentance.html

You have it in Allah's own Words that He will forgive those who repent in true sincerity. We can't tell you anything which is better dear brother. InshaAllah repent so that Allah can forgive you. He is waiting so He may forgive you. :statisfie:cry::)

in duaas,

:wa:

Woodrow
09-09-2009, 12:26 AM

please help!
May Allaah(swt) one day bless me with the depth of belief you show in this post.

It takes a person with very strong belief to know how much they have sinned against Allaah(swt). Use that belief to KNOW Allaah(swt) will forgive all things if your repentance is sincere. A person who knows he has sinned greatly, is sincere in repenting and begs Allaah(swt) for forgiveness is the person I would like to have do Du'a for me.

You have a wonderful opportunity in front of you. Repent fully, return to your prayers, forgive those who hurt you, seek the forgiveness of those you hurt, make restitution for any damage you have done and accept any earthly punishment you have brought upon yourself. Ask Allaah(swt) to forgive you with all of your heart and take steps to not repeat your past. I believe you will then feel a great burden lift from your shoulders as you seek to stay on the path to Jannah

Ramadhan
09-09-2009, 06:32 AM

please help!
By choosing to come here, it shows that Allah has given you the way to become a better person and to repent.

no one is sinless, and I myself has sinned a lot, and when I joined this forum earlier this year, I was on my back to the right path after years of living sinful life. So please do not despair.

Allah is very very happy when one of his slaves repent and tauba.
This was a description how happy Allah:
a traveler who is lost in a desert with his camel, when he fell asleep, his camel ran away along with his bottles of water and other provisions. He had to endure days of no food and no water. then when he has lost all hope, suddenly he found his camel with his water and food intact.
Can you imagine how happy he is?
Now, Allah is more happy than that traveler when one of his slave repent and perform tauba nasuha, no matter how many/big the sins are.

In the Qur'an Allah says (can't remember which surah/ayah):
Every human is a sinner, and the best of sinner are those who repent.

So ask forgiveness sincerely from Allah, and Insya Allah your tauba will be accepted.
Then try fulfill your obligations as a muslim as best as you could, and you will see that over time it will be easier for you.

syilla
09-09-2009, 07:16 AM
According to our belief Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho) is the most exalted person after the Prophets (may peace be on all of them). The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) himself conveyed to him the glad tidings of his being the head of a group of persons in Paradise. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once remarked:
"Abu Bakr's name shall be called outfrom all the gates of Paradise. and he will be the first of my followers to enter it."
With all these virtues and privileges, Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho) used to say:
"I wish I were a tree that would be cut and done away with."
Sometimes he would say:
"I wish I were a blade of grass. whose life ended with the grazing by some beast."
He also said: "I wish I were a hair on the body of a Mo'min."
Once he went to a garden. where he saw a bird singing. He sighed deeply and said:
"0, bird! How lucky you are! You eat, you drink and fly under the shade of the trees, and you fear no reckoning of the Day of Judgement. I wish I were just like you."

Hadhrat Rabiah Aslami (Radhiyallaho anho) narrates:
"Once I had some argument with Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho), during which he uttered a word that I did not like. He realized it immediately and said to me 'Brother, please say that word back to me in retaliation.' I refused to do so. He persisted, and even spoke of referring the matter to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam), but I did not agree to utter that word. He got up and left me. A few people of my clan remarked, 'Look! How strange! The person does wrong to you and, on the top of that, he threatens to complain to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam)'. I said, 'Do you .know who he is. He is Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho).

To displease him is to displease the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) and to displease the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) is to displease Allah, and if Allah is displeased then who can save Rabiah from ruin?' I went to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) and narrated the whole story to him. He said, 'You were quite right in refusing to utter that word. But you could have said this much in reply: '0, Abu Bakr, (Radhiyallaho anho) May Allah forgive you!"

Look at the fear of Allah in Hadhrat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho)! He is so anxious to clear his accounts in this world that no sooner has a slightly unpleasant word been addressed by him to a person, than he regrets it and requests him to say that word back to him in retaliation. He is so particular in this that he threatens to have the retaliation done through the intervention of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam). We are in the habit of saying offensive words to others, but we fear neither the retaliation nor the reckoning in the Hereafter.

Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) would often hold a straw in his hand and say:
"I wish I were a straw like this."
Sometimes he would say:
"I wish my mother had not given birth to me."
Once he was busy with some important work when a person came to him and, complaining about some petty grievance, requested for its redress. Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) laid a lash across his shoulders, saying:
"When I sit for that purpose, you do not come to me but when I am engaged in other important work you come with your grievances to interrupt me."
The person walked away. But Hadhrat 'Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) sent for him and, handing his whip over to him, said:
"You now lash me to even the matter."

He said: "I forgive you for the sake of Allah."

Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) went home, prayed a Salaat of two rakaats in repentance and upbraided himself saying:

"0, Umar! You were low but Allah elevated you. You were wandering astray but Allah guided you. You were base but Allah ennobled you and gave you sovereignty over His people. Now one of them comes and asks you for redress of the wrong done to him, and you beat him? What answer have you to give before Allah?"

He kept on chiding himself thus for a very long time.

Once Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) was going on his usual round towards Harrah (a suburb of Madinah) with his slave Aslam, when he saw a distant fire in the desert. He said:"There seems to be a camp. Perhaps, it is a caravan that could not enter the town due to night fall. Let's go and look after them and arrange for their protection during the night."

When he reached there, he found a woman and some children. The children were crying. The woman had a pan of water over the fire. Hadhrat 'Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) greeted her with salaam and, with her permission, went near her.

Umar: "Why are these children crying?"
The Woman: "Because they are hungry."
Umar: "What is in the pan?"
The Woman: "Only water to soothe the children, so that they may go to sleep in the belief that food is being prepared for them. Ah! Allah will judge between Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) and me, on the Day of Judgement, for neglecting me in my distress. "
'Umar (weeping): "May Allah have mercy on you! How can Umar know of your distress?"
The Woman: "When he is our Amir, he must keep himself informed about us."

Hadhrat 'Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) returned to the town and straightway went to Baitul-Mal to fill a sack with flour, dates, fat and clothes, and also drew some money. When the sack was ready, he said to Aslam:

"Now put this sack on my back, Aslam."

Aslam: "No please, Amir-ul-Mo'mineen! I shall carry this sack."

'Umar refused to listen to Aslam, even on his persistant requests to allow him to carry the sack, and remarked:

"What! Will you carry my load on the Day of Iudgement? I must carry this bag, for it is I who would be questioned (in the Hereafter) about this woman."

Aslam most reluctantly placed the bag on Umar's (Radhiyallaho anho) back, who carried it with a swift pace right to the woman's tent. Aslam followed at his heels. He put a little flour and some dates and fat in the pan and began to stir. He blew (with his mouth) into the fire to kindle it. Aslam says:

"I saw the smoke passing through his thick beard."

After some time, the pottage was ready. He himself served it to the family. When they had eaten to their fill, he made over to them the little that was left for their next meal. The children were very happy after their meal and began to play about merrily. The woman felt very grateful and remarked: "May Allah reward you for your kindness! In fact you deserve to take the place of Khalifah instead of 'Urnar."

'Umar consoled her and said:
"When you come to see the Khalifah, you will find me there."
He sat for a while at a place close by and kept on watching the children. He then returned to Madinah. On his way back, he said to Aslam:

"Do you know why I sat there, Aslam? I had seen them weeping in distress; I liked to, see them laughing and happy for some time."

It is said that Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) while leading Fajr Salaat used to recite 'Kahf' , 'Taha' and other such Soorahs in his Salaat, and would weep so much that his crying could be heard way back to several rows. Once he was reciting Surah 'Yusuf' in Fajr. When he came to the verse:

syilla
09-10-2009, 03:15 AM
continuation : (requested by a mod...huhuhu)

"I only plead for my distress and anguish unto Allah," (XII: 86)
he wept so much that he could not recite any further. In Tahajjud, he would sometimes fall to the greund and
would get indisposed with excessive weeping .
Such was the fear of Allah in Hadhrat Umar(Radhiyallaho anho) whose name struck terror in the hearts of
the mightiest monarchs of his time. Even today, the people are filled with awe when they read about him. Is
there any person in power today who is prepared to show such kindness to the people in his charge?

The Tabuk expedition is one of the major campaigns of the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam), and the last one in which he personally took part. When he received the news that the Caesar (of Rome) had mustered a large force to crush the power of Islam and was on his way (through Syria) to invade Madinah, he decided to lead the Sahabah to check him on his way. On Thursday the 5th of Rajab, 9 A.H .. the devoted band marched out of Madinah. As the weather was hot and the fighting was expected to be very tough. the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) made an open declaration that the Muslims should gather in strength and prepare fully to face the forces of the Roman Empire. He also exhorted them to contribute towards the equipment of the expedition. It was on this occasion that Hadheat Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho) contributed all his belongings. When he was questioned by the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) as to what he had left for
his family, he replied:

"I have left Allah and His Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) for them."

Hadhrat Umar (Radhiyallaho anho) contributed half of his belongings and Hadhrat 'Usman (Radhiyallahoanho) provided for the equipment of one-third of the whole army. Although everybody, contributed beyond his means, yet the equipment fell far short of the requirements. Only one camel was available for each group of ten persons, who were to ride it in turn. This is why this campaign is known as: "The campaign of hardship."

The journey was long and the weather hot and dry. The orchards were laden with ripe dates (the staple crop of Madinah) and it was just the time for harvesting, when all of a sudden the Sahabah were required to start on this campaign. It was really an acid test of their Imaan. They visualised the long and arduous journey, the scorching heat, the formidable enemy opposed to them and, to top all, the prospective loss of the year's crop, but they could not even dream of evading the call to arms, and that solely on account of the deep-rooted fear of Allah in their hearts. Except the women, children (who were excusable), those who were ordered to stay behind by the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) himself. and the munafiqin, nearly everybody joined the
expedition. Also among those left behind were such persons as could neither arrange conveyance for themselves, nor was the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) able to provide them with any.

It is about such people that Allah says in his Book:
"They turned back with eyes flowing with tears in sorrow that they could not find means to spend." (IX: 92)

Of the true believers. those who stayed behind without any excuse whatsoever were three in number. Their story would be presently related. On their way to Syria when the expedition reached the habitation of Thamud, the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) covered his face with his shirt and quickened the pace of his camel. He also instructed the Sahabah to do the same, since that was the se-ne of Thamud's destruction.
They were advised to pass there weeping and fearing lest Allah should punish them aa he had punished the Thamud.

The dearest and the most beloved Prophet of Allah and his privileged companions pass by the ruins of the punished people in fear and tears, lest they meet the same fate; on the other hand today, if any place is struck with an earthquake, it becomes a place of sightseeing for us and, if we come across any ruins, our eyes remain dry and our hearts unaffected. What a change of attitude!

Among the Munafiqin who did not join the Tabuk expedition, there were more than eighty persons from among the Ansar and an equal number from amongst the nomadic Arabs and a large number from the outstations.

Not only did they stay behind themselves, but they induced others to do so saying:
"Go not forth in the heat."

Allah's reply to this was:
"Say the fire of Hell is of more intense heat."

From amongst theIalthful, there were only three persons who" failed to rally to the Prophet's call. They were Murarah bin Rabi, Hilal bin Umayyah and Ka'ab bin Malik (Radhiyallaho anhurn). Murarah had orchards of dates, laden with fruit. He persuaded himself to lag behind with the plea:

"I have taken part in all the campaigns so far. What possible harm would befall the Muslims, if I miss this one?"

He feared the loss of his entire crop in his absence, and this prevented him from going out. But when he realised his . folly, he gave away incharity the whole crop and garden, too. that had caused him to tarry behind the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam).

Hilal's case was different. Some of his kinsfolk who had been away for a long time had just returned to Madinah. It was for the sake of their company that he did not
join the expedition. He also had participated in all the campaigns previously and thought (like Murarah) that it would not matter much if he missed just that one campaign. When he came to know of the seriousness of his default, he made up his mind to sever all his connections with those relatives who had been the cause of that blunder.

Ka'ab himself gives his account in detail, which is quoted in all books of Hadith. He says:

"I had never been financially so well off as I was at the time of Tabuk. I had two dromedaries of my own. I had never possessed this number before. It was a habit with the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) that he never disclosed the destination of. his expeditions, but he would keep. enquiring about the conditions prevailing elsewhere. But this time in view of the distance, the hot season, and the strength of the enemy, he had declared his destination, so that preparations could be made thorough and complete. The number of the participants was so large that it was difficult to note down
their names even, so much so, that absentees could hardly be detected in the large host. The gardens of Madinah were full of fruit. I intended every morning to make preparation for the journey but, somehow or other, the days passed by. and I made no progress. I was satisfied that I had all the necessary means at my disposal and that I would be ready. in no time if I once did decide to do so. I was still in this state of indecision when I learnt that the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) had left
with his companions. The idea still lingered in my mind that I would take a day or two to get ready and overtake the party. This procrastination continued till the time for the Prophet's arrival in Tabuk drew very near. I then tried to get ready but again, somehow or other, I did not do so. Now, when I came to look at the people left behind, I realised that there was none in Madinah except those who had been condemned as Munafiqin or had been specially exempted from going for certain reasons.

The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) on reaching Tabuk inquired as well, 'How is it that I do not see" Ka'ab?' Somebody said, '0, Prophet of Allah: His. pride in wealth and ease has caused him to stay behind.' Ma'az interrupted and said, No, this is wrong. As far as our knowledge goes, he is a true Muslim.' The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) however, kept quiet."

Ka'ab (Radhiyallaho anho) says:
"After a few days I heard the news of the Prophet's return. I was struck with grief and remorse. Good excuses one after the other entered my mind, and I was sure that I could escape the Prophet's wrath with one of them for the time being, and later on I could pray for forgiveness to Allah. I also sought advice of the wise men of my family in the matter. But when I knew that the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) had actually arrived, I was convinced that nothing but the truth would save me; so I decided to speak out the plain truth. It was a habit with the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) that whenever he returned from a journey he would repair to the rnusjid, first of all, say two rakaat 'Tahiyyatul musjid' and then stay there for a while to meet visitors. Now also, as he sat in the musjid, the Munafiqin came and placed before him on solemn oaths, their excuses for failing to accompany him on the campaign. He took them at their words, leaving the rest to Allah. Just then I came and greeted him with 'salaam'. He turned his face with a sardonic smile. I besought him with the words: '0,
Prophet of Allah! You turn your face from me. By Allah! I am neither a Munafiq, nor have I the least doubt in my faith.' He asked me to draw near and I did so. He then said to me: 'What prevented you from going out? Had you not purchased the dromedaries? I made a reply: '0, Prophet of Allah: If I were dealing with a worldly man, I am sure I would escape his displeasure through (seemingly) reasonable excuses, for Allah has endowed me.with the gift of the gab. But in your case I am sure that if I appease you with a false statement, Allah would be displeased with me. And, on the other hand, I
am sure that if I displease you by confessing the simple truth, then Allah would very soon blow away your displeasure. I, therefore, make bold to speak the very truth. By Allah, I had no excuse at all. I had never been so well to do as I was at that time.

' The Prophet (Sallallahoalaihe wasallam) remarked:
'He is speaking the truth.' He then said to me: 'You go away, Allah will decide about you. When I left the musjid, many a man of my clan blamed me and admonished. me thus; D: 'Never before you had committed any wrong; if after making some good excuse for once, you had requested the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) to pray for your goodness, surely his prayer would have sufficed you.' I inquired of them if there were any more people like me. They informed me that there were two other persons viz. Hilal bin Umayyah and Murarah bin Rabi, who also had admitted their faults like me and
received the same reply from the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam). I knew that both of them were very good Muslims and had participated in the campaign of Badr. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) issued instructions that none was to speak with the three of us.'

-to be continued (work to do :hiding:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.