/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Last third of the night?

AnonymousPoster
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
:sl:

What's so special about making dua on last third of the night?

And when is it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sari
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
It is, i believe, when you are closest to Allah with no veil between you and him and when duas are more readily answered.

Last third means just before Fajr i think, that is when i take it to be and pray Tahajjud just before Fajr time. If i am incorrect then please forgive me.

Snowflake
09-08-2009, 11:28 PM
:sl:

Hadith Qudsi 35:
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
Our Lord (glorified and exalted be He) descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).

:wa:

Najm
09-08-2009, 11:35 PM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah! I have to reply to this....

The last third of the night, is simply amazing....

Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah(SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) said: "Our Lord descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring:'Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him?
Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him?
Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?"[Bukhari]

Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah(SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) said “The best of prayer after those prescribed (i.e. obligatory prayer) is that in the depth of night.” [Muslim]

Also

The Messenger of Allah(SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) said "Verily, there is one hour during the (entire) night when any Muslim (submitting to the Will of Allaah the Almighty) may call upon Allaah and request anything of Him, regardless of whether the matter be worldly or of the hereafter. Allaah, theAlmighty will grant and fulfill the request. This is the case every night." [Muslim]

And this is something inshaAllah i will do.....

The Messenger of Allah(SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam) said “May Allaah have mercy on a man who wakes up at night, prays, and wakes his wife to pray; and if she refuses, he sprinkles water on her face. And may Allaah have mercy on a woman who wakes up at night, prays, and wakes her husband to pray; and if he refuses, she sprinkles water on his face.” [Abu Daawood]

SubhaanAllahi WaBihamdi, SubhaanAllahil Azeem!!!!

Last 3rd of the night is before fajr i.e 45/50 mins before. Simply wake up, pray Qiyaamun Lail, go to sleep, then wake for Fajr! Its an amazing sunnah, with a lot of benefits inshaAllah.

May Allah Pardon us. Ameen

p.s. ill need a bucket of water :embarrass

FiAmaaniAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sari
09-09-2009, 12:34 AM
So is immediately before Fajr not valid for tahajjud prayer or counted as the last third of the night when duas are accepted?

Najm
09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sari
So is immediately before Fajr not valid for tahajjud prayer or counted as the last third of the night when duas are accepted?

Not entirely sure what you mean, but basically, the period before Fajr, is The 3rd/last part of the night, and this is the best time to pray Tahajjud. Alhamudlillah

FiAmaaniAllah

Sari
09-09-2009, 12:46 AM
What i mean is that immediately before Fajr, say 5/10mins before Fajr, is that still counted and okay?

Najm
09-09-2009, 01:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sari
What i mean is that immediately before Fajr, say 5/10mins before Fajr, is that still counted and okay?

Yes inshaAllah. However please do note, if you have the intention to prayer tahajjud, then it is better than you dont pray witr as Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam), used to pray in sets of two (Tahajjud) and then end with 3 Rakah witr....

Prophet (SalAllahu Alayhi WaSalam)said: “Whoever fears that he will not wake up in the later part of the night, then let him perform Witr in the first part of it and whoever expects to wake up in the later part of the night, let him pray it then. Indeed, the prayer of the night is witnessed (by the angels), and that is better.” [(Saheeh) Abd ur-Razzaq]

FiAmaaniAllah

syilla
09-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Tonight InshaAllah masjid infront of my house will start doing qiyamulayl... can't wait Alhamdulillah :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.