/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ramadan's news letter day 18

manhag
08-30-2009, 04:47 PM
Verse of the Day

"Walillahi ma fee alssamawati wama fee alardi walaqad wassayna allatheena ootoo alkitaba min qablikum waiyyakum ani ittaqoo Allaha wain takfuroo fainna lillahi ma fee alssamawati wama fee alardi wakana Allahu ghaniyyan hameedan"

"And to Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And verily, We have recommended to the people of the __script__ure before you, and to you (O Muslims) that you (all) fear Allah, and keep your duty to Him. But if you disbelieve, then unto Allah belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and Allah is Ever Rich (Free of all wants), Worthy of all praise (131) An_Niasa` "

All-Wise and All-Knowing. And everything in the heavens and the earth belongs to Him. We enjoined those whom We gave the Book before you and now enjoin you also, to fear Allah in all your dealings. But if you reject this, (you will do so at your own peril, for) Allah is the owner of everything in the heavens and the earth: He does not stand in need of anyone and is worthy of all praise.

Today's Invocation

A man reported: I was riding on the same beast of burden as the Prophet , then it stumbled, so I said: May shaytãn stumble (Ta`isa 'ash-shaytãnu), so he said: "Do not say Ta`isa 'ash-shaytãnu, because when you say that he magnifies himself so much that he would be like the house, and he says: By my strength. Say however: Bismillãhi (217)
because when you say that he belittles himself till he is like the flies."

(217) In the name of Allah

Q & A

The food comes back up to his throat - what should he do?

I have a problem with my fasting, which is that at the beginning of the day the food comes back up from the stomach to the throat, and often it passes the throat. This is something that happens every day. What should I do? Do I have to repeat the fasts of those days? Please note that this happens every day in Ramadan.

Praise be to Allah.

If some of the food comes back up from the stomach to the throat, this is something that a person has no control over, rather it may be due to some medical problem or because the stomach is filled with food.

This is called regurgitation and the one to whom that happens should expel it from his mouth if he can. But if he cannot expel it and it goes back to his stomach, there is no blame on him and it does not affect his fast.

Ibn Hazm (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

The fast is not invalidated if a person regurgitates and it comes out of his throat, so long as he does not deliberately swallow it after it reaches his mouth and he is able to spit it out. End quote.

Al-Muhalla (4/335).

Islam Q&A

Quote of the Day

Allah sees the hearts and the deeds as well, so what did He find from your deeds to accept you in a good way?.

What did He find regarding your efforts?? Did you knock the doors hard enough?? Did you dedicate and do your best? or there is still a lot to offer??

"And perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat and whatever of good (deeds that Allah loves) you send forth for yourselves before you, you shall find it with Allah. Certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what you do." (Al Baqra 110)

Previous Editions for Ramadan Newsletter

Day 1 , Day 2 , Day3 , Day 4,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
manhag
08-30-2009, 04:55 PM
Verse of the day

:-Anaam 125

And whomsoever Allah wills to guide, He opens his breast to Islam; and whomsoever He wills to send astray, He makes his breast closed and constricted, as if he is climbing up to the sky. Thus Allah puts the wrath on those who believe not.

Faman yuridi Allahu an yahdiyahu yashrah sadrahu lilislami waman yurid an yudillahu yajAAal sadrahu dayyiqan harajan kaannama yassaAAAAadu fee alssamai kathalika yajAAalu Allahu alrrijsa AAala allatheena la yuminoona

Allah makes a believer's breast wide open to Islam" means: "Allah makes him fully convinced of the truth of Islam by removing from his mind and heart every kind of doubt, suspicion, hesitation and indecision about Islam

Supplication

"Our Lord! You have not created (all) this without purpose, glory to You! (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners). Give us salvation from the torment of the Fire. *Our Lord! Verily, whom You admit to the Fire, indeed, You have disgraced him, and never will the Zaalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers) find any helpers. *Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one (Muhammad p.b.u.h.) calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. *Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and remit from us our evil deeds, and make us die in the state of righteousness along with Al-Abraar (those who are obedient to Allah and follow strictly His Orders). *Our Lord! Grant us what You promised unto us through Your Messengers and disgrace us not on the Day of Resurrection, for You never break (Your) Promise." (3/191-194)

Q & A

Ruling on using kohl, henna and cosmetics

What is the ruling on women using kohl and some cosmetics during the day in Ramadaan? Do these things break the fast or not?

Praise be to Allaah.

Kohl does not break the fast of either women or men, according to the more correct opinion of the scholars, but using it at night is preferable for one who is fasting. The same applies to other things that are used to beautify the face such as soap, creams and so on, which has to do with the outer __layer__ of the skin. That also includes henna, make-up and the like, but make-up should not be used if it will harm the face.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

manhag
08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Verse of the Day

Waitha quria alquranu faistamiAAoo lahu waansitoo laAAallakum turhamoona

So, when the Qur'an is recited, listen to it, and be silent that you may receive mercy. [i.e. during the compulsory congregational prayers when the Imam (of a mosque) is leading the prayer (except Surat Al-Fatihah), and also when he is delivering the Friday-prayer Khutbah]. (Tafsir At-Tabari

In your bigotry and obduracy you turn a deaf ear to the Qur'an when it is being recited, and make a loud noise so that no one should be able to listen to it. Leave this wrong attitude towards it and listen to it with attention and consider the teachings contained in it. It is just possible that your acquaintance with it may enlighten your hearts and make you co-sharers with the Believers in the mercy of your Lord

Supplication

"O my Lord! Make me one who performs As-Salaat (Iqaamat-as-Salaat), and (also) from my offspring, our Lord! And accept my invocation." (14/40)

Q & A

Praying Isha (Nightfall Prayer) Behind Someone Praying Taraweeh (Ramadan Night Prayer)

If someone who has not performed Salaat-ul ‘Ishaa yet, arrives late at the mosque and finds that the congregation are performing Salaat-ut Taraaweeh, should he join them with the intention to perform Salaat-ul ‘Ishaa and then after continues with them performing Salaat-ut Taraaweeh or should he perform Salaat-ul ‘Ishaa first on his own and after that join the congregation for the rest of Salaat-ut Taraaweeh?

He should join the congregation having made the intention to perform Salaat-ul ‘Ishaa. This is in accordance with the evidence in the Saheeh Hadeeth related by Mu‘aaz concerning the permissibility of performing of Salaat-ul Fard (an obligatory Salaat) whilst being led by someone who is performing a Nafl (voluntary) Salaat. This way would also create less disturbance which could be resulted if there were two Salaats being performed aloud (during the recitation of al-Qu'raan, for example) as is the case with Salaat-ul ‘Ishaa and Salaat-ut Taraaweeh.

Islam Q&A

Quote of the Day

Ja'fer Ibn Mohammed Ibn Ali Ibn Al Hussien said while he was talking to Suphian Al Thawree:

O' Suphian if Allah blesses you with a blessing that you loved its subsistence and continuity then you have to thank and praise Allah a lot for it.

Practical Assignment

Remember and write down ten blessings that Allah has blessed you with, so that whenever you remember them your love & bashfulness to your lord increases (gratitude and neediness)

Get closer to him with your gratitude so that you can carry the flag of gratitude in the day of judgment "And be amongst the thankful"

Written by: Shiekh Hani Helmy
manhag.net

manhag
08-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Verse of the Day

"Verily, your Wali (Protector or Helper) is none other than Allah, His Messenger, and the believers, - those who perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, and they are Raki'un (those who bow down or submit themselves with obedience to Allah in prayer). And whosoever takes Allah, His Messenger, and those who have believed, as Protectors, then the party of Allah will be the victorious." Al-Ma'ida part 6 (55- 56)

Invocation

The Messenger of Allah peace and blessings be upon him said: "Whoever says: Lã 'ilãha 'illã 'allãhu wahdahu lã shareeka lahu, lahulmulku wa lahul hamdu wa huwa `alã kulli shay'in qadeerun(7) 100 times would get the reward of manumitting ten slaves, one hundred good deeds would be written for him, one hundred sins would be remitted from him, it would be a shield for him from the Shaytan that day till night, and nobody would arrive with better than what he arrived with except for one that had done more than him."

(7) There is no 'ilãh except Allah, no partner does He have; his is the Kingdom, and to Him is all Praise, and He is ever-able to do everything.

Q & A

Is saying Ramadan Mubarak be bidah

Is saying "Ramadan Mubarak" or "Ramadan Kareem" considered to be bid3ah?.

Praise be to Allaah. There is nothing wrong with congratulating one another at the beginning of the month. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to tell his Companions the good news of the onset of Ramadaan, and urge them to make the most of it. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘There has come to you Ramadaan, a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast (this month). During it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are locked, and the devils are chained up. In it there is a night that is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is deprived indeed.’” (Reported by al-Nisaa'i, 4/129; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/490)And Allaah knows best. Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Quote of the Day

Al Hassan AL Basri said:"You will never achieve what you love unless you let go of what you desire. And you will not attain what you hope for except with patience upon what you hate"

Increase your Balance

Do you want your fasting to be multiplied by 10??Try to go out 10 minutes before the Maghreb prayer; offer 10 people whom you feel they'll miss their breakfast dates.If you did that every day you'll end up fasting 300 days instead of 30 days.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
manhag
09-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Verse of the Day

Qul lan yuseebana illa ma kataba Allahu lana huwa mawlana waAAala Allahi falyatawakkali almuminoona

In this passage a demarcation has been made between the attitudes of a man of the world and of a man of God. Whatever the man of the world does, he does it to please his own self. He exults if he attains some worldly ends but feels utterly dejected if he fails to attain them. Besides, he depends entirely on his material resources for his success and feels encouraged if these are favorable, but loses heart if these are unfavorable.

In contrast to the man of the world, whatever the man of God does, he does it to please Him and trusts in Him and not in his own powers nor in material resources. Therefore he is neither exultant over his success in the cause of Allah nor loses heart by failure, for he believes that it is the Will of God that is working in both the cases

Supplication

"Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and (all) the believers on the Day when the reckoning will be established." (14/41)

"My Lord! Let my entry (to the city of Al-Madinah) be good, and likewise my exit (from the city of Makkah) be good. And grant me from You an authority to help me (or a firm sign or a proof)." (17/80)

Q & A

Deputation in Paying Zakatul Fitr (Charity at End of Ramadan)

Some mosques express their readiness to receive the equivalent cost of Zakaat-ul Fitr from people in order to distribute it to the needy on their behalf in the form of commodities such as rice, flour, etc. Is this practice alright?

Since that it is intended that they would be purchasing and distributing those commodities to those who are in need of [the commodities] on their behalf, then it is alright and they will be getting the due reward, in shaa' Allaah.

Islam Q&A

Deed of the Day

Achieve something new today; provoke your energy in worship, in glorification, in Quran, in night prayer, in charity, in guiding others, in doing good deeds.

By Allah, make an imprint today.

Quote of the Day

Waheb Ibn Monbeh said:

"Whoever worships will be recharged with strength, and whoever slackens will get lazier."

source: manhag.net
to see previous letters
http://www.manhag.net/mam/component/.../func,showcat/

manhag
09-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Verse of the day

Walaajru alakhirati khayrun lillatheena amanoo wakanoo yattaqoona

And verily, the reward of the Hereafter is better for those who believe and used to fear Allah and keep their duty to Him (by abstaining from all kinds of sins and evil deeds and by performing all kinds of righteous good deeds). 57

yosuf 57

This is a warning against a misunderstanding that one might have had from the preceding verse that kingdom and power were the real ultimate rewards for virtue and righteousness, for the best reward that a Believer should desire and strive for will be the one that Allah will bestow upon Believers in the Hereafter

Invocation

Opening Supplications in Salat:

When the Messenger of Allah would start his Salãt he would be silent for a moment before beginning to recite. So Abu Hurayrata said: O' Messenger of Allah! With my father, and my mother [I would sacrifice them for you], you know your silence between the takheer and the recitation, what are you saying [during it]? He said: I say: 'Allãhumma bã`id baynee wa bayna khatãyãya kamã bã`adta bayna 'almashriqi wal-maghribi, 'allãhumma naqqinee min khatayãyã kamã yunaqqã 'ath-thawbul 'abyadhu min 'addanasi, 'allãhumma 'ighsilnee min khatãyãya bith-thalji wal-mã'i wal-baradi(88)

88) O' my 'ilãh make distance between myself and my wrong-doings as You have made distance between the East and the West, O' my 'ilah purify me of my wrong-doings as a white garment is purified of dirt, O' my 'ilãh wash me of my wrong-doings with snow, water, and hail.

Q & A

Where does Waswaas( bad thoughts) come from in Ramadaan

If bad dreams are from the Shayateen, but the Shayateen are chained during Ramadhan, then how is it that we have bad dreams during Ramadhan?
Praise be to Allah.

Not all shayateen are chained. Only the leaders or the strong ones are chained, which means they could not do in Ramadan the things they used to do throughout the year. Let it also be known to you that alqareen, who is the resident shaytan, never leaves you no matter where you go. Also there is the evil within every one of us. Therefor, all of these factors promote the evil which we see during Ramadan, yet it is certainly less than outside Ramadan.

Islam Q&A

Quote of the Day

Worship Allah by counting your words in the day of Ramadan. As whoever deacresed his words, will have his mistakes decreased as well. And whoever treated his heart with the scarcity of words, and kept his tongue busy with glorification and Quran is about to get cured.

We need to have a sort of seclusion to get this heart fixed, and we need a call to count what we missed in the first ten days to make up in the second ten day.
source:

manhag
09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Verse of the Day

Ma kana lillahi an yattakhitha min waladin subhanahu itha qada amran fainnama yaqoolu lahu kun fayakoonu maryam 35

"It befits not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should beget a son [this refers to the slander of Christians against Allah, by saying that 'Îsa (Jesus) is the son of Allah]. Glorified (and Exalted) be He (above all that they associate with Him). When He decrees a thing, He only says to it: "Be!" - and it is."

For just as the miraculous birth of Prophet John did not make him the `son of God', so the miraculous birth of Prophet Jesus could not make him the son of God. For the births of both were the result of the same sort of miracle as they have been mentioned together in the same context in the Gospel of Luke. Therefore, it is mere distortion that the Christians should regard one as the servant of God and the other as the son of God

Invocation

The Messenger of Allah said "When one of you is finished saying the last tashahhud [the final one in his prayer], let him seek refuge in Allah from four: From the torture of the Hell-fire, from the torture in the grave, from the trying misfortunes of life and death, and of the evil of the impostorous messiah [antichrist]".

Q & A

Fasting person swallowing food remnants in his mouth

If any bits of food are left between the teeth of one who is fasting, is it regarded as breaking the fast if the fasting person swallows them?.

Praise be to Allaah.

If the fasting person wakes up and finds any bits of food between his teeth, this does not affect his fast, but he has to spit out these bits and get rid of them, and that does not affect his fast unless he swallows them. If he deliberately swallows any bits that are left between his teeth, this invalidate his fast. But if he swallows them because he is not aware of the ruling or because he forgets, this does not affect his fast. But the Muslim should be keen to clean his mouth and teeth after eating, whether he is fasting or not, because cleanliness is required of the Muslim.

to see previous letters
you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.manhag(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/mam/component/option...8/func,showcat/

manhag
09-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Verse of the Day

{Wahuwa allathee khalaqa allayla waalnnahara waalshshamsa waalqamara kullun fee falakin yasbahoona} (A- Anbia :33)

And He it is Who has created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, each in an orbit ... The use of the words kullun (all) and yasbahun (float) in the plural (for more than two) indicates that not only the sun and the moon but all the heavenly bodies are floating in their own separate orbits and none of them is fixed or stationary

Invocation

When the Messenger of Allah would start his Salãt he would be silent for a moment before beginning to recite. So Abu Hurayrata said:

O' Messenger of Allah! With my father, and my mother [I would sacrifice them for you], you know your silence between the takheer and the recitation, what are you saying [during it]? He said: I say: 'Allãhumma bã`id baynee wa bayna khatãyãya kamã bã`adta bayna 'almashriqi wal-maghribi, 'allãhumma naqqinee min khatayãyã kamã yunaqqã 'ath-thawbul 'abyadhu min 'addanasi, 'allãhumma 'ighsilnee min khatãyãya bith-thalji wal-mã'i wal-baradi(88)

(88) O' my 'ilãh make distance between myself and my wrong-doings as You have made distance between the East and the West, O' my 'ilah purify me of my wrong-doings as a white garment is purified of dirt, O' my 'ilãh wash me of my wrong-doings with snow, water, and hail.

Agreed upon by Bukhari and Muslim, and Al-Albãni included this hadeeth in The Authentic of Good Sayings as #61.

Q & A

* Ruling on reading from the Mus-haf during prayer

Is it permissible for the imam to read from the Quran during Tarawih prayers in Ramadan? Are prayers not accepted if the Imam reads from Quran during Tarawih prayers?

Praise be to Allaah.

There is nothing wrong with reading from the Mus-haf during night prayers in Ramadaan, because this will make the members of the congregation hear all of the Qur’aan. The Qur’aan and Sunnah indicate that Qur’aan should be recited in prayer, whether it is from the Mus-haf or from memory. It was proven that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) told her freed slave Dhakwaan to lead her in praying qiyaam in Ramadaan, and he used to read from the Mus-haf. Al-Bukhaari mentioned this in his Saheeh…

Fataawa Islaamiyah, vol.2 – Shaykh Ibn Baaz

to see previous news letters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.