/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this hadith true?

aadil77
09-09-2009, 06:35 PM
:sl:

At a khutbah the moulana said that: the prophet said four types of unfortunate people will not be forgiven during ramadan (can't remember all of it): one who drinks alcohol, one who takes drugs, one who is disobedient to parents and another one I can't remember

anyone heard of this, I thought everyone can be forgiven for anything at anytime except for shirk

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
09-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Brapp!

anyone?

M..x
09-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Brapp? Eh ka..
Erm I havent heard of this. Even with shirk, Allah is that merciful that if you repent before death you can be forgiven. Its tha first I've heard & my understanding is that Ramadan is a munf of forgivness and blessings? So Allahu Alim

Nora.
09-10-2009, 02:49 AM
I'll ask a shiekh and give you the answer tommorow inshallah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ramadhan
09-10-2009, 03:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aadil77

At a khutbah the moulana said that: the prophet said four types of unfortunate people will not be forgiven during ramadan (can't remember all of it): one who drinks alcohol, one who takes drugs, one who is disobedient to parents and another one I can't remember

anyone heard of this, I thought everyone can be forgiven for anything at anytime except for shirk

All I remember is if one drinks alcohol or take drugs, then his prayers would not be accepted for 40 days.

aadil77
09-10-2009, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nora.
I'll ask a shiekh and give you the answer tommorow inshallah :)
ok JazakhAllah

Nora.
09-12-2009, 01:50 AM
I asked him ..
he said yes it's ture ..do you want me give the whole hadith in Arabic ?
I'll try hard to find it in English :)

Please don't forget me from your Du'a
Your sister in Islam,
Nora

alcurad
09-12-2009, 02:15 AM
brother, there is no such thing as Allah not forgiving one who repents sincerely, rather we should stay away from such sins especially during Ramadan.

Nora.
09-12-2009, 02:21 AM
brother, there is no such thing as Allah not forgiving one who repents sincerely, rather we should stay away from such sins especially during Ramadan.
Exactly ..

Rasema
09-12-2009, 02:35 AM
:wa:
Well, hadeeths are aregorical,as you know. We would have to get an interpretation from a sheikh.
However, we shouldn't say there is no such a thing. This way you're rejecting a hadeeth. If it's in a hadeeth there is such a thing. We simply don't know to whom is the Prophet,saws, refearing to.

cat eyes
09-12-2009, 04:07 AM
this seems a little obvious to me. the people prophet mohammad pbuh might be referring to is those people who do all those things but never prayed and never repented and Allah took there souls while they were doing all those haraam things, just a guess.

i am not sure but its made clear Allah forgives everything accept associating partners to him. he will never forgive that person who dose shirk! prayer and sincere repentance is what saves the muslim from the helfire and reciting the kalma all through there life time!

and doing good deeds to wipe out there bad deeds inshallaah! Allah is most true to his words when he said we will be forgiven for everything but shirk. inshallaah we should be constant in a worship as much as possible. don't know when death will come knocking on your door

Muslim Woman
09-12-2009, 04:36 AM

related hadith:

Allah's Messenger

cursed ten people in connection with wine: the wine-presser, the one who has it pressed, the one who drinks it, the one who conveys it, the one to whom it is conveyed, the one who serves it, the one who sells it, the one who benefits from the price paid for it, the one who buys it, and the one for whom it is bought.

Prayer Not Accepted

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #3643, narrated Abdullah ibn Umar

; Abdullah ibn Amr

Allah's Messenger

said, "If anyone drinks wine Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, but if he repents Allah will forgive him. If he repeats the offence Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, but if he repents Allah will forgive him.

If he again repeats the offence Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, but if he repents Allah will forgive him. If he repeats it a fourth time Allah will not accept prayer from him for forty days, and if he repents Allah will not forgive him, but will give him to drink of the river of the fluid flowing from the inhabitants of Hell."

[Tirmidhi transmitted it, and Nasa'i, Ibn Majah and Darimi transmitted it on the authority of Abdullah ibn Amr.]

http://muttaqun.com/alcohol.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.