/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anti-Islam protest outside Harrow Central Mosque

mahfuja
09-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Hardline groups who say they do not want any more mosques in Britain have planned to stage a two-hour protest outside the building, in Station Road, at 5pm, on September 11 2009.
The event will commemorate the 2001 terrorist attacks as well as spreading an anti-Islam message, but the mosque community say they too oppose terrorism and extremism of all kinds.

Read the full article here:

http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/45...osque_protest/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
blazingflames17
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
This can not be attributed to far right wing anti islamic people. These people refuse to learn about the real Islam, so they stay with the preconceived propaganda about Islam they were spoon fed from CNN and FOX News. I admit I used to be like this, but I did some research and changed my perceptions. Besides, they are normal people like us, hard working, and they're not going away. And yes they are opposed to all sorts of terrorism. They just want to live their lives like the rest of us.

Some friends told me about this a while back, but I don't really care about it if it will be non violent. Apparently some people will take part in this protest because "Islam and Muslims hold us back from doing things". Well, no, they don't. These people are just using excuses for their own problems when they say things like this.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2009, 11:00 PM
ive been worried about them all day

does anyone know whats happened?

may Allah protect the harrow muslim community from those sick freaks

Ameen

Blackpool
09-10-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
ive been worried about them all day

does anyone know whats happened?

may Allah protect the harrow muslim community from those sick freak BNP's

Ameen
It's not the BNP. It's a totally different group and I feel there could be violence outside the mosque if Birmingham is anything to go by. The EDL will be there too.
This protest hasn't taken place yet. It will be held at 5pm on Friday....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
09-10-2009, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
It's not the BNP. It's a totally different group and I feel there could be violence outside the mosque if Birmingham is anything to go by. The EDL will be there too.
This protest hasn't taken place yet. It will be held at 5pm on Friday....
thanks for the correction!

GuestFellow
09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Ah I think we should simply ignore these protests and get on with our lives. ^_^

Let these jokers rant.

The_Prince
09-11-2009, 01:51 AM
im gonna be going with some friends. i will take my camera too and record

zakirs
09-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Lets hope that this doesn't turn out bad :(

Rabi Mansur
09-11-2009, 02:21 AM
I have a lot of friends who believe the media version of Islam. It is so hard to explain to them that the Islam I have discovered is so different from that.
It seems to me that Muslims have to somehow become much more visible in taking on the terrorists or the misperception will continue to exist.

zakirs
09-11-2009, 03:25 AM
Why not arrange for lunch for the people coming to protest may be some will stop protesting if they become busy eating .. all the muslim bros can help since they dont need to eat (they are on fast).. try some gandhian policies :D

syilla
09-11-2009, 03:31 AM
Make another protests outside to the protestors on being infront of the masjid huhuhu

who is the leader?

Blackpool
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Or why not just ignore the demo? Ideally, they would protest outside the mosque, chanting, holding up slogans and then head home in time for tea. These counter-protests are what they want. They will just spark the violence and it gives them a reason to fight muslims and a story for a newspaper editor... "Muslim extremists riot again." The muslim rioters in the last Birmingham demo were labelled "muslim extremists" in The Sun. It's just adding more fuel to the fire. The anti-muslim protesters are winning.

'Abd-al Latif
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM
Harrow Police: 9/11 mosque protest cannot be banned

POLICE say they cannot ask for a 9/11 mosque protest to be banned.
Anti-Islam group Stop the Islamisation of Europe (SIOE) plans to hold a rally to commemorate the victims of 9/11 on Friday but there are fears the event could result in violent clashes.
An English Defence League (EDL) rally in Birmingham on Saturday resulted in 90 arrests after skirmishes with members of Unite Against Fascism (UAF).
UAF are holding a counter demonstration on the same day and EDL has advertised the event.
The mosque called on the police and Harrow Council to ask the Home Office to ban the event.
Lynne Arnold, a spokesman for the Met, said officers are working with protest organisors to provide an appropriate policing plan on the day.
She said: “We have not made an approach to the Home Office, because there is no legislative basis to do so.”
Councillor David Ashton, leader of the council, said: “It is for the police to rule on the legality of demonstrations. The police advice to us is that this demonstration is legal so therefore can go ahead.”

'Abd-al Latif
09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
:salamext:

They would not be turning up at a mosque where there are hundreds of people in order to attack a couple of dozen muslims, they can hunt down individual muslims anywhere

They are turning up to provoke hundreds of Muslims against them, on 9/11, so that the muslims in the press can be seen as violent.

They have said so publicly

In other words they are laying a trap

And they even have the brashness to tell us that they are laying this trap, i guess knowing that many of us think with our hearts before our minds too often

As for the police - they will allow this to happen. Don't think this is a plan by a few right wing extremists alone, there are people behind them. just look at their slogans and statements, its clearly not simply just bnp thugs behind this. they are being used for other peoples agendas

The least that is upon our necks is to think why are they doing this, and what they want to gain from it. And then act accordingly

ws

Uthman
09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Harrow Mosque 9/11 Counter-Protest: Urgent Advice for Attendees

Tony
09-11-2009, 05:44 PM
May Allah give the brothers in Harrow the strength to fight, Ameen. Who do they think they are trying to stop the spread of Islam ? This could be the cuase of civil war in Britain, We are ordered to fight if the spread of Islam is prevented, Alhamdulillah

blazingflames17
09-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Well with all respect, the Muslims who rioted a couple of years ago were extremists, my God the things they were shouting was absolutely horrible...

I will not quote or give links but you can look it up for yourself. And yes, normal Muslims do plenty to try to eliminate extremism and show the real Islam but the corporate/state run media refuses to show that.

blazingflames17
09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
May Allah give the brothers in Harrow the strength to fight, Ameen. Who do they think they are trying to stop the spread of Islam ? This could be the cuase of civil war in Britain, We are ordered to fight if the spread of Islam is prevented, Alhamdulillah
Who ordered you to fight? Rhetoric like this will just start another civil war in Britain, which is what they want! And I don't mean to be rude, but the U.K. is the one country in the west that has been very nice and hospitable to Muslims so far.

I've seen many cases where people are oppressed in muslim countries or islamists try to stop the spread of hinduism for example, and they fight it. This is not the answer, let's fight it peacefully, not with grenades and guns!

zakirs
09-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I've seen many cases where people are oppressed in muslim countries or islamists try to stop the spread of hinduism for example, and they fight it. This is not the answer, let's fight it peacefully, not with grenades and guns!
Well said.. fight with actions not weapons.

Tony
09-11-2009, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blazingflames17
Who ordered you to fight? Rhetoric like this will just start another civil war in Britain, which is what they want! And I don't mean to be rude, but the U.K. is the one country in the west that has been very nice and hospitable to Muslims so far.

Jihad becomes a physical fight when muslims are being kicked out of their homes or when the spread of Islam is prevented by force. So to answer your question "who ordered me to fight" then I reply Allah did so. You are either a muslim or not, I believe Qur'An to be the word of Allah, therefore I will not go against it, if this upsets the west etc etc, then tough....my allegiance is to Allah whether that means comfort or not. The more I hear this wishy washy compromise of Allahs word, the more determined I become to adhere to its true meaning. Allahu Akbar

cat eyes
09-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I think we should treat them with kindness. the fact of the matter is those so called muslims started the attack on non muslims first:cry: i don't blame them for being angry. they strongly believe islam teaches terrorism. ask any non muslim. we don't need to fight them. we need to get THE MESSAGE STRAIGHT!

May Allah protect all those innocent muslims. i hope it dont get out of handimsad

Rasema
09-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Jihad becomes a physical fight when muslims are being kicked out of their homes or when the spread of Islam is prevented by force. So to answer your question "who ordered me to fight" then I reply Allah did so. You are either a muslim or not, I believe Qur'An to be the word of Allah, therefore I will not go against it, if this upsets the west etc etc, then tough....my allegiance is to Allah whether that means comfort or not. The more I hear this wishy washy compromise of Allahs word, the more determined I become to adhere to its true meaning. Allahu Akbar
I'm glad that true believers still exist. Jihad is ordained for you (Muslims) though you hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjGhbBFyHMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmLBeNMILD0 (beautiful,edited, recitation)

AND THOSE WHO NAMED BELIEVERS "EXTREMISTS" LEARN THE BASICS OF ISLAM.

Tony
09-11-2009, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
I think we should treat them with kindness. the fact of the matter is those so called muslims started the attack on non muslims first:cry: i don't blame them for being angry. they strongly believe islam teaches terrorism. ask any non muslim. we don't need to fight them. we need to get THE MESSAGE STRAIGHT!

May Allah protect all those innocent muslims. i hope it dont get out of handimsad
The innocents you talk of our brothers attacking were BNP skinheads chanting "there aint no black in the union jack" etc they bcall themselves the stop the spread of Islam in Europe party, they are rascist Islamophobic rot who dont deserve kindness. When we face our enemies and turn from them, the gates of Jannah are closed to us, and apart from anything else I will not sit back and let a bald headed moron tell me how to worship or how not to worship

Tony
09-11-2009, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
I'm glad that true believers still exist. Jihad is ordained for you (Muslims) though you hate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjGhbBFyHMg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmLBeNMILD0 (beautiful,edited, recitation)

AND THOSE WHO NAMED BELIEVERS "EXTREMISTS" LEARN THE BASICS OF ISLAM.
Subhan Allah

Rasema
09-11-2009, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes

:sl:
They will never stop mocking the believers no matter how much you preach. I gave up on this a long time ago.

cat eyes
09-11-2009, 11:07 PM
The innocents you talk of our brothers attacking were BNP skinheads chanting "there aint no black in the union jack" etc they bcall themselves the stop the spread of Islam in Europe party, they are rascist Islamophobic rot who dont deserve kindness. When we face our enemies and turn from them, the gates of Jannah are closed to us, and apart from anything else I will not sit back and let a bald headed moron tell me how to worship or how not to worship
but they can't and will never drive us out of Europe. they can chant until they are blue in the face. they cannot drive us out of our homes or stop us from walking to our local mosque! we have rights. when those tubes were blown to pieces in london do you know they were contemplating deporting evey muslim or muslim student back home like they did in america after the 9/11 but they didn't! our arms are not tied around our backs. so there is no need for violence in this case. i believe anybody can revert to islam when they get proper knowledge. why we will lower ourselves to fighting when they cannot harm us.

Rasema
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
So, be not weak and ask for peace(from the enemies of Islam)while you are having the upper hand.

Thus is Allah's will, He could of certanly have punished them(without you) BUT(He lets you fight) IN ORDER TO TEST SOME OF YOU WITH OTHERS.

The_Prince
09-11-2009, 11:23 PM
i was at the counter protest, by the time i and my friends arrived everything was over! there were hundreds and hundreds of Muslims, it was very good, everything kicked off right at the start of the protest when up to 20 of these right wingers showed up and were chased out, after that small clashes erupted with police and counter protesters, but again, by the time me and friends were there it was all over, just hundreds of people expecting something to happen, we were expeting hundreds of these right wingers to show up, they never did, lol they were scared away.

2 of my friends also started chatting to the police and was made like a sort of peace keeper, because some of the muslim youths were just looking for trouble with the police, and we agreed to keep them quiet etc.

overall it was a good counter protest, it was also fun having many of the Muslims come up to me recognizing me from my youtube videos!

cat eyes
09-11-2009, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
it was also fun having many of the Muslims come up to me recognizing me from my youtube videos!
:giggling:

Amadeus85
09-11-2009, 11:42 PM
i was at the counter protest, by the time i and my friends arrived everything was over! there were hundreds and hundreds of Muslims, it was very good, everything kicked off right at the start of the protest when up to 20 of these right wingers showed up and were chased out, after that small clashes erupted with police and counter protesters, but again, by the time me and friends were there it was all over, just hundreds of people expecting something to happen, we were expeting hundreds of these right wingers to show up, they never did, lol they were scared away.
To those who expect civil war in UK :giggling:

Mohmunir
09-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Racist bigots including the BNP-linked English Defence League and "Stop the Islamisation of Europe" tried to hold an anti-Muslim protest outside Harrow Central Mosque and to attack the mosque on the evening of Friday 11 September 2009. Muslim umma with the help of Unite Against Fascism, Harrow Council, Local Politicians, Local Community and the Police defended the mosque from racists and fascists. Big thank you for all.
BNP was kiked out of harrow and should never think of distrupting life in Harrow or any part of UK. BNP had no supporters except for few hired skin heads to confront the over 3000 muslims and other communities.
Thank god Allah's house was saved.
Muslim umma should unite with other communities and UAK against this racists and fascists.

Blackpool
09-12-2009, 12:17 AM
protest when up to 20 of these right wingers showed up
A very low turn out. It must be the unemployed that have alot of free time...

I don't disagree with these demos to be quite honest with you. I disagree with violence and I feel both sides are as bad as each other but I support demos against muslim extremists as I feel the muslim community needs to wake up. You may not like this view of mine but it's reality.

Humbler_359
09-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Yah! ;D

Hopefully ring wingers will bring hundred next time, our muslims will bring thousands people. It is very brave!

The_Prince
09-12-2009, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amadeus85
To those who expect civil war in UK :giggling:
there were many white ppl too WITH the Muslims, not to mention white news people, and no trouble was made against them.

so no, there is no 'civil war' just a fight against right wing neo nazi SCUM.

The_Prince
09-12-2009, 01:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Blackpool
A very low turn out. It must be the unemployed that have alot of free time...

I don't disagree with these demos to be quite honest with you. I disagree with violence and I feel both sides are as bad as each other but I support demos against muslim extremists as I feel the muslim community needs to wake up. You may not like this view of mine but it's reality.
as for the unemployed dig, many of the Muslims showed up at 6-6:30 because they had work, i missed the start of the protest because all my friends were working so we couldnt make it till 6:40. i currently dont work, because i can afford to live off my own money without work ;) but will have work in the media very soon.

AND BY THE WAY, the reason so little right wingers showed up was not because they had work, but because they were scared off and called it offfffff after they saw all the Muslims and were chased out, the rest of them were too scared to show up ;D which is not surprising as most Muslims know that these SCUM only talk big on youtube comments, forums, and act all tough when their beating on a lady with a hijab, but when it comes to the real deal and there are as many Muslims ready to stand up, these ants are no where to be seen, ha they even play victim.

and as for the comment that this is a protest against Islamic extremism, LOL, thats funny. what extremism? harrow is a new mosque and the muslim community in harrow have gotten on very very well with the none Muslim community, so why in the world are these right wing SCUM protesting outside a Muslim mosque on 9/11???

furthermore these right wingers have been caught giving nazi salutes, and having signs saying NO 2 ISLAM, NO MOSQUES, MUSLIMS OUT, tell me, does that sound like a beef with 'radical' Islam or Islam as a whole?

The_Prince
09-12-2009, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
Yah! ;D

Hopefully ring wingers will bring hundred next time, our muslims will bring thousands people. It is very brave!
the only reason i went today was because i really expected up to 500-1000 of them, i even took my camera because i was ready to go right into their faces so i could expose them on tape. thats the difference between us and them, when we hear that so many of them are showing up were all down and ready to go, heck their large numbers even motivate us. but for them, when they see us in large numbers it has the opposite effect, they run to their little holes and start making threats and insults on their little forums.

'Abd-al Latif
09-12-2009, 08:24 AM
Eight arrested in mosque protest

The anti-Islamic group had to call off the planned protest

Eight people have been arrested during a demonstration outside a mosque in north-west London where an anti-Islamic protest was planned.

About 1,000 people gathered outside Harrow Central Mosque as activists from Stop Islamification of Europe planned to demonstrate outside the mosque.

Unite Against Fascism were also present to "defend the mosque", they said.

Bricks, bottles and firecrackers were thrown at police officers who are present in riot gear at the scene.

Just after 2000 BST, police said there were a small number of people in the area. Mobile patrols are continuing in a bid to reassure residents.
Earlier, hundreds of youths, some covering their faces with scarves, were in the area and there were skirmishes with police as some demonstrators broke a police cordon.

'Saddened and dismayed'

Stop Islamification of Europe (SIOE) said they planned a "peaceful protest" against the building of a five-storey mosque next to the Harrow Central Mosque.

But in a message on their website SIOE said the protest had been called off and organiser Stephen Gash had been arrested.

The posting read: "If you are on your way to the demo, don't go, it's being called off right now.

"The police can't handle the Muslim counter-demonstrators. The senior sergeant said that he doesn't want any of his policemen killed."

Bricks and bottles were thrown at police

Seven people were arrested for possession of offensive weapons including a hammer, a chisel and bottles of bleach.

Police believe these arrests were not linked to the SIOE protest.
Another person was arrested to prevent a breach of the peace, police said.

Police also stopped a number of people, who they believed were heading for the anti-Islamist protest, from getting to the protest area.
"If the SIOE demonstration started it would have resulted in serious disorder," a statement from police said.

Councillor David Ashton, leader of Harrow Council, said: "We are saddened and dismayed that groups from outside the borough have come here and caused unrest.

"Harrow has an excellent record in community relations and we condemn those who came to our borough from elsewhere to either foist extreme political opinions on us or use religion as a cover for causing trouble."

www.bbc.co.uk

'Abd-al Latif
09-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Media Tags are no longer supported

Tony
09-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Attacking the police was a stupid move that will harm Islam more than do it good. The youths who threw bottles etc will be the ones remembered for this and not the muslims who went to defend Islam. It was turned into a race farce as usual. Its a shame

'Abd-al Latif
09-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Thread will be closed as it is Ramadan. If the thread starter wants it re-opened you may PM me but this action will only be carried out after ramadan insha'Allah.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.