/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fortune Telllers

AnonymousPoster
09-10-2009, 02:14 PM
What is the punishment of going to see a fortune teller?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
09-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Fortune-tellers cooperate with the jinn; they are liars who cooperate with the shayaateen (devils), who do not help them except after they have changed their religion, and whoever changes his religion [leaves Islam] is to be executed. The ruling concerning those who go to them and believe them is that they are guilty of kufr; if they do not believe them, their prayers will still not be accepted from them for forty days.

The evidence (daleel) for the former is the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah, according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and believes what he says, has disbelieved in what was revealed to Muhammad.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 135; Abu Dawood, 3904; Ibn Maajah, 639; Ahmad, 9252. The hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Haakim (1/49), and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said, it has two corroborating reports narrated by al-Bazzaar with good isnaads. See al-Fath, 10/217)

The evidence (daleel) for the latter is the report from one of the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever goes to a fortune-teller and asks him about anything, his prayers will not be accepted for forty days.” (Narrated by Muslim, 2230).

Source

Sampharo
09-10-2009, 08:42 PM
And do not fall into the trap of some people saying let's do it "for fun", some part of you will still anticipate what will be said.

cat eyes
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
my dads girlfriend is always going to those fortune tellers and asking them about me and whats going to happen with me and she also asked them about my dad an my all family.

she is giving them our all names and surnames and my mums date of birth! when i found out i went mad! my dad had only found out also and he also went crazy about it because when my mum was alive she use to curse those fortune tellers! my dad has stoped caring all together about it!

my family do not know the seriousness of it because they are catholic! she goes to these fortune tellers all the time and has made them her friends also. they even contact the jinn but they tell people that they are able to contact the dead when infact its the jinn whom they are contacting.

my family hates my dads girlfriend and i am most worried for my sister because she has become violent towards my dad and they are having a bad relation with eachother from the past couple of months now. when i go there i have to hold her back from my dad when they fight because she has no problem to assault my dad and she is hell strong. i recently left some quranic surahs in her bedroom and the 4quls. and told her to read them when ever she can. she is not muslim and just 17years old. but i am terrified it will get worser and she will end up in prison!

fortune tellers are dangerous i am telling you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
blazingflames17
09-10-2009, 09:23 PM
If it makes you feel any better, if you every studied Quantum Mechanics, it is impossible to determine the position of and momentum of an electron. These fortune tellers most of the time are just out for money. They use symbolism to get their messages across.

However, you should still stay away from them. From what I've seen, these people are sometimes quite mischievous and devious and will put you in that trance like state to put something in your unconscious mind... not good, you should stay away.

nebula
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
going to fortune tellers is shirk an act of kufr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.