/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to stick this query so here goes

جوري
09-10-2009, 09:45 PM
:sl:

I'd like to know what is the ruling on wearing belts, shoes, or using enzymatic cleaner for contact lens solution derived from pigs...

and I'd actually like to extend my question further to cover, using porcine heart valve transplants in people..

can someone knowledgeable please advise?

Jazakoum Allah khyran in advance

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
09-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Interesting question.. Hope this helps :)

Name Nadia - Egypt
Profession
Question Is it halal to transplant an organ from a pig to a human?
Answer You are not eating anything of the pig, which is haram. Any medical utilization of pigs or pigs parts is halal.

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=wK6omh

Name Wan -
Profession
Question is pig leather permissible for use?

Answer What is haram in a pig is anything of dietary concerns. Its leather, if tanned, becomes usable and halal. The Prophet (PBUH) says, "Any skin of an animal after being tanned is pure."

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=L0p0VH
^ For this, I'm sure I also read that everything from a pig is najis. Must find fatwas from Islamqa...

جوري
09-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Jazaki Allah khyran..

I was in need of a new pair of pumps and I am really picky, once I found one I liked, and passed all the other qualifications of style, make, color, height of heel etc, I found out it was made from pig skin and it upset me so I re-considered..

Muhaba
09-11-2009, 04:53 AM
I didn't know they used pig skin in shoes!

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer Skye
I'd like to know what is the ruling on wearing belts, shoes, or using enzymatic cleaner for contact lens solution derived from pigs...
I don't think it is allowed, judging from the following hadith:

May Allah curse the Jews, for when Allah made the swine unlawful for them, they took its fat, melted it and sold it so that the hair might be plaited with it, and ate the price of it. (Al-Bukhari)

and I'd actually like to extend my question further to cover, using porcine heart valve transplants in people..
I guess that would depend whether it can be made from some other material or not & how much the person needs it. Is the only type available from pig or are there any from other animals that one can use? If it can't be made from other animal or is only available currently from pig, then judging from the part of the verse ...but whosoever is driven by necessity, neither craving for it, nor transgressing (the commands of Allah), for him Allah is Forgiving and Merciful (6:145) I would say it's ok to use it if the patient will die if he/she doesn't get the transplant, but i'm not knowledgeable in this regard, so best to consult a scholar.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
09-11-2009, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muhaba
I didn't know they used pig skin in shoes!

I don't think it is allowed, judging from the following hadith:

May Allah curse the Jews, for when Allah made the swine unlawful for them, they took its fat, melted it and sold it so that the hair might be plaited with it, and ate the price of it. (Al-Bukhari)

I guess that would depend whether it can be made from some other material or not & how much the person needs it. Is the only type available from pig or are there any from other animals that one can use? If it can't be made from other animal or is only available currently from pig, then judging from the part of the verse ...but whosoever is driven by necessity, neither craving for it, nor transgressing (the commands of Allah), for him Allah is Forgiving and Merciful (6:145) I would say it's ok to use it if the patient will die if he/she doesn't get the transplant, but i'm not knowledgeable in this regard, so best to consult a scholar.
Prosthetic valves

exist but they cause injury to the red blood cells, so pig valves are best, and still they have to be changed every ten years..

Snowflake
09-17-2009, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Jazaki Allah khyran..

I was in need of a new pair of pumps and I am really picky, once I found one I liked, and passed all the other qualifications of style, make, color, height of heel etc, I found out it was made from pig skin and it upset me so I re-considered..

Wa iyyaki ukhti :)

Muslim Woman
09-17-2009, 05:35 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
:sl:

can someone knowledgeable please advise?
Sis , U may submit your question here and InshaAllah they will send u answer in 3/4 days.

http://darulfatwa.org.au/component/o...or+your+e-mail

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.