/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Which sect would I belong?

blazingflames17
09-10-2009, 09:50 PM
If I were to undergo conversion process, to which sect would I belong?

Would I be shia sunni sufi or just regular Muslim which would it be?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sampharo
09-11-2009, 10:03 AM
A regular muslim is a muslim who follows the prophet of Islam, Mohammad -pbuh-. It is to stay with the mainstream of muslims, called by outsiders Sunni. other sects have developed their own creed and faith based on uninspired suppositions and deductions, and have been warned against belonging to any of them by the prophet -pbuh-.

Please note it is not allowed to discuss sects here.

Woodrow
09-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Sects are not a part of Islam. We are either Muslim or not Muslim. There is no adjective in front of Islam. It makes no difference what a person calls themself, if they follow the 5 pillars,they are Muslim.The question would be are they practicing Muslims? A person can only answer that themselves. Learn what the pillars are, do your best to follow them and don't be concerned about putting a label in front of Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.