/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Night in ibada

Rasema
09-10-2009, 10:39 PM
:sl:
May Allah,subhana wa'ta'ala, accept our fasting, prayer, qiyam...

I would like to know to how many of you are planing to spend the night in prayer. You don't have to spend the whole night in prayer just extend it. These last 10 days should be put in a good use.
:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rasema
09-12-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm planing to do it tomorrow(Saturday night), InshAllah. Any support?

You can do it as witr, right?Except that you extend it.

Rasema
09-12-2009, 08:53 PM

bump!!!

Rasema
09-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Seriously, im confused.

How do you pray a night prayer?

Witr means a night prayer.

The Prophet ,sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, said that there is no two witr in one night. I won't make it two witr if it's long,right?

If I ever miss wirt how do I make it up?
During the day, maybe.

Also, I babysit my two year old niece. She disturbs my sala. I was on fards and she came in front of me that I couldn't prostrate. I moved on the right and prostrated. If you move of the rug,in this occasion, does it invalidate my prayer?

Thank you

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Humbler_359
09-12-2009, 10:23 PM
:sl: Rasema,

Night prayer is it is important to do pray at late night (ie 2am to 5am), we can do Nafil or Sunnah and then reading Qur'an. For how long, it is really up to you in praying.

Here's information: The Sunnah of Praying at Night

Allah (SWT) will be gladly you with a night prayer. :statisfie

Rasema
09-12-2009, 10:33 PM
The site is very benefitial, may Allah,SubHana wa ta'ala, reward you.

These hadeeths have explained it. Though what does Sewak mean?

And what is the difference between the terms Ahadeeth and hadeeth? Or it's it just variations in spelling.

2- It is Sunna when praying at night to use Sewak and reciting the last verses of Ali-Imran from: {( 'Inna Fī Khalqi As-Samāwāti Wa Al-'Arđi Wa Akhtilāfi Al-Layli Wa An-Nahāri La'āyātin Li'wlī Al-'Albābi) i.e. (Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding)} (Ali-Imran: 190) until finishing this Sura.

Wa alaikum salam

Humbler_359
09-12-2009, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
The site is very benefitial, may Allah,SubHana wa ta'ala, reward you.

And what is the difference between the terms Ahadeeth and hadeeth? Or it's it just variations in spelling.

2- It is Sunna when praying at night to use Sewak and reciting the last verses of Ali-Imran from: {( 'Inna Fī Khalqi As-Samāwāti Wa Al-'Arđi Wa Akhtilāfi Al-Layli Wa An-Nahāri La'āyātin Li'wlī Al-'Albābi) i.e. (Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding)} (Ali-Imran: 190) until finishing this Sura.

Wa alaikum salam

:wa: Rasema,

Thank you for your question, Sewak means all prayers from morning to night. Here's more information- Using Sewak

Hadeeth vs Ahadeeth are same thing, just spelling in pronounce.

I am still waiting for Ramadan fasting soon,lol Insha'Allah!

DigitalStorm82
09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
One of the best du’aa’s that may be recited on Laylat al-Qadr is that which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). Al-Tirmidhi narrated, and classed the report as saheeh, that ‘Aa’ishah said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, if I know which night is Laylat al-Qadr, what should I say on that night?’ He said, ‘Say: Allaahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibb al-‘afwa fa’affu ‘anni (O Allaah, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me).”

Rasema
09-12-2009, 10:46 PM
Thanks,

About the following issue...

Also, I babysit my two year old niece. She disturbs my sala. I was on fards and she came in front of me that I couldn't prostrate. I moved on the right and prostrated. If you move of the rug,in this occasion, does it invalidate my prayer?

:wa:

Humbler_359
09-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Thanks,

About the following issue...

Hmm, i agreed, it could be distracting and couldn't focus on prayer when a small kid walking around and disturb everything, Lol. It is better to find best times to pray when your niece is not around with you or try to find many toys to keep her busy. That's all I think.

Humbler_359
09-12-2009, 10:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
One of the best du’aa’s that may be recited on Laylat al-Qadr is that which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) taught to ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her). Al-Tirmidhi narrated, and classed the report as saheeh, that ‘Aa’ishah said: “I said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, if I know which night is Laylat al-Qadr, what should I say on that night?’ He said, ‘Say: Allaahumma innaka ‘afuwwun tuhibb al-‘afwa fa’affu ‘anni (O Allaah, You are forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me).”
:sl: Brother,

it is perfect quote. Yes, we can say many times at night prayer to seek Allah's forgiveness and guidance straight path, Alhumdulilah!

DigitalStorm82
09-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Regarding Salaah
http://muttaqun.com/aboutsalah.html

Rasema
09-12-2009, 11:11 PM
Asslamu Alikum

Thanks but I don't have time to read it right now. Is my prayer still valid. I moved of my rug while on fards.

I missed witr last night :(
I did wake up for fajer but i didn't eat in the morning, is my fasting still valid?
How do I make up witr?

Cabdullahi
09-12-2009, 11:19 PM
al7amdella ive been going for qyamul layl
the last ten days are like a final sprint in the maradhan i have to run like a kenyan

Humbler_359
09-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Asslamu Alikum

Thanks but I don't have time to read it right now. Is my prayer still valid. I moved of my rug while on fards. No, it is not valid.

I missed witr last night :( How do I make up witr?Well, you can do another witr today or tmw, there is no backup or repeat of yesterday you missed.

I did wake up for fajer but i didn't eat in the morning, is my fasting still valid?
Yes, it is still always valid because you don't have to eat in the morning, it doesn't matter. Most of times, I don't really eat in the morning even though fajr prayer only.

Additionally, there is special Night Power in prayer (on 27th) before Ramadan ending, some people (in mosque or home) will have do from 2am to the morning, yes! It is due to people' asking forgiveness thousand times spending alone to Allah (Subhana wa Taa'la) at night.

Cabdullahi
09-13-2009, 12:35 AM
its not on the 27th the actual date is hidden

Rasema
09-13-2009, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
its not on the 27th the actual date is hidden
Yeah, It's on the last 10 days most likely on the odds.

Also, when brother Humbler says to start with 2 slight rakats, don't you pray them all like that and end it with the last tree rakats just like of witr?

And when I moved of my rug does that mean that I left my salah? how dangerous was that? (worried)

AabiruSabeel
09-13-2009, 01:28 AM

Members are requested not to give out their own rulings and personal opinions on any Religious issue. Please refer to the works of Scholars or link to an authentic Fatwa site.
Sewak is a wooden stick used for cleaning the teeth. It is also called as Miswak. For details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miswak
Ahadeeth is the plural of the word Hadith.

Witr does not mean Night Prayer. Witr is the last 3 rakat that you pray at the end. Night Prayer/Tahajjud is prayed in units of 2 rakats each.
See here for details:
Witr Prayer, its Time and Ruling
When Do I Pray Witr?

:w:

Rasema
09-13-2009, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel

Members are requested not to give out their own rulings and personal opinions on any Religious issue. Please refer to the works of Scholars or link to an authentic Fatwa site.
Sewak is a wooden stick used for cleaning the teeth. It is also called as Miswak. For details: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiswakAhadeeth is the plural of the word Hadith.

Witr does not mean Night Prayer. Witr is the last 3 rakat that you pray at the end. Night Prayer/Tahajjud is prayed in units of 2 rakats each.
See here for details:
Witr Prayer, its Time and Ruling
When Do I Pray Witr?

:w:

Explained! thanks.
WA ALAIKUM SALAM

Rasema
09-18-2009, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
:wasalamex

Thank you for this link. I have questions from it.

So, I should have pushed my niece ,or something ,and not move of my rug to prostrate? From a bit research I've done, I know that one should not move while you're prostrating,on ruku etc...
I guess I can move only when I'm not doing that.

I also read that we should stop others from walking in front of us while in Salah. Is it obligatory to do so?

Don't make salah if the food is already served. Eat first.

'Aishah reported that she heard the Messenger of Allah say: "No one should pray when the food is served nor when one needs to answer the call of nature." [related by Ahmad, Muslim, and Abu Dawud]

But Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, says to pray on time. I'm not denying the hadeeth but wghat If its maghrib time?

Nawafil salah are prayers said in addition to Fard (Obligatory) salah, including the Sunnah prayers of Fajr, Zuhr, 'Asr, Maghrib and 'Isha. The Prophet saaws performed these prayers often, but not always. They are unlike the Fard salah, and are not required to be done all the time; to exceed the Prophet (saaws) in his frequency, becomes a sin of being extreme in the religion.

Is this hadeeth speaking about Sunnets or nafils?

Thank you

Rasema
09-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Somebody awake?

AabiruSabeel
09-19-2009, 03:41 AM
:wasalamex

Thank you for this link. I have questions from it.

So, I should have pushed my niece ,or something ,and not move of my rug to prostrate? From a bit research I've done, I know that one should not move while you're prostrating,on ruku etc...
I guess I can move only when I'm not doing that.
http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...79395778de166f
In principle, any act in Salaat that constitutes Amal-e-Kathir (major practice) will invalidate the Salaat. The Fuqahaa have defined Amal-e-Kathir as conducting oneself in such a way that an onlooker would think the person is not in Salaat. That is generally the case when both hands are used to do something in Salaat.
I also read that we should stop others from walking in front of us while in Salah. Is it obligatory to do so?
http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...fd9919a6ec79ae
It is Makrooh for a person to walk in front of a person performing Salaat. However, that does not invalidate the Salaat. The person performing Salaat should place a Sutra (barrier) in front of him to avoid a person crossing within the Sutra.
Don't make salah if the food is already served. Eat first.

'Aishah reported that she heard the Messenger of Allah say: "No one should pray when the food is served nor when one needs to answer the call of nature." [related by Ahmad, Muslim, and Abu Dawud]

But Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, says to pray on time. I'm not denying the hadeeth but wghat If its maghrib time?
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/books...h%20is%20given
Call of nature when the iqaamah is given
If the prayer is about to start (the iqaamah is given) and a person feels the call of nature, he should go to the bathroom and attend to his need, even if this means he will miss the congregational prayer. The evidence for this was narrated by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Arqam: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If any one of you needs to answer the call of nature and the prayer is about to begin, let him tend to his need first.’” (Reported by Abu Dawood, no. 88; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 373)
Couldn't find any ruling regarding food and Salah. I personally give preference to prayer when the time is short.

Sunnah and Nafl prayers

Ps: We do not have any scholars on board. It's better to ask these questions to your local scholar, or a reliable online Fatwa site. Please read this post: http://www.islamicboard.com/1202825-post3.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.