/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is "love"

Rasema
09-11-2009, 01:10 AM
:sl:

Note: Muslim to Muslim responces only.

I don't believe in love people of today preach about. I just believe that love is a feeling that comes from the brain.

What is love from an Islamic prespeactive?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
09-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Love is neither disapproved by Religion, nor prohibited by the Law; for every heart is in God's hands. - Ibn Hazm Al-Andalusi

- IqRa -
09-11-2009, 09:10 AM
Love is when you can sacrifice everything just to make the other person happy.

ژاله
09-11-2009, 09:25 AM
if love is for Allah and his Prophet, than thats a sign of strength of iman.
if its for your parents, family, children then its a great blessing, a sign of Allah's that he has put mercy among us.
if its for some non mahram, then thats infatuation, a trick from shaitan to lead you astray. the sooner you get over this the better.
so love in general like everything else is neither good nor bad, it depends on whom do you love.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
09-11-2009, 09:39 AM
i dont know what islam says about it but what i feel is

love is true respect , admiration and affection from heart

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
09-11-2009, 10:27 AM

Love may be divided into mahabbah khaassah (specific love) and mahabbah mushtarakah (general love).

Mahabbah khaassah (specific love): may be divided into types that are halaal and types that are haraam.

Halaal love includes:

(1) Love of Allaah, which is the most important obligation, as it is the basis of Islam. “. . . But those who believe, love Allaah more (than anything else) . . .” [al-Baqarah 2:165]

(2) Love of Allaah’s Messenger, which is also one of the most important duties of Islaam. “The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said: ‘None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his child, his father and all the people.” (Reported by Muslim, no. 44).

(3) Love of the Prophets and the believers. “Whoever loves for the sake of Allaah (i.e., loves the people of faith for the sake of Allaah).”

Haraam love:

This includes love which constitutes shirk, which is when a person loves something instead of Allaah or as much as Him. “Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight . . . are dearer to you than Allaah and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His cause, then wait until Allaah brings about His Decision (torment).” [al-Tawbah 9:24]
Mahabbah mushtarakah (general love):

General love is of three types:

(1) Natural love, such as the love of a hungry person for food, or a thirsty person for water. This does not involve any kind of glorification, so it is permissible.

(2) Love based on mercy and pity, such as the love of a father for his small child. This also involves no kind of glorification, so there is nothing wrong with it.

(3) Love based on acquaintance and friendship, such as that between those who share a common profession, or scholars in the same field, or people one meets on a daily basis (such as fellow-commuters), or people one does business with, or travelling-companions. This type of appropriate love between people, or brotherly love, does not imply shirk or associating anyone else in one’s love for Allaah.

May Allah (swt) bless us to see that which is right & act upon it & May He (swt) bless our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (sas), Aameen!!

:wa:

Soulja Girl
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM

^Ameen... Great post sis! :)

Also... When you love someone enough that you'd die for em...

Rasema
09-11-2009, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Love is when you can sacrifice everything just to make the other person happy.

This is what I have against "love" it blinds you. Once it blinds you, you do forbidden things to satisfy that person which is Shirk.

Rasema
09-11-2009, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^Ameen... Great post sis! :)

Also... When you love someone enough that you'd die for em...

Lol, I find this corny.

Rasema
09-11-2009, 07:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah

Love may be divided into mahabbah khaassah (specific love) and mahabbah mushtarakah (general love).

Mahabbah khaassah (specific love): may be divided into types that are halaal and types that are haraam.

Halaal love includes:

(1) Love of Allaah, which is the most important obligation, as it is the basis of Islam. “. . . But those who believe, love Allaah more (than anything else) . . .” [al-Baqarah 2:165]

(2) Love of Allaah’s Messenger, which is also one of the most important duties of Islaam. “The Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) said: ‘None of you truly believes until I am more beloved to him than his child, his father and all the people.” (Reported by Muslim, no. 44).

(3) Love of the Prophets and the believers. “Whoever loves for the sake of Allaah (i.e., loves the people of faith for the sake of Allaah).”

Haraam love:

This includes love which constitutes shirk, which is when a person loves something instead of Allaah or as much as Him. “Say: If your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your wives, your kindred, the wealth that you have gained, the commerce in which you fear a decline, and the dwellings in which you delight . . . are dearer to you than Allaah and His Messenger, and striving hard and fighting in His cause, then wait until Allaah brings about His Decision (torment).” [al-Tawbah 9:24]
Mahabbah mushtarakah (general love):

General love is of three types:

(1) Natural love, such as the love of a hungry person for food, or a thirsty person for water. This does not involve any kind of glorification, so it is permissible.

(2) Love based on mercy and pity, such as the love of a father for his small child. This also involves no kind of glorification, so there is nothing wrong with it.

(3) Love based on acquaintance and friendship, such as that between those who share a common profession, or scholars in the same field, or people one meets on a daily basis (such as fellow-commuters), or people one does business with, or travelling-companions. This type of appropriate love between people, or brotherly love, does not imply shirk or associating anyone else in one’s love for Allaah.

May Allah (swt) bless us to see that which is right & act upon it & May He (swt) bless our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (sas), Aameen!!

I like this one. Sukran sis

cat eyes
09-11-2009, 07:41 PM
i think love is when you feel deep pity and emotion for the person you care about there needs and there wants.. you try to fufil them and basically you would do anything for them. you feel intoxicated by them and then you become syco haha

The Ruler
09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema

This is what I have against "love" it blinds you. Once it blinds you, you do forbidden things to satisfy that person which is Shirk.
Shirk?

Lol, I find this corny.
So is your question.

There's no set criteria for one to label an emotion as love. How do you differentiate between 'love' and 'like'? One a more extreme form of the other? If favouring a man over another means you like him, perhaps 'love' is that multiplied?

Rasema
09-11-2009, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Ruler
Shirk?

So is your question.

There's no set criteria for one to label an emotion as love. How do you differentiate between 'love' and 'like'? One a more extreme form of the other? If favouring a man over another means you like him, perhaps 'love' is that multiplied?

Fist of brother, we greet eachother with: :sl:
Secondly, There is a difference between a question and belief.
Are you asking me what is Shirk? I suggest you read fatwas about it.

So, you're saying that emotion is not love or that love is not a feeling. Than love doesn't exist?
This is confusing....

Rasema
09-11-2009, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
i think love is when you feel deep pity and emotion for the person you care about there needs and there wants.. you try to fufil them and basically you would do anything for them. you feel intoxicated by them and then you become syco haha
I would never want to have this feeling in my life:hiding:

Don't get offended. It just isn't great.

alcurad
09-11-2009, 08:41 PM
love is when you ignore other alternatives-emotionally, sexually and the rest-and focus on one only. no truly objective way to define it though.

you need to be careful as it could make you unaware of much, but this is no reason to dismiss it entirely. throwing the baby with the bath water etc.

The ruler is a sister btw :)

The Ruler
09-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Fist of brother, we greet eachother with: :sl:
How come you didn't greet Crazy_Lady like that?

Secondly, There is a difference between a question and belief.
Are you asking me what is Shirk? I suggest you read fatwas about it.
I know very well what shirk is. But I was wondering how doing "forbidden things to satisfy that person" is shirk? Haram, perhaps, but surely not shirk? At least, not in how I believe 'shirk' to be. Shirk is haraam, but what is haraam, is not shirk. EDIT: I think I somewhat found the answer to that question.

So, you're saying that emotion is not love or that love is not a feeling. Than love doesn't exist?
I'm not saying either of those - though I'm not entirely sure what the first half of that question is asking. What I meant to say is that love is not a set of bullet point criterias. You can't stare at a couple, tick off the points, and declare them to be in love. For some, love is what they share in a look; for others, it's the caress of a man or even his words. For some, love takes the form of a human being; for others, perhaps a cat? For some, love is about sex, for others, it's a mere source of comfort, peace and solace.

Humbler_359
09-11-2009, 09:11 PM
:sl: Rasema,

I believe that there are thousands definition meaning of 'love'. I find that the best love is when someone who love Allah (Subhana Wa Taa'la) daily and will likely to show true love someone you want to marry instead pretend. Lol.

If other person who don't know much about Islam, their meaning of love is different and temporary.

cat eyes
09-11-2009, 09:19 PM
funny that:><: she didn't greet me a salaam either in reply to my post:ermm: :popcorn: :wasalamex

Rabi'ya
09-11-2009, 09:23 PM

What is love...? Wow, you could write and essay on thi topic.

Alhamdulillah Allah has blessed us with big hearts, and we all feel some kind of love/affection/emotion every day.

There are many different kinds of love.I mean for example, the love I feel for my daughter, my hsband and my mum are 3 completely different kinds of love. I would go as far as to say we cannot necessarily catagorise them, having said that, we can attribute certain factors to each kind of love.

Daughter - I cry when she learns something new. I feel immense emotion when she hugs me or says "mummy, i love you!".

Mum - I respect my mum. I value her guidance(to a point as she;s non muslim) he carring attitude towards me. Her support.

Husband - hmmmm, when I wake up and know that he is there for me. when he spends time with his child. he makes dinner for me. He protects me, he cares for me. I respect him. the deep friendship and trust we hold together.

One thing I realised while writing this is that I feel I cannot live without any of them. Whilst I know when Allah brings their time close I will have to deal with any loss, I still feel at this moment it will be unbearable. I don;t think this is a cause of love, but it is defniitely a consequence of loving someone deeply.

Whatever kind of love you are interested in, I feel this is the binding factor.

Based on this anyone could be subject to our love but it is with Allah;s guidance and through His will that people are chosen for us to love. I mean there are people who don't love their parents and parents who dont love their kids. and "usually" the feeling is mutual

Rasema
09-11-2009, 09:33 PM

No, no,

Sometimes the corner of the smiles doesn't show and I forget. It's not that I don't respect you or anything.

The Ruler
09-11-2009, 09:37 PM

No, no,

Sometimes the corner of the smiles doesnt show and I forget. It's not that I don't respect you or anything.
Ah, I see.

I'm interested in your opinion regarding this:

I was wondering how doing "forbidden things to satisfy that person" is shirk? Haram, perhaps, but surely not shirk? At least, not in how I believe 'shirk' to be. Shirk is haraam, but what is haraam, is not shirk.
Even though I thought I found the answer, it wasn't as satisfying.

Rasema
09-11-2009, 09:40 PM
How come you didn't greet Crazy_Lady like that?

How come you didn't greet me like that in the beginning????

I know very well what shirk is. But I was wondering how doing "forbidden things to satisfy that person" is shirk? Haram, perhaps, but surely not shirk? At least, not in how I believe 'shirk' to be. Shirk is haraam, but what is haraam, is not shirk. EDIT: I think I somewhat found the answer to that question.

Knowing that what one is doing is forbidden(haram) so they satisfy their loved one is Shrik. There are different types of shirks,as you know. If you love someone over Allah is Shirk. You disobeyed Allah to satisfy that loved person. Which is choosing that person over Allah.

I'm not saying either of those - though I'm not entirely sure what the first half of that question is asking. What I meant to say is that love is not a set of bullet point criterias. You can't stare at a couple, tick off the points, and declare them to be in love. For some, love is what they share in a look; for others, it's the caress of a man or even his words. For some, love takes the form of a human being; for others, perhaps a cat? For some, love is about sex, for others, it's a mere source of comfort, peace and solace.
If you don't know what I'm asking do not respond or politely ask me what do you mean?

The Ruler
09-11-2009, 09:47 PM
How come you didn't greet me like that in the beginning????
I don't normally.

Knowing that what one is doing is forbidden(haram) so they satisfy their loved one is Shrik. There are different types of shirks,as you know. If you love someone over Allah is Shirk. You disobeyed Allah to satisfy that loved person. Which is choosing that person over Allah.
I see, I see.

If you don't know what I'm asking do not respond or politely ask me what do you mean?
And what I said what impolite?

Rasema
09-11-2009, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

What is love...? Wow, you could write and essay on thi topic.

Alhamdulillah Allah has blessed us with big hearts, and we all feel some kind of love/affection/emotion every day.

There are many different kinds of love.I mean for example, the love I feel for my daughter, my hsband and my mum are 3 completely different kinds of love. I would go as far as to say we cannot necessarily catagorise them, having said that, we can attribute certain factors to each kind of love.

Daughter - I cry when she learns something new. I feel immense emotion when she hugs me or says "mummy, i love you!".

Mum - I respect my mum. I value her guidance(to a point as she;s non muslim) he carring attitude towards me. Her support.

Husband - hmmmm, when I wake up and know that he is there for me. when he spends time with his child. he makes dinner for me. He protects me, he cares for me. I respect him. the deep friendship and trust we hold together.

One thing I realised while writing this is that I feel I cannot live without any of them. Whilst I know when Allah brings their time close I will have to deal with any loss, I still feel at this moment it will be unbearable. I don;t think this is a cause of love, but it is defniitely a consequence of loving someone deeply.

Whatever kind of love you are interested in, I feel this is the binding factor.

Based on this anyone could be subject to our love but it is with Allah;s guidance and through His will that people are chosen for us to love. I mean there are people who don't love their parents and parents who dont love their kids. and "usually" the feeling is mutual

Intense Rabi'ya. You could live without them.Once you have Allah you could. At some point you'll loose them. You might be even enemies on the judgement day. But I like my self alone in the rememberance of Allah without anyone else:statisfie

TrueStranger
09-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Did not the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) love Allah, is wives, and his fellow Muslims?

Rasema
09-11-2009, 10:01 PM
I don't normally.

I see, I see.

And what I said what impolite?
Alright my sister. May Allah,subHana wat'ala inbreath us with patience and endurance in this life.Ameen

egyptballer
09-11-2009, 10:01 PM
salam,

I believe I heard in a khutbah that there are three stages of love.

1.) Raqba - inclination of love
2.) Talub - possessive love
3.) Muhaba - ultimate love, we always need that thing we love

Source:
http://islamicreminders.com/?page_id=94

Rasema
09-11-2009, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Did not the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) love Allah, is wives, and his fellow Muslims?
Who said that He,sallallahu alaihi wasalam, didn't???

Sorry I sound rude. I love my Muslims as well, and, of course, I love my Allah.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

IslamicRevival
09-11-2009, 10:26 PM
Love Has No Description :)

Soulja Girl
09-11-2009, 11:42 PM

Intense Rabi'ya. You could live without them.Once you have Allah you could. At some point you'll loose them. You might be even enemies on the judgement day. But I like my self alone in the rememberance of Allah without anyone else:statisfie
^Actually, I fink that's where you're wrong... :><: Yes, we do need Allah but we also need love from our fellow humans and no, we can't live wivout them! At all! And hey, if they're good, they won't necessarily be your enemies on the day of Qiyaamah... Nuff said.

Oh yea, and back to teh main question, love is like heaven but hurts like hell! :exhausted

Rasema
09-12-2009, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^Actually, I fink that's where you're wrong... :><: Yes, we do need Allah but we also need love from our fellow humans and no, we can't live wivout them! At all! And hey, if they're good, they won't necessarily be your enemies on the day of Qiyaamah... Nuff said.

Oh yea, and back to teh main question, love is like heaven but hurts like hell! :exhausted

I don't mean that you will be the only human on the planet. I mean that you can live as an individual, without family,husband,wife, etc..... I hope.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Love is something that those who have been in it, know of it. You can't explain it or rationalize it to those that have never experienced it.

Rasema
09-12-2009, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Maalik

Love is something that those who have been in it, know of it. You can't explain it or rationalize it to those that have never experienced it.

I don't know why are people trying to make it seem so special. The Qur'an says that as you get older your life gets harder,unless I misunderstood it.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-12-2009, 03:37 AM

I don't know why are people trying to make it seem so special. The Qur'an says that as you get older your life gets harder,unless I misunderstood it.
:w:

I can't really explain it to you. Love is love, I can't rationalize it for you and tell you it's this or it's that. It is what it is and the only to know it is to have experienced it. As Ibn Hazm (rahimullah) said: Love is something within the soul itself.

What does life getting harder as we get older have to do with this though? And where does it say that?

Snowflake
09-12-2009, 03:53 AM
:sl: - I think sister Rasema, means this ayah here..

"....And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then (give you growth) that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known." (22:5)

Najm
09-12-2009, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Love is neither disapproved by Religion, nor prohibited by the Law; for every heart is in God's hands. - Ibn Hazm Al-Andalusi
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

SubhaanAllah!!

There is no other universial word than love, as to each one of us it is something unique, and it is the deepest of emotions.

FiAmaaniAllah

Cabdullahi
09-12-2009, 04:58 AM
lets not question the existence of love its abit futile to do so
if my mum didnt love me then i would have been a neglected child but because she looked after me i stand above 6 ft in height and in strength im as strong as an ox
the love she showed me as a child and is still giving me i will retain , learn and absorb to give me an understanding of how to love someone else in the future

Rabi'ya
09-12-2009, 08:12 AM

What I mean to say is that you feel you cannot live without them. they provide such a support for u and care and respect you in return. Of course we can live without people but it still causes a pain in the heart and a longing and we still miss these people. We wouldn't be human if we didn't feel these emotions.

Rasema
09-12-2009, 04:02 PM
:w:

I can't really explain it to you. Love is love, I can't rationalize it for you and tell you it's this or it's that. It is what it is and the only to know it is to have experienced it. As Ibn Hazm (rahimullah) said: Love is something within the soul itself.

What does life getting harder as we get older have to do with this though? And where does it say that?

Here is the verse. But I read the Qur'an in a different language and mine says that you will hit on harder and harder stage(sorry I'm a terrible interpretear). I know that what I'm doing is wrong especially without Tafsir but there are hadeeths that support my claim clearly.

So I do call to witness the ruddy glow of Sunset; (16) The Night and its Homing; (17) And the Moon in her Fullness; (18) Ye shall surely travel from stage to stage. (19)

And by the night and all that it enshroudeth, (17) And by the moon when she is at the full, (18) That ye shall journey on from plane to plane.

Humbler_359
09-12-2009, 04:40 PM
^hmm.... I don't get it, :exhausted

Rasema
09-12-2009, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
^hmm.... I don't get it, :exhausted

Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh
This is what I meant.The brother was correct, it doesn't have nothing to do with the topic.

92. Az-Zubayr ibn 'Adi said, "We went to Anas ibn Malik and complained to him about what we had met with on the part of al-Hajjaj. He said, 'Be patient. There is no time without the one following it being worse than it until you meet your Lord.' I heard that from your Prophet.'" [al-Bukhari]

93. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Race to good actions as fast as you can. What are you waiting for except delayed poverty, oppressive wealth, debilitating illness, dottering senility, a swift death or the Dajjal? Or are you waiting for an unseen evil, or the Last Hour? The Last Hour will be most bitter and terrible." [at-Tirmidhi]

you will surely journey (tarkabunna is actually tarkabūnanna, but the nūn of the indicative has been omitted because of two identical letters following one another, and the wāw [is omitted] because of two unvocalised consonants coming together), from stage to stage, state after state, namely, death, then life, then what comes afterwards of the states at the Resurrection.

(Al-Inshiqaq verse19)

Don't get me wrong when I say my translation says this but the modern one this. Scholars are trying their best to bring out the verse's message by using different words that mean the same etc...

Allah knows best.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Sorry..It's my fault for not getting it..can you clarify once more please?

Rasema
09-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry..It's my fault for not getting it..can you clarify once more please?
No apologies necessary. I over think things and don't specify that what is in my head. My teacher was explaining a romance movie. While so, she looked at me and said that something happens when two people see eachother, it's the difference between humans and animals. I don't believe that "something happens" we are simply animals. :embarrass

Lets end it here: Love is in nature of the human beings,nothing less or more.

'Abd-al Latif
09-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Love is a very broad concept and it is not always easy to explain what love is as it can have a number of different meanings. It initially begins with physical attraction between two parties and this is the reason why Allah has ordered the beliving men and women to lower their gaze. The eyes are a gateway to the heart and one may fall in love with an image of a person.

Falling in love is not haram because it happens and you cannot control it as every heart is in the hands of Allah and the one who falls in love should not be blamed. It is a sign of their perfection, and of Allah's favors upon them. When people fall in love, they fall out of character and this is natural as long as it doesn’t lead to something that is haraam, there is no problem. Love in this sense will remain one of the marvelous secrets of Allah's creation.

The definition of love in dictionary.com is as follows:
–noun
1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2. a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3. sexual passion or desire.
4. a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.
5. (used in direct address as a term of endearment, affection, or the like): Would you like to see a movie, love?
6. a love affair; an intensely amorous incident; amour.
7. sexual intercourse; copulation.
8. (initial capital letter) a personification of sexual affection, as Eros or Cupid.
9. affectionate concern for the well-being of others: the love of one's neighbor.
10. strong predilection, enthusiasm, or liking for anything: her love of books.
11. the object or thing so liked: The theater was her great love.
12. the benevolent affection of God for His creatures, or the reverent affection due from them to God.
13. Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.
14. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter L.
–verb (used with object)
15. to have love or affection for: All her pupils love her.
16. to have a profoundly tender, passionate affection for (another person).
17. to have a strong liking for; take great pleasure in: to love music.
18. to need or require; benefit greatly from: Plants love sunlight.
19. to embrace and kiss (someone), as a lover.
20. to have sexual intercourse with.
–verb (used without object)
21. to have love or affection for another person; be in love.
—Verb phrase
22. love up, to hug and cuddle: She loves him up every chance she gets.
—Idioms
23. for love,
a. out of affection or liking; for pleasure.
b. without compensation; gratuitously: He took care of the poor for love.
24. for the love of, in consideration of; for the sake of: For the love of mercy, stop that noise.
25. in love, infused with or feeling deep affection or passion: a youth always in love.
26. in love with, feeling deep affection or passion for (a person, idea, occupation, etc.); enamored of: in love with the girl next door; in love with one's work.
27. make love,
a. to embrace and kiss as lovers.
b. to engage in sexual activity.
28. no love lost, dislike; animosity: There was no love lost between the two brothers.

There are also different levels of love. In Islam some forms of love are encouraged such as the love of Allah and the love of His Messenger :saws: as this is the highest form of love. Then there is natural love suchas between family members, a husband and a wife for example. Love in it self is not prohibited in religion because it is a natural feeling that every human has but what is prohibited is when one performs a haram act due to his love. Another form of love that is prohibited is religious love directed to other then Allah such as love for all false dieties.

The signs of love are many such as the following:

• The brooding gaze. The eye is the gateway of the soul, and so they can basically reveal your soul.
  • The lover will direct his conversation to his beloved.
  • The lover listens to his beloved's speech, and marvels at everything said- even if it is nonsense.
  • The lover hurries to the spot where his beloved awaits him.
  • The lover is overcome by a sudden confusion when beloved comes suddenly upon him.
  • The lover is abundantly and excessively cheerful at being close to his beloved. e.g in the beginning, they use the "love seat" so that they can be near each other.
  • They engage in playful tug-o-war. For example, in the beginning the husband offers to do the dishes, and the wife says, no, I'll take care of it. And they go back and forth, back and forth, until the dish falls and breaks. Then they both smile, and the husband offers to clean it up, and the wife says no, and they start all over again. However, later, the husband doesn't even bother to ask, he just expects his wife to do it, and if the dish breaks they start yelling at each other.
  • Leaning toward each other.
  • Touching. 'Aisha narrates that Rasulullah would grab the hand of his wives when talking to them.
  • Drinking from the same cup, and touching the lips on the exact spot where the beloved's lips touched. Rasulullah would grab a piece of meat that 'Aisha had eaten from and then eat from the same spot as she. He would also grab her cup, after she had finished drinking from it, and turn the cup around, and place his lips on the exact spots her lips touched.

'Abd-al Latif
09-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I don't need love !

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.php?section=article&id=42

So many people have tried to define love. Often it means different things to different people.

Everyone admits they need it.

It seems to be an emotion; a feeling on bonding between people. But does it occur in a snap?
There are certain ingredients which it contains; upon which it is built. Without them, love will not be found. People need to be respected, listened to , forgiven, taught and their needs must be met. If such aspects are missed love does not emerge.

How often people look at their spouse and think that at that moment, they really hate them. Then at a future time see another aspect of their personality and feel a deep loving feeling towards them. No one loves somebody all the time. Human beings are very complicated and can experience so many emotions at the same time. There are also many sides to our personalities.

Yet relationships are often based on this abstract emotion called 'love' and when it disappears the relationship often dissolves.

Perhaps if we wait a little and be patient we will see another side of the person which is more acceptable and to our liking.

We can learn to 'love' that part of the person and try to ignore the other parts.
People are not disposable.

Written by : Velma Cook

Somaiyah
09-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Salam,

The Koran, 30:21
And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect.

Rasema
09-26-2009, 11:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by J Aaliyah
Salam,

The Koran, 30:21
And among His Signs is this, that He created for you wives from among yourselves, that you may find repose in them, and He has put between you affection and mercy. Verily, in that are indeed signs for a people who reflect.

That better convince me.

But I still think that one can live without a partner and not commit zina.I don't think anyone disagred on this:heated:+

Ummu Sufyaan
09-27-2009, 07:35 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam
While so, she looked at me and said that something happens when two people see eachother, it's the difference between humans and animals. I don't believe that "something happens" we are simply animals. :embarrass
your teacher is dead right..haven't you seen 2 people when they like each other, the way they look at each other :p

Muhaba
09-27-2009, 08:07 AM
^I agree. something happens. our hearts are not made of stone. love is such a great feeling & when you love Allah and all of humanity, it is the most awesome feeling. It's like the heart is soaring in the sky. & if you fall in love with someone and he loves you back it is a truly awesome experience, one that can truly lift you, increase your confidence, even affect you at subconsious levels so you become different (in a good way) but don't even realize it, like you may become more confident etc.

if you've felt love you will understand it. everyone should try to feel it, even if it's only for nature, animals, all of humanity, etc. That's the caring type of love and it comes with loving Allah & all of His creation, caring for them, wanting them to be in comfort, etc.

there is also such a thing as chemistry. i never would've believed it if i hadn't felt it. like when you're near someone the sparks fly, it's truly amazing.

'Abd-al Latif
09-27-2009, 09:00 AM

That better convince me.

But I still think that one can live without a partner and not commit zina.I don't think anyone disagred on this:heated:+
If you're young then wait a few years and then we'll talk. Allah will test you and life won't be so black and white except if Allah grants you firmness in faith.

Rasema
09-27-2009, 06:25 PM
If you're young then wait a few years and then we'll talk. Allah will test you and life won't be so black and white except if Allah grants you firmness in faith.
Sisters, you don't get it. I don't want to have this feeling, ever!!!

Because I don't want to abandon my sister and mother. I have to support them,financialy.

I like this responce about firmness in faith. Everyone is the way they want to be and I want to be firm in my faith.

Thanks

Ummu Sufyaan
09-28-2009, 06:41 AM

Because I don't want to abandon my sister and mother. I have to support them,financialy.
mashaAllah! may allah reward you for your good intentions :statisfie do note though that you still can have feelings for someone and look after your family. and yes, even when you are female.

having feelings for someone certainly does not denote abandoning your family, and if the one that you have feelings for expects that/wants that from you then they arent even worth your energy.

and btw, even if you dont want to have feelings for someone, that's exactly what may happen despite your despise for it...because well, the Hearts aren't in our hands. :)

I like this responce about firmness in faith. Everyone is the way they want to be and I want to be firm in my faith.
may allah grant you steadfastness in your faith as well. but it is still possible to have feelings for someone, and still be pious :D

im not trying to force my views down your throat, but trying to make you see it in a different light :)

'Abd-al Latif
09-28-2009, 08:22 PM

Thanks
I'm not a sister.

Be patient until that comes because every human must be tested with this. Allah has created everything in pairs and there is wisdom behind this which you will only comprehend through experience. Knowledge alone does not suffice.

Rasema
09-28-2009, 08:58 PM
I'm not a sister.

Be patient until that comes because every human must be tested with this. Allah has created everything in pairs and there is wisdom behind this which you will only comprehend through experience. Knowledge alone does not suffice.
I'm not sure if I understood you but when a human has other hardships you forget about yourself and your needs.

I can't say that I've never looked at someone and liked the way that person is, but it is not something you prefear over everything else. This "love" is the last thing you focus on,in my case. As for others well we're all different. This thread needs to get deleated,please.

Thanks.

92. Az-Zubayr ibn 'Adi said, "We went to Anas ibn Malik and complained to him about what we had met with on the part of al-Hajjaj. He said, 'Be patient. There is no time without the one following it being worse than it until you meet your Lord.' I heard that from your Prophet.'" [al-Bukhari]

93. Abu Hurayra reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Race to good actions as fast as you can. What are you waiting for except delayed poverty, oppressive wealth, debilitating illness, dottering senility, a swift death or the Dajjal? Or are you waiting for an unseen evil, or the Last Hour? The Last Hour will be most bitter and terrible." [at-Tirmidhi]

you will surely journey (tarkabunna is actually tarkabūnanna, but the nūn of the indicative has been omitted because of two identical letters following one another, and the wāw [is omitted] because of two unvocalised consonants coming together), from stage to stage, state after state, namely, death, then life, then what comes afterwards of the states at the Resurrection.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.