/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Days of Jahaliya!!

THE END
09-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Peace to those who follow the guidance.

During my days of igonarnce i have commited a fair amount of sins which i am ashamed to admit, i am and will be repenting for the rest of my life.

one of these was missing fast without a valid reason during the blessed month of ramadan,

I have read some where the penalty for missing fast without a valid reason is to fast for 60 days,

1 miss fast = 60 fast

to be honest i am not sure how many i have missed, what does one do in that situation?,

if i had to take a guess i am believe i have missed at least 30, this equates to 1800 days of fasting- do i have to do this continueosly? , i was planning to fast two days a week for the next 18 years of my life to redeem myslef-

does any one know what options i have, i am very keen to make for my mistakes and inshiallah strive to walk the path of the righteaous.

any advice would be much appreacited.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
09-11-2009, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END

During my days of igonarnce i have commited a fair amount of sins which i am ashamed to admit, i am and will be repenting for the rest of my life.

one of these was missing fast without a valid reason during the blessed month of ramadan,

I have read some where the penalty for missing fast without a valid reason is to fast for 60 days,

1 miss fast = 60 fast

to be honest i am not sure how many i have missed, what does one do in that situation?,

if i had to take a guess i am believe i have missed at least 30, this equates to 1800 days of fasting- do i have to do this continueosly? , i was planning to fast two days a week for the next 18 years of my life to redeem myslef-

does any one know what options i have, i am very keen to make for my mistakes and inshiallah strive to walk the path of the righteaous.

You have misunderstood this matter.

If one misses a fast then he only makes up for that one fast. If it was for no reason then you must in addition repent for it.

If one has sexual relations with his or her spouse while he or she was fasting then as an expiation he has to fast 60 consecutive days.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (r) said: Whilst we were sitting with the Prophet (:saws:), a man came to him and said, "O Messenger of Allah, I am doomed!" He said, "What happened?" He said, "I had intercourse with my wife when I was fasting [in Ramadaan]." The Messenger of Allah (:saws:) said, "Are you able to free a slave?" He said, "No." He said, "Are you able to fast for two consecutive months?" He said, "No." He said, "Can you feed sixty poor persons?" He said, "No." Then the Prophet (:saws:) remained silent for a while, and whilst we were like that, a large vessel of dates was brought to the Prophet (:saws:), and he said, "Where is the one who was asking?" He said, "Here I am." He said, "Take these and give them in charity." The man said, "Is there anyone more poor than me, O Messenger of Allah? For there is no household between the two harrahs (lava fields – i.e., in Madeenah) that is poorer than my household." The Messenger of Allah (:saws:) smiled until his eyeteeth could be seen, then he said, "Feed it to your family."

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1834, 1835; Muslim, 1111)

Rasema
09-11-2009, 10:20 PM
:sl:

My book says the same. According to the above information it's misunderstood.
Does a particular fiqh follow this or is it just a misconception?

cat eyes
09-11-2009, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END

1 miss fast = 60 fast

:salamext:

bro can i ask what was the reason for you for missing all of those fast days.

Was it because you went astray for a while?

its okay to admit that. if you have changed your ways now then Mashallaah Allah loves those who repent and who come back to him.

Thats all you need to do. :)
:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
THE END
09-12-2009, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
You have misunderstood this matter.

If one misses a fast then he only makes up for that one fast. If it was for no reason then you must in addition repent for it.

If one has sexual relations with his or her spouse while he or she was fasting then as an expiation he has to fast 60 consecutive days.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (r) said: Whilst we were sitting with the Prophet (:saws:), a man came to him and said, "O Messenger of Allah, I am doomed!" He said, "What happened?" He said, "I had intercourse with my wife when I was fasting [in Ramadaan]." The Messenger of Allah (:saws:) said, "Are you able to free a slave?" He said, "No." He said, "Are you able to fast for two consecutive months?" He said, "No." He said, "Can you feed sixty poor persons?" He said, "No." Then the Prophet (:saws:) remained silent for a while, and whilst we were like that, a large vessel of dates was brought to the Prophet (:saws:), and he said, "Where is the one who was asking?" He said, "Here I am." He said, "Take these and give them in charity." The man said, "Is there anyone more poor than me, O Messenger of Allah? For there is no household between the two harrahs (lava fields – i.e., in Madeenah) that is poorer than my household." The Messenger of Allah (:saws:) smiled until his eyeteeth could be seen, then he said, "Feed it to your family."

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1834, 1835; Muslim, 1111)
Jazakhallahu kharyan akhi for the information.
:)

format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:salamext:

bro can i ask what was the reason for you for missing all of those fast days.

Was it because you went astray for a while?

its okay to admit that. if you have changed your ways now then Mashallaah Allah loves those who repent and who come back to him.

Thats all you need to do. :)
:wasalamex
Yes sis, it was out of ignorance during my days at Uni.

zakirs
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
All the best bro :) and May Allah increase your imaan.

And i guess you need to fast only for 1 day to make up for 1 fast

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.