/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scent of Roses

DigitalStorm82
09-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Asalamu'Alaikum,

Has anyone ever experienced a very strong scent of smell (like roses) out of the blue? Sometimes even when you're sitting alone and you get this really nice sweet smell all around you?

What is it?

I think it's angels but, my parents say its prophet Mohammad (sws) but I don't know if its true. Because he has obviously passed away but my family members insist on him being alive and able to travel/communicate with his ummah.

Jazakallah khair for your input.

W'salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
09-13-2009, 09:35 AM
Has no one experienced this?

جوري
09-13-2009, 09:48 AM
:sl:

hmmm.. usually when someone tells me they experience a scent out of the blues that no one else is smelling, I suggest them to get a checkup since certain temporal lobe lesions cause us to smell things that aren't there..

bas Allah swt a3lam, perhaps you are experiencing something very spiritual..
on my part however, I'll suggest that, if you have a headache, dizziness or an aura or any form of seizure or tremors that you in fact get that checked out medically..

and Allah swt knows best

:w:

جوري
09-13-2009, 09:54 AM
It is called 'Phantosmia' btw if you want to google it and read more about it.. compare it to what you are experiencing...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DigitalStorm82
09-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Phantosmia is an olfactory hallucination--specifically, the phenomenon of smelling odors that aren't really present. The most common odors are unpleasant smells such as rotting flesh, vomit, urine, feces, smoke, etc. Phantosmia often results from damage to the nervous tissue in the olfactory system. The damage can be caused by viral infection, brain tumor, trauma, surgery, and possibly exposure to toxins or drugs.[1] Phantosmia can also be induced by epilepsy affecting the olfactory cortex and is also thought to possibly have psychiatric origins.[citation needed] Phantosmia is different from parosmia, in which a smell is actually present, but perceived differently from its usual smell.

This is definitely not me or anyone in my family. I don't think its a "medical disorder."

I've met few people that have experienced this but I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone else has noticed this strong sweet smell to understand it better.

جوري
09-13-2009, 10:12 AM
Sometimes the odor is also pleasant, although often it isn't .. Insha'Allah it is only something spiritually good .. I just thought I'd alert you to another point of view on the matter..

khyer insha'Allah

Tony
09-13-2009, 10:31 AM
Allah knows best. I know that people experience smells due to certain imbalances or elictrical stimulus within the brain, for example it is fairly common that people who suffer from epilepsy can smell toast before a seizure. I think you should get checked out, then maybe you could look into it on a spiritual level if all clear.

DigitalStorm82
09-13-2009, 06:45 PM
It's interesting... When I googled this... all I got was christians experiencing the same thing and they said it is the blessed virgin Marry.

I didn't see any posts from Muslims regarding this sudden sweet smell.

-Perhaps I'll do some more research and update when I find out more info.

Snowflake
09-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I've experienced it a few times but don't take much notice as it doesn't harm me or benefit me. Just smells nice lol :)

Oh and it's not roses but a cool sweet fragrance.

Akhi, do get cold shivers during salah too?

DigitalStorm82
09-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, it's good to know that others are experiencing the same thing and I'm not going crazy! lol

Not shivers but I've experienced other things in salaah. Some scary and some nice... Once I was praying fajr in masjid and I heard deep voice reciting Quran from behind me... and I was the only one in the masjid at the time. I suppose you can say I had major goosebumps and I couldn't look behind me as I was praying. Scary! lol

I recited Ayatul Kursi so many times that day lol

syilla
09-14-2009, 02:58 AM
What about hearing voices? I keep hearing voice waking me up to do salah fajr :hmm:
and also while playing with my baby...i hear a woman voice giggling... :hmm:

and the latest is i heard a man voice babling waking me up for sahr :hmm:

I'm not really disturbed...but i was wondering if anyone has experience this. I don't think i'm halucinating... i'm not taking drugs or alcohol... or anything like it. :hmm: i still consider myself not insane...huhuhu

Snowflake
09-15-2009, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
Well, it's good to know that others are experiencing the same thing and I'm not going crazy! lol

Not shivers but I've experienced other things in salaah. Some scary and some nice... Once I was praying fajr in masjid and I heard deep voice reciting Quran from behind me... and I was the only one in the masjid at the time. I suppose you can say I had major goosebumps and I couldn't look behind me as I was praying. Scary! lol

I recited Ayatul Kursi so many times that day lol
:sl: Lol, you're not going crazy akhi. Even the voice you heard, doesn't mean you're going mad. It sounds interesting actually. If it happens again record it on your mobile.

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
What about hearing voices? I keep hearing voice waking me up to do salah fajr :hmm:
and also while playing with my baby...i hear a woman voice giggling... :hmm:

and the latest is i heard a man voice babling waking me up for sahr :hmm:

I'm not really disturbed...but i was wondering if anyone has experience this. I don't think i'm halucinating... i'm not taking drugs or alcohol... or anything like it. :hmm: i still consider myself not insane...huhuhu
:sl: - Lol, you're cute sis. The voice at Fajr good mashaAllah. An angel I think. Hamdulillah :D

I don't know about the old man and giggly woman. Like you said, it's nothing to worry about. I see faces lol. But since I had ruqyah done the faces have gone but somethings are still happening as I've been slacking in making ruqyah on myself. Just read the recommended surahs for protection inshaAllah. :statisfie

DigitalStorm82
09-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Can't really break salaah to record stuff lol But that was a while ago... Fajr time can be scary if you're alone.

Snowflake
09-15-2009, 10:58 PM
lol I meant if it happens out of prayer times. Fajr time is good. It's maghrib time you have to watch out for. You might wanna get a cockeral, since they crow at dawn - because they see angels. That should give you some comfort. :)

Güven
09-15-2009, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah

I see faces lol. But since I had ruqyah done the faces have gone but somethings are still happening as I've been slacking in making ruqyah on myself. Just read the recommended surahs for protection inshaAllah. :statisfie
me too!

lol its strange though.

DigitalStorm82
09-15-2009, 11:34 PM
really? is there a hadith that says they can see angels?

but I don't think a rooster in the big city will survive lol

I used to see faces on the carpet but now it has dots on it so it breaks up the image.

Snowflake
09-15-2009, 11:59 PM
A few days ago I was staying with a friend who had surgery. Btw, I'm in the middle of england in a large city. My friend's neighbours have a cockeral who didn't let me get any sleep as we were sleeping after fajr. I wanted to throttle him and my friend said she could hear me muttering for him to shut up! The third day I after cursing him some more, it suddenly dawned on me that he might be praising Allah in his own language and I should'nt be getting mad at him. I came home that day and did some research and this is what I found...

228. When you hear the cock's crow, ask Allah for His favor upon you for surely it has seen an angel . When you hear the bray of a donkey, seek refuge in Allah from Satan, for surely it has seen a devil.

Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 6/350, Muslim 4/2092.

http://www.islamawareness.net/Dua/Fortress/110.html
May Allah forgive me. I learnt a big lesson from my mistake. Oh and the rooster is very happy in the City. He sits proudly on the garden post crowing most of the day lol. :)

DigitalStorm82
09-16-2009, 12:19 AM
lol kool I guess I'll have to smuggle a rooster and a donkey to NYC lol

Snowflake
09-16-2009, 12:33 AM
lol don't you already have a zoo in NY? Joking. You could get away with a rooster if your neighbours are desi, but others will probably complain.

DigitalStorm82
09-16-2009, 12:40 AM
nah... then I'd have to get chicken litter or something lol

Tony
09-16-2009, 07:28 PM
wow I want to get a cockerel now, thats a great story:D

Snowflake
09-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Lol me too akhi. It'd be wicked when the cockeral crows. I'd be looking outside to 'spot the angel' like that 'spot the ball game' we used have in the Pools lol!

ژاله
09-17-2009, 06:38 AM
omg i am amazed people hear voices, see faces and they dont get scared? if this happens to me, i cant imagine how would i feel, i will die in a minute :exhausted:
out of curiosity, how do the faces look, pretty or scary? human like or devilish? :hmm:

Tony
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Lol me too akhi. It'd be wicked when the cockeral crows. I'd be looking outside to 'spot the angel' like that 'spot the ball game' we used have in the Pools lol!
lol, Spot the unseen entity:D

Snowflake
09-18-2009, 04:01 AM
^lol
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
omg i am amazed people hear voices, see faces and they dont get scared? if this happens to me, i cant imagine how would i feel, i will die in a minute :exhausted:
out of curiosity, how do the faces look, pretty or scary? human like or devilish? :hmm:
lol sis, I only saw these faces when I closed my eyes. They weren't scary just menacing, but there was a group of them and they kept transforming. They were faces I'd never seen before. There was one ugly head though that I'd see even with my eyes open. It was like a photo negative but orangey pink and always turned away from me.That was so so scary lol. I used to dread seeing him. The strange thing was he didnt face me but I knew that he knew I could see him. I pray I never see him again. :skeleton::exhausted

Tony
09-18-2009, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
lol, Spot the unseen entity:D

sorry I just realised that this comment could have been misunderstood, I meant it as a reference to spot the ball and angels

Lubeena
07-28-2019, 11:26 PM
It's interesting... When I googled this... all I got was christians experiencing the same thing and they said it is the blessed virgin Marry.

I didn't see any posts from Muslims regarding this sudden sweet smell.

-Perhaps I'll do some more research and update when I find out more info.

Hello
I smelt roses on a few occasions after my Father died. My parents got divorced when I was 3 years old and I never really knew him. He was a stranger for me. I did not hear good things about him and he did some bad things to my mum and my siblings. I have no reason to want to smell roses after his death but I could and knew that it was a supernatural experience. Believe me it was real.

Aaima zahid
07-29-2019, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
^lol

lol sis, I only saw these faces when I closed my eyes. They weren't scary just menacing, but there was a group of them and they kept transforming. They were faces I'd never seen before. There was one ugly head though that I'd see even with my eyes open. It was like a photo negative but orangey pink and always turned away from me.That was so so scary lol. I used to dread seeing him. The strange thing was he didnt face me but I knew that he knew I could see him. I pray I never see him again. :skeleton::exhausted
That’s so scary sis! How did you survived? Lol

Saira Khan
07-29-2019, 09:45 PM
Asalamu'Alaikum,

Has anyone ever experienced a very strong scent of smell (like roses) out of the blue? Sometimes even when you're sitting alone and you get this really nice sweet smell all around you?

What is it?

I think it's angels but, my parents say its prophet Mohammad (sws) but I don't know if its true. Because he has obviously passed away but my family members insist on him being alive and able to travel/communicate with his ummah.

Jazakallah khair for your input.

W'salaam
Aww that's about ten years old post. Anybody still around?
Well being a Muslim nobody should doubt this, because Muslims do believe in Jannah, the jins, the angels (The Unseen), and while I started writing on this post, I felt the scent of roses right away subhanAllah.

Wajeeh71
07-23-2020, 09:17 PM
Has no one experienced this?
I am experiencing this right now...this for me curious to search for it... I am loving this scent.... Recently i am going through depression and i am doing sabr and praying to allah... And out of the blue i am smelling this sweet rose smell

IslamLife00
07-25-2020, 02:15 AM
I smelt that scent, a couple of times if I remember correctly within 6 months apart. I know it's not flowers outside because if it was, I would've smelt it more often in spring or summer when the windows are open.
There is nothing inside that can cause it, and it's only that couple of times.

Many years back, someone close to me passed away due to sickness. Family and friends attended the funeral, then a few of us went back to the deceased's house.
I smelt a very strong scent of herbs as I walked pass the deceased's bedroom where he spent his last few days before he was taken to hospital and passed away there.
I remember the deceased used to apply some kind of herbal ointment that smells like that. It helps with breathing, he used to say, but he applied it even if he didn't need it.
But this time the scent was very strong, as if I was inside the factory or workshop full of herbs that makes this ointment. No one else mentioned anything similar to me.
Allahu'alam what all these mean

Studentofdeed
07-25-2020, 02:32 AM
Subahanallah its a possible sign that person was pious. Often those loved by Allah have this scent coming from them like its from paradise. Mashallah may Allah make us one of them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.