/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What does JIHAD really mean??

blazingflames17
09-12-2009, 03:10 PM
I hear CNN saying it's a holy war then I hear right wingers saying it means fight and drive out infidels and then I hear apolegetics saying it means "striving" or "struggling" so what does it mean plz say.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
09-12-2009, 11:31 PM
jihad means to strive or to struggle of the trails and tribulations of this life!

it certainly dose not mean to start war or terrorism.

some blacksheep muslims believe jihad means to start war on innocent non muslims. they claim its the fight against oppression but they call themselves so called peace makers.

we are only allowed to fight if people are driving us out of our homes and harming our community, killing us! being properly oppressed but people mistake oppression to be a non muslim being a little ignorant with them and calling them names. they believe they have the right to harm that non muslim but islam dose not teach us that. islam teaches us to be kind and patient with non muslims who have no knowledge of islam etc

zakirs
09-12-2009, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klFib4nid7g

Watch this video by Zakir naik on the real meaning of jihad.

AabiruSabeel
09-13-2009, 02:10 AM
:sl:

Jihad is a complex word which encompasses all the efforts spent on establishing the Deen in the lives of the individuals, society, nation and the world. ~ as understood by me from the explanation given by Maulana Muhammad Saad Al-Kandhlawi

This thread is closed for the month of Ramadhan. If it needs to be re-opened again, please send us a request.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.