/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hijab crisis! help

penartist
09-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Eid's coming up and also we have a family wedding to go to. No one else in my family (extended) wears hijab and i find that im always wearing it the usual ways but for a wedding i a new style.

I've been looking around and have been malayan and spanish styles ( even thought spanish styles do need modifiying due to neck exposure) In Turkey they have these hijab stylists that actually come and style your hijab for u in funky variations.

Do they have anything/ any one similar to that in the UK? Ive tried youtube but some of the styles are sooooo complicated i cant get my head around them! :heated:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
09-12-2009, 11:01 PM
no offence sister but i find it quite frustrating that you believe the hijab to be some what of a stylish fashion accessory. and the video's you will find on youtube.. they are not even muslim models. they are christian turkish models posing to be arab muslims. half the video's you will find on youtube are not proper hijab, not the way to be worn at all. and all the younger generation are following after these kufir people

Najm
09-13-2009, 12:09 AM
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

No crisis, Just wear your hijab the "usual" way......which indeed covers everything except the hands and face.

FiAmaaniAllah

IbnAbdulHakim
09-13-2009, 01:29 AM
^ hey she can cover the face if she wants :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Soulja Girl
09-13-2009, 01:46 AM
:sl:

^And hands too!

:wa:

Najm
09-13-2009, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
^ hey she can cover the face if she wants :D
format_quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Lady

^And hands too!

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

MashaAllah!!!!!! Cover the face and hands for the sake of Allah Subhana Wata'la!

This is an iman boost!!!:statisfie

FiAmaaniAllah

penartist
01-24-2010, 01:58 AM
i havent been back on this forum for a long time now since ive been away working- but what made me laugh out loud was the fact that i asked a question about hijab styling and it ended up with some huge debate about how and why and what ways to wear one....

bottom line is i and other muslimahs know why we wear the hijab and as for people on you tube (see posts above) they are no concern of mine- we have segregated weddings as it is so wearing my hijab in a nicer way than usual infront of my female relatives isnt going to compromise the way i wear it daily.

i reckon people are quick to jump down others throats without taking time out to think and understand..geez!

YusufNoor
01-24-2010, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by penartist
i havent been back on this forum for a long time now since ive been away working- but what made me laugh out loud was the fact that i asked a question about hijab styling and it ended up with some huge debate about how and why and what ways to wear one....

bottom line is i and other muslimahs know why we wear the hijab and as for people on you tube (see posts above) they are no concern of mine- we have segregated weddings as it is so wearing my hijab in a nicer way than usual infront of my female relatives isnt going to compromise the way i wear it daily.

i reckon people are quick to jump down others throats without taking time out to think and understand..geez!

and that's the way it is....:heated:

oh, and if you want to talk style, you should probably just ask Skye.

Asiyah3
01-24-2010, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by penartist

Oh come on siz, don't take it in a bad way :) I'm sure no one here meant to offend you. They probably thought so becoz' in most cases women don't wear properly (which I find ungrateful to Allah SWT-however that's something Allah judges not me). Anyway, you're right one should first find out more and consider all options.

AlbanianMuslim
01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
sometimes i contemplate leaving this forum all together when i see people immediatley being critical and jumping to "attack" regardless of whether you say "no offense" or not.
if you dont like what shes talking about then move on to another thread it isnt that difficult.
I see this too often and its no surprise that so many threads are made with the anonymous option. Not everyone is at your "level" and instead of jumping on someone because their on a different level than you are, maybe you should consider the way in which you say things and maybe instead of saying what you feel the strong urge to say in the thread, a pm would work out more nicely
just some suggestions

as for the thread, i suggest a pretty pattern or a color and wear it in any way you like as long as its appropriate. its not a crisis dear :) youll look fabulous either way, and so what if no one wears it in your extended family? be confident!

penartist
01-25-2010, 12:38 AM
lolol

i guess 'hijab crisis' was an obviously over the top, exaggerated title to have..esp when i have no idea what a real 'crisis' feels like at all Alhamdulilah...

zakirs
01-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Sorry for the fiasco sister , but i guess they had the best of intentions.Anyway ask your sisters or peers for ideas.. they might tell you better than some young/old guys/sisters sitting in front of pc and wasting time :D :D ( joking guys)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.