/* */

PDA

View Full Version : College over-subscribed?

jay786
09-13-2009, 12:39 AM
:sl:

I phoned the college I'm hoping to go too, however they said there over subscribed that they would call me next week?

What do they mean by being over subscribed?

Jazak:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
09-13-2009, 01:21 AM
:wa:

I think it means that they have already accepted more students than they can accommodate. If that is the case, then it's more likely that they won't take you in.

InshaAllah you will get what is best for you. May Allah give you a place where there is Khair and 'Aafiyah for you.

Hugo
09-13-2009, 03:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jay786
:sl:I phoned the college I'm hoping to go too, however they said there over subscribed that they would call me next week? What do they mean by being over subscribed? Jazak:statisfie
Every College estimates how many students it can take and then adds a margin of error on the assumption that some students will not come or go elsewhere even if they have been offered a place.

So oversubscribed is another way of saying that for all sorts of reasons they did not get their estimates right and that might mean that some who were offered a conditional place will be turned down.

This is not necessarily the end of the world as once a course starts it is almost certain that there will be a few drop-outs; commonly because overseas students do not in the end turn up so suddenly you may find they have a place for you but nothing can be guaranteed. So keep in touch with them and there is nothing stopping you checking up on other Colleges as well.

Also have a look at the thread I created on getting the best out of university and college post number 4 as there is a little more informnations there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.