/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What Is Arrogance?

AnonymousPoster
09-13-2009, 01:20 AM
Salaam.

I used to think i was arrogant (in my heart) but only now ive realized maybe i was wrong.... I changed my mindset which transformed me into a different person....The problem is...I now feel inferior to everyone, I no longer have the confidence i used to have and isimply cant do the things i was capable of...

Whats the difference between self confidence and arrogance? Maybe i confused the two?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
09-14-2009, 06:54 AM
Bump X2

:raging:@ 10 Character Limit

جوري
09-14-2009, 07:32 AM
Arrogance is having an insufferably overbearing attitude and behavior toward folks you deem inferior to you, talking above them, mistreating them and with intent to make them feel bad for no other reason than your own prideful enjoyment While confidence although assertive lacks all that negativism. You teach for the love of teaching and because you are good at it, you advise because you want to help and you know what you are doing etc.

your own feelings of inadequacies I suspect had nothing to do with switching between those two states.. you are just not resolute and still in the path of self-discovery.. there is nothing wrong with that.. Also confidence if true, comes from experience, it isn't born instantly like an emotion.

Hope that helps and as always Allah swt knows best..

Also Allah swt created us dignified and expects that we not depreciate ourselves but utilize the gifts he bestowed upon us fully..

:w:

Muhaba
09-14-2009, 11:32 PM
^ Great answer!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-14-2009, 11:51 PM
I know what you mean, I used to be confident but I was becoming over confident in everything and I was worried it was turning into arrogance I believed I could do and achieve anything I wanted. Then having read hadith about arrogance I attempted to change myself but now I'm the total opposite :S it's hard to find a balance between being confident and being arrogant.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
^ heres a simple solution

whatever you do - do for the sake of Allaah

that way you'll achieve the greatest dreams - and stay humble at the same time :)

syilla
09-15-2009, 01:11 AM
:salamext:

Confidence is very important in islam... can you please give example which situation that you're having a hard time with.

AnonymousPoster
09-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Sorry to intrude but can someone tell me if there is a prayer for Allah to give us or help us with confidence? I have really bad anxiety problems, i get nervous over everything and my heart always feels like it wants to explode out of my chest in social situations...

AnonymousPoster
09-16-2009, 05:24 PM
^ Me too :( I think it's called SAD social anxiety disorder

Salahudeen
09-16-2009, 05:25 PM
arrogance is to look down upon people and think your superior/ better then them.

arrogance is also to reject the truth when it comes to you.

Snowflake
09-16-2009, 05:27 PM
^thats what I call short and to the point :thumbs_up

Najm
09-16-2009, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye
Arrogance is having an insufferably overbearing attitude and behavior toward folks you deem inferior to you, talking above them, mistreating them and with intent to make them feel bad for no other reason than your own prideful enjoyment While confidence although assertive lacks all that negativism. You teach for the love of teaching and because you are good at it, you advise because you want to help and you know what you are doing etc.

your own feelings of inadequacies I suspect had nothing to do with switching between those two states.. you are just not resolute and still in the path of self-discovery.. there is nothing wrong with that.. Also confidence if true, comes from experience, it isn't born instantly like an emotion.

Also Allah swt created us dignified and expects that we not depreciate ourselves but utilize the gifts he bestowed upon us fully..

AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Did you write this urself? Its incredible MashaAllah!!

FiAmaaniAllah

جوري
09-16-2009, 08:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Najm
AsSalamOAlaikum WaRehmatuAllah WaBarkatuhu

Did you write this urself? Its incredible MashaAllah!!

FiAmaaniAllah
;D Yes I wrote it myself..
Jazaks..

AnonymousPoster
09-19-2009, 07:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye

:cry: Thank you dear sister. Beautiful post

Thanks to all those who replied and Eid Mubarak to you all (In advance)

(Original Anonymous)

جوري
09-19-2009, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:cry: Thank you dear sister. Beautiful post

Thanks to all those who replied and Eid Mubarak to you all (In advance)

(Original Anonymous)
La shokr illa lillah dear br/sr. Insha'Allah you're on the right path & track..

Eid mubarak to you Insha'Allah..

Eric H
09-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Greetings and peace be with you AnonymousGender;

God gave us all our gifts, and I guess arrogance is taking all the credit for a job well done. When in fact we should always give God the credit, and thank him when things go well.

We cannot become arrogant, when we give God all the praise and glory for the good things in our life.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God

Eric.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.