/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hi

kawaiigardiner
09-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Hi :statisfie

Signed up to chat about religion and philosophy. I'm a Deist, to give a brief over view: http://www.religioustolerance.org/deism1.htm

I subscribe to the "Five Articles" of English Deists:

1. Belief in the existence of a single supreme God
2. Humanity's duty to revere God
3. Linkage of worship with practical morality
4. God will forgive us if we repent and abandon our sins
5. Good works will be rewarded (and punishment for evil) both in life and after death

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Raudha
09-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi

Welcome to the forum...

:peace::peace::peace:

ژاله
09-13-2009, 02:36 PM
welcome to the forums.:)

Hayaa
09-13-2009, 06:08 PM
Hello there, welcome to IB.. :)

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kawaiigardiner
09-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Cool; thank you for all the kind comments :D

How familiar are most people here with Deism?

'Abdul Rahmaan
09-14-2009, 01:17 AM
I'm late but it's never too late. :p

Welcome brother! Glad to have you here. :)

kawaiigardiner
09-14-2009, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mercurial
I'm late but it's never too late. :p

Welcome brother! Glad to have you here. :)
Awww, your kitten looks so cute :D

I'm sure he makes sure you don't get in trouble ;D

"Sorry I can't do that, Kitten disapproves" :P

Nora.
09-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Salam Alikom :)

Welcome to the board , hope you benefit and find answers of your questions :)

syilla
09-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Hi...

welcome on board... :D

Wellington is such a beautiful place :)

kawaiigardiner
09-14-2009, 02:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Hi...

welcome on board... :D

Wellington is such a beautiful place :)
Yeap; the great thing with New Zealand; most female Muslims don't feel out of place given that there are very few women in New Zealand who wear revealing clothing - assuming the getup is casual clothes with a hijab. If you wear the whole KSA/Chidor thing then you're going to stand out no matter what city you're in :p

kawaiigardiner
09-14-2009, 03:54 AM
Well, I'm off now, Tilmeez has made it quite clear via a private message that he doesn't want non-Muslims in the forum.

'Abdul Rahmaan
09-14-2009, 06:20 AM
Really? Did he highlight the reason? I've been here for a year now. Never heard of such a complain by any non-Muslim member.

Tilmeez
09-14-2009, 06:39 AM
:welcome:

Well,, I'm off now, Tilmeez has made it quite clear via a private message that he doesn't want non-Muslims in the forum.
Kawaiigardiner,
You know your above meesage is irrelevent now :). I have cleared it up with you in PM.
Enjoy your stay here.

Rabi'ya
09-14-2009, 09:22 AM
Welcome to IB

Hope you enjoy your time here :)

zakirs
09-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Enjoy your stay bro.. we like having people of other faiths here :).

Your beliefs are quite close to islamic beliefs .. do you know completely about islam ?

Al Ansari
09-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Greetings,
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.

kawaiigardiner
09-17-2009, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Enjoy your stay bro.. we like having people of other faiths here :).

Your beliefs are quite close to islamic beliefs .. do you know completely about islam ?
Well, I am gay which puts me at odds with Islam (plus some other issues I have too with Islam).

zakirs
09-18-2009, 01:26 AM
Please be free to discuss them with us :) . you can post on the Discover islam forum :)

Ramadhan
09-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Your deism tenets are very close to Islam, you might as well say the Syahada kalimat and revert to Islam.
We can sort out your other issues later :)

kawaiigardiner
09-21-2009, 01:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by naidamar
Your deism tenets are very close to Islam, you might as well say the Syahada kalimat and revert to Islam.
We can sort out your other issues later :)
:sl:

:statisfie

Well, I'm doing my homework right now - having read more and more, realising that Islam isn't as simple as: this is 'the islam'. I'm recognise now that Islam is a lot more diverse than Westerners give it credit for.

I've been reading:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/quran/

And I'd have to say I'm on the liberal end of the spectrum but that doesn't mean I'm an 'everything goes' kind of person; one needs to have restraints in ones life to maintain perspective on what life is really about.

kawaiigardiner
09-21-2009, 01:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kawaiigardiner
:sl:

:statisfie

Well, I'm doing my homework right now - having read more and more, realising that Islam isn't as simple as: this is 'the islam'. I'm recognise now that Islam is a lot more diverse than Westerners give it credit for.

I've been reading:

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/quran/

And I'd have to say I'm on the liberal end of the spectrum but that doesn't mean I'm an 'everything goes' kind of person; one needs to have restraints in ones life to maintain perspective on what life is really about.
Just to add something (for some reason there is no edit function), I don't drink and the only meat I eat is chicken and fish. On that subject, it is funny the number of Muslims who ask me what pork is like. Having only eaten in 3-4 times in my life - its over rated, you aren't missing a single thing.

Chicken FTW :)

zakirs
09-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Chicken FTW
yes..

Bro i would think you should read more , I am really impressed by you.PM me if you need *any* help.

alcurad
09-22-2009, 02:14 AM
welcome to IB :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!