/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about working in bank.

ardianto
09-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

I have several questions regarding working in bank and make a business with bank. Not Islamic bank but riba based bank.

Some people say, working in bank is permissible if not in riba area. I mean not as credit officer but as receptionist, driver, etc. Is it right ? or working in bank is totally haram, no matter which post is it ?.

If working in bank is totally haram, how about working as outsourcing worker ?. In example, someone works in security or cleaning service company that hired by the bank. And he/she must works in the bank daily during contract period. In this case his/her salary paid by the origin company, however the company paid by the bank, and the bank get money from riba.

Is it allowed to make a business with the bank that get profit from riba ?. In example paint the wall of the bank's building, sell office equipments to the bank, etc.

Please give me answers that based on scholar's fatwa.

:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-15-2009, 04:45 PM
:bump:

They told me "We want to know what scholar says about this". But there is no answer here.
I think I must seek a reference from IslamQa.

blm2007
09-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Doing a job in bank isn't Haram but there are some some certain posts which might be effective, like the credit or loan section.Because there you are giving or arranging money for your customer with a written commitment to get an interest over the amount taken and this is Haram,and if you are dealing this then you are also getting involved in Haram deed.

ardianto
09-17-2009, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by blm2007
Doing a job in bank isn't Haram but there are some some certain posts which might be effective, like the credit or loan section.Because there you are giving or arranging money for your customer with a written commitment to get an interest over the amount taken and this is Haram,and if you are dealing this then you are also getting involved in Haram deed.
I have discuss about working in bank. All participants have a same opinion with you, working in bank is not haram except in certain posts. However, one participant say, according to her uncle working in bank is totally haram because salary in every post is sourced from riba. And I promised her I will try to find an answer, is working in bank haram or halal.

Thank you very much, brother. Jazak Allahu Khairan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.