/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cheating, Should I tell?

hamza25
09-13-2009, 06:37 PM
I know someone who is cheating at school? what are the islamic rules on this...

should I tell on the person?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
09-13-2009, 10:19 PM
well if this person is wise, he will listen when you tell him that his prophet (peace be upon him said) the following:

"whom ever cheats is not from among us (the believers)".

but I doubt he'll care, he may even laugh at you and say "when did you become an extremist" this is the case with alot of the youth, try and drum into him

"bro your prophet said this, don't you believe in him? he'll say he does, then say

"well follow his teachings then and show your belief in your actions by not cheating and obeying him"

not "I believe and do whatever I want" belief is shown in actions.

Zarmina
09-13-2009, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hamza25
I know someone who is cheating at school? what are the islamic rules on this...

should I tell on the person?
Let the person know that when you cheat in school, you only cheat yourself out of an education. Islam wants educated Muslims, not cheaters with high test scores and no knowledge.

- IqRa -
09-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Let the teacher know?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kashmirshazad
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Tell his parents, thats the way Muslim kids learn!! Theyre not scared of teachers, but they are of there fathers!!

Muhaba
09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Depends on what grade he is in. I'd say, just advise him not to cheat, maybe offer to help him with his studies, etc. Avoid tattle-tailing. Most likely he'll grow out of it himself.

A lot of times ppl cheat because the subject is too hard for them to grasp on their own and they are pressured to get high grades. So they need help, not be told on.
Helping him with studies would be the best thing for you to do as it will stop him from cheating and he won't get into trouble. Also as Sis Zarmina said, advising him that cheating won't help him in the future because he won't know the subject is also a good idea.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.