/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Back To Square One

AnonymousPoster
09-14-2009, 12:16 PM
I feel like a lost sheep. I have no idea what to do with my life, Im in a mess
and angry by the way i have been treated through out my life, Its like i am a puppet on strings. :(

I wish i was 6 feet under sometimes just to get it over and done with, to meet my fate

Any advice or words of wisdom?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kashmirshazad
09-14-2009, 12:20 PM
Just remember Allah swt does not bear any soul a burden more than it can handle.
Look at the wider world, even though you might not want to. Believe it or not there are people out there who will be worse off, but I am not saying that you have problems off your own.
The simple fact is everyone has problems, and the only way they are conquered is through patience and virtue.
So dont be scared, fear not and remember Allah swt always.

Hope that helps

- IqRa -
09-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Explain the situation thoroughly?

Beardo
09-14-2009, 12:53 PM
That happens to all of us. Some of us more than others as well.

Make some dua, pray some Salaah. Insha'Allah it'll be okay. Remember there's always people worse than you out there. If you are able to come on this forum, that means you have internet. And internet is a huge luxury. Like right now, you are receiving advice and support from your Muslim family through the internet. If you've ever been to the third world countries... I've been to Bangladesh. It is very sad to see the people there. You can see their bones, literally... It's a shame to go there, with thick flesh on my body. :cry:

May Allah Ta'ala make it easy for you and us all. Remember we all go through those hard and tough days. Mine was just last Wedsnday/Thursday. Long story short, I had extreme exam pressure, and then taraweeh, and so much going on in life. VERY frustrating.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Rabi'ya
09-14-2009, 01:04 PM
:sl: bro/sis

Everyones imaan increases and decreases. But its the effort we put in to try to keep it as high as we possible can.

Firsty, try to disassociate yourself from situations/people who create a bad environment for you. This is very very important.

You also need to increase your acts of ibaadah. Salaah, dhikr, salawat, reading Quraan

slowly you will reap the rewards inshAllah.

I too have just come out of a bad period of low imaan, and am still on that upward struggle to correct myself and try to improve my imaan and character. InshAllah the intention is the first step and the other will follow slowly.

May Allah guide us all and lead us to improve ourselves.ameen

cat eyes
09-14-2009, 05:41 PM
when i got out of my teens i started to feel like that.

i have made some stupid mistakes i still am a little immature sometimes how i handle things that dose not help especially when you have no support you feel vulnerable. i feel helpless sometimes. i suppose none of us is perfect. we have weaknesses, we have to try and overcome them.

AlbanianMuslim
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Turn to Allah swt and know that every misfortune that has ever befallen you is a lesson meant to be learned.

Snowflake
09-14-2009, 11:14 PM
assalamu alaykum

Dear anon please don't mind what I say..

But as long as you live for yourself, peace will be hard to find. There is so much you can do with your life. Somewhere out there, there's a orphan waiting to be fed and clothed. A well to be dug. A tree to be planted. A patient to be cared for. The world needs us more than we need it. You know what depresses me, is that there is so much to be done and not enough time to do it. My heart wrenches when I look back at all the years I wasted doing nothing. I could've done so many things.. learnt so much if I'd known the importance of knowledge. In my days we weren't lucky like youngsters today. We didn't have the internet and no social lives, no role models. No islamic programs on TV and no one to teach us.

Your world is so different. So much exposure to what is going on in the world and it's ever-increasing problems that need fixing. We never had the guidence that is available to youngesters today. You have so much in terms opportunities to gain knowledge and involving yourself in humanitarian projects. There is so much to do with your life. Giving dawah is your duty and the right of every nonmuslim to receive it. We are no where near the Prophet in manners and etiquette, but how much effort do we even put in trying? In fact there is so much to fill our time with that life is too short and I know I'll die before I do all the things I want - because I want to do so much.

Please don't only look at 'me'. When we think of 'Me' we don't see others. Spend your life partly for others and partly for the worship of Allah subhana wa ta 'ala and only partly for yourself. This was the lifestyle of the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. See how much time just these things consume?

Please don't wait before you get to my age and then wish you'd done things when you had the chances. Time doesn't wait for no man. So please don't waste it. Regret is not a nice feeling.

May Allah lessen your pain. Ameen. I don't mean to sound harsh, but there are other people who've been treated worse. People who didn't live to tell the tale. You are here and you still have the chance to change your life.
When Allah gave you life, He also gave you the right to do with it what you will. So nothing is stopping you from changing your life for the better - except yourself.

Pk_#2
09-15-2009, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I wish i was 6 feet under sometimes
Don't wish that!! You will regret it later,

Little Bo Peep will find you some day, just have sabr,

I pray that Allaah grants this lost sheep relief from whatever he or she is facing, Aameen.

Eric H
09-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AnonymousGender;

and angry by the way i have been treated through out my life, Its like i am a puppet on strings.
You are feeling weak and out of control because you are angry, the prophet pbuh said, the stronger person is the one who controls his anger. Here are a few profound quotes about anger……

Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten.”

For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”

Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret

“Anyone who angers you conquers you

It is wise to direct your anger towards problems -- not people; to focus your energies on answers -- not excuses.”

“Anger is only one letter short of danger”

Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame.”

The angry people are those people who are most afraid”

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you
will escape a hundred days of sorrow.
-- Chinese Proverb.

Anger, if not restrained, is frequently more
hurtful to us than the injury that provokes it.
-- Seneca.

The greatest remedy for anger is delay.
-- Seneca.

For every minute you remain angry, you give
up sixty seconds of peace of mind.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal
with the intent of throwing it at someone else;
you are the one who gets burned.
-- Buddha.

People who fly into a rage always make a bad
landing.
-- Will Rogers.

Speak when you are angry and you will make
the best speech you will ever regret.
-- Ambrose Bierce.

Consider how much more you often suffer
from your anger and grief, than from those
very things for which you are angry and
grieved.
-- Marcus Antonius.

How much more grievous are the
consequences of anger than the causes of it.
-- Marcus Aurelius.

Two things a man should never be angry at:
what he can help, and what he cannot help.
-- Thomas Fuller.

When a man is wrong and won't admit is, he
always gets angry.
-- Thomas Haliburton.

There was never an angry man that thought
his anger unjust.
-- St. Francis De Sales.

Anger is what makes a clear mind seem
clouded.
-- Kazi Shams.

No man can think clearly when his fists are
clenched.
-- George Jean Nathan.

In the spirit of praying for an inner peace that surpasses all understanding

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.