/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prohibited times in which to pray

Rasema
09-14-2009, 08:17 PM
:sl:

When is it prohibited to pray?
I'm not sure If I understood a hadeeth correctly.

I have to make up sunnets since I can't pray then in school,just to let you know that I don't miss salah.:D

I have further questions for this thread,inshAllah.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rasema
09-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

When are the best days and months to make up your fasting?
I have the hadeeths but I don't know which month is muharam etc...

If you didn't fast before, becasue your family didn't guide you to, do you have to make it up?

Do i have to do anyhting for Aid-al duha?

On Eid, are you OBLIGATED to do anything specific?

_PakistaN_
09-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Sis, why do u want us to know that u don't miss Salah. This should be between u and Allah.

Rasema
09-14-2009, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
Sis, why do u want us to know that u don't miss Salah. This should be between u and Allah.
Brother, because If I don't provide enough information with my questions I get weird responces.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
_PakistaN_
09-14-2009, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rasema
Brother, because If I don't provide enough information with my questions I get weird responces.
oh, aite. .

Cabdullahi
09-14-2009, 11:14 PM
it is good that you keep up your salah by sparing abit of time whilst in school which is always hard

after asr i think is a time prohibited to pray but im not entirely sure so dont take my word
lets wait for someone more equipped with knowledge as i am stupid

Rasema
09-15-2009, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by _PakistaN_
oh, aite. .
Aldough, I do like your question. I do get carless and unaware of Allah. I learned something from your question.

:wa:

zakirs
09-15-2009, 12:37 AM
It is prohibited to pray only during the rising and setting of the sun.Rest of the times you can pray.

Rasema
09-15-2009, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
it is good that you keep up your salah by sparing abit of time whilst in school which is always hard

after asr i think is a time prohibited to pray but im not entirely sure so dont take my word
lets wait for someone more equipped with knowledge as i am stupid
Brother Abdullah, it isn't hard at all. Once you're able to do something why would it be hard?

However, I can not pray fajer on time anymore. My bus arrives at the time of the prayer. I could pray before it comes, which is what I do now, but now it's at the proper time and times of the prayers change. imsad

Is there any solution to this?????

oo, i\I could do it when i get to school. YES
!!!!

But I'm not sure what time will it be..........

format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
It is prohibited to pray only during the rising and setting of the sun.Rest of the times you can pray.
Confused, isn' it magrib when the sun ....

Cabdullahi
09-15-2009, 12:50 AM
how long is the bus journey? if its 20 - 30 mins you could say the adhan at fajr b4 the bus comes then after the journey quickly make the iqamah and pray the two rak3a teyn

Rasema
09-15-2009, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
how long is the bus journey? if its 20 - 30 mins you could say the adhan at fajr b4 the bus comes then after the journey quickly make the iqamah and pray the two rak3a teyn
Uhhh...long.........
You mean i would recite the adhan?

wha is iqama?

The times for fajer are still proper for the salah to be preformed on the bus stop tomorrow. The next day it won't. Tomorrow I can observe the time and see when I get to school If I have enough time to pray. I probably do because my stupid bus comes early...

I think that'll work.

Cabdullahi
09-15-2009, 01:10 AM
iqamah follows the adhan its a secondary call to prayer
first call to prayer for fajr then after the bus journey second call to prayer
this is what i would do

Ramadhan
09-15-2009, 04:01 AM
Adzan is not compulsory. You dont have to call to prayer if you already know that it is time to salah. You can just do the salah.
And Iqamah is also for congregation prayer.

Ramadhan
09-15-2009, 04:08 AM

The times for fajer are still proper for the salah to be preformed on the bus stop tomorrow. The next day it won't. Tomorrow I can observe the time and see when I get to school If I have enough time to pray. I probably do because my stupid bus comes early...

I think that'll work.

If you are afraid that the time for fajr prayer has passed when you arrive at school, you can always perform the fajr shalah in the bus.

Islam does not make things difficult for us to pray.

AabiruSabeel
09-15-2009, 05:05 AM

It has been repeatedly advised to the members not to give out any personal opinions and rulings on Religious issues. Please refer to the authentic sources and the works of scholars always.
http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...D=3292&CATE=98

There are three times in the day when one is forbidden to offer any prayers, even make up prayers which are actually considered invalid if offered at these times. These times are when the sun rises up until it is above the horizon by the length of a spear (about twenty minutes after sun rise), when the sun is at its zenith and when the sun turns dull in radiance such that one can look at it until it sets (about twenty minutes to half an hour before sun set).
Confused, isn' it magrib when the sun ....
Maghrib is prayed when the sun is completely set.
Uhhh...long.........
You mean i would recite the adhan?

wha is iqama?
http://www.al-inaam.com/library/lmuslimwom.htm
It is often asked if women need to make the adhan and iqamah if they are leading the salah or praying by themselves. This is not required for women, although they may do it if they wish.

Rasema
09-17-2009, 02:17 AM
Assalamu Alikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

When are the best days and months to make up your fasting?
I have the hadeeths but I don't know which month is muharam etc...

If you didn't fast before, becasue your family didn't guide you to, do you have to make it up?

Do have to do anything for Eid-al -duha?
On Eid, are you OBLIGATED to do anything specific?
I'd appreciate if someone answers the questions above. I also have more:
Do the sunnets for fajer have to be made up?
I know what I'll ask now is a lot. So, may Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, reward you.
Could someone give me these recitations in Arabis with english letters?
I think that way it will be more valid. http://www.al-inaam.com/library/lmuslimwom.htm

Making a dua is confusing. I'm talking about dua you yourself word. When you know you're talking to Allah you get afraid to ask to pass a test for example. I know it sounds ridiculous to say this but it sounds ridiculous when you're asking for that from Allah. Any comments...

"Perform salat ad-Dhuha: Abu Hurairah said, "My friend (the Prophet) advised me to observe three things, not to abandon them till I die; to fast three days a month, to perform two rak'at of Duha (forenoon) salah, and to make witr before sleeping." (Bukhari and Muslim). This is one of the forgotten sunnah of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, that needs to be revived. Two or more rak'a should be prayed some time after the sun rises until a few moments before noon. The preferred time is when the sun is extremely hot, which usually occurs around the hour before noon. A mother has a wonderful opportunity to renew this Sunnah by teaching her children from a very young age. Have a peaceful and blessed morning!"

Which are the two rakats of duha?
Is duha, duhur?
I know that there are 4 rakats of sunnets for duhur.
4 rakats of fards.
And 2 rakats of sunnets. Are these the two rakats this hadeeth is speaking about?

As a Muslim, I greatly appreciate that you take the time to answer my questions. Jazzakallahu khairan(I think I wrote this wrongly)

zakirs
09-17-2009, 08:19 AM
http://quranexplorer.com/Hadith/English/Index.html

:sl: sis i tried to find them but i couldn't since they encompasse wide range of topics.Instead you could look up that hadith explorer to find out about the subject you want to.It even has a index and search option.

It is not compulsary but its a sunnah of our beloved prophet.pbuh.

Al-Mardaawi al-Hanbali (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: The words “whoever misses any of these Sunnahs, it is Sunnah for him to make it up” – this is the well known view of our companions.

Al-Majd supported this in his commentary and it was the view favoured by Shaykh Taqiy al-Deen – i.e., Ibn Taymiyah. End quote from al-Insaaf (2/187).

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Making up regular Sunnah prayers is Sunnah if one misses them. The evidence for that is that when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) slept and missed Fajr prayer, and did not wake up until after the sun had risen, he prayed the Sunnah prayer of Fajr first, then he prayed Fajr after that. End quote.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/11423...%20up%20prayer

Rasema
09-17-2009, 04:42 PM
[=zakirs;1221080]http://quranexplorer.com/Hadith/English/Index.html

:sl: sis i tried to find them but i couldn't since they encompasse wide range of topics.Instead you could look up that hadith explorer to find out about the subject you want to.It even has a index and search option
Which question are you refearing to?

zakirs
09-17-2009, 08:06 PM
this one ...

Rasema
09-17-2009, 08:55 PM
zakirs;1221292]this one ...
I thuaght so. I'm not sure If I asked my question clearly though. The site you gave me doen't have the English version translated into Arabic(with English letters),as far as I've explored it.
I'm also curious to what the scholars say in reciting these duas,upon the awakening for example,in English or another language.

Rasema
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
:salamext:
Somebody?

:thankyou:

zakirs
09-18-2009, 01:18 AM
Ruling on making du’aa’ in English
Can I recite duaa's in English?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Making du’aa’ in English or in any other language is permissible outside of salaah (prayer). But it is not permissible to say any part of the salaah in any language other than Arabic, according to the majority of scholars.

But if the Muslim can stick to Arabic in all cases, especially in acts of worship – and du’aa’ is an act of worship – that is preferable and is better.
Shaykh ‘Abd al-Kareem al-Khudayr

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/11588/english

zakirs
09-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Personally i pray to god in urdu (of course salah in arabic) .. because for me its is how i can be closest to my emotions.Since i dont understand arabic i use either urdu or english

Rasema
09-18-2009, 01:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs
Personally i pray to god in urdu (of course salah in arabic) .. because for me its is how i can be closest to my emotions.Since i dont understand arabic i use either urdu or english
But I need those duas in Arabic before I can recite them:)

AabiruSabeel
09-19-2009, 04:09 AM
I'd appreciate if someone answers the questions above. I also have more:
http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...c89c629bbf61ad
If one performed the Fajr Salaat and omitted the performance of the 2 Rakaat Sunnah before it, then Qadhaa of this 2 Rakaats Sunnah will not be performed before sunrise nor after sunrise.
I know what I'll ask now is a lot. So, may Allah,subhana wa ta'ala, reward you.
I think that way it will be more valid. http://www.al-inaam.com/library/lmuslimwom.htm
Upon awakening in the morning: say this duaa, "Al-Hamdulillah, praise be to Allah who brought me to life after giving me death, and to Him is the resurrection." (Bukhari).
Arabic transliteration: AlHamdulillaahillazi aHyaana ba'dama amaatana wa ilaihin-nushoor.

When getting dressed, say this duaa, "Al-Hamdulillah, praise be to Allah, who clothed me with this, and who provided me with it, without any power or might of mine." (Abu Dawud).
Transliteration: AlHamdulillaahillazi kasaani haaza waRazaqaneehi min-ghairi Hawlim-minni wala Quwwah.

Duaa when entering the bathroom, "In the name of Allah. O Allah, I seek refuge in you from the evil and evil things." (Abu Dawud).
Transliteration: Allahumma inni a'oozu bika minal khubuthi wal khaba-ith.

Duaa after finishing wudou
"I testify that there is no god but Allah, alone, having no partner; and I testify that Muhammad is His servant and Messenger. O Allah, make me of those who continually repent and purify themselves." (Tirmithi)
Transliteration: Ash-hadu allaa-ilaaha illallaahu waHdahu la shareeka lahu wa ash-hadu anna MuHammadan 'Abduhu wa Rasooluh, Allahummaj-'alni minat-tawwaabeena waj-'alni minal mutaTahhireen.

Duaa when leaving the bathroom, : "(I ask for) Your forgiveness." (Abu Dawud).
Transliteration: Ghufraanak.

Duaa when beginning the meal: "O Allah! Bless whatever You provided for us and save us from the punishment of the hellfire. Bismillah."
Transliteration: Allahumma baarik lana feema razaqtana waqina 'azaban-Nar, Bismillah.

Duaa after finishing the meal: "Praise be to Allah, who gave us to eat and to drink and made us Muslims." (Abu Dawud, Tirmithi).
Transliteration: AlHamdulillaahillazi aT'amana wa saqaana wa ja'alana minal Muslimeen.
"Perform salat ad-Dhuha: Abu Hurairah said, "My friend (the Prophet) advised me to observe three things, not to abandon them till I die; to fast three days a month, to perform two rak'at of Duha (forenoon) salah, and to make witr before sleeping." (Bukhari and Muslim). This is one of the forgotten sunnah of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhe wasallam, that needs to be revived. Two or more rak'a should be prayed some time after the sun rises until a few moments before noon. The preferred time is when the sun is extremely hot, which usually occurs around the hour before noon. A mother has a wonderful opportunity to renew this Sunnah by teaching her children from a very young age. Have a peaceful and blessed morning!"

Which are the two rakats of duha?
Is duha, duhur?
I know that there are 4 rakats of sunnets for duhur.
4 rakats of fards.
And 2 rakats of sunnets. Are these the two rakats this hadeeth is speaking about?
Dhuha/Ishraq/Chasht is a nafil prayer. It's timing is mentioned in your quote. 4 Rakat of Sunnat before Dhuhar is different.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.