/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Argument about a God

Bub
09-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Assalam Alaykeum Brothers, sisters
I hope ramadaan go well for you, insha’Allah! Im sure u all know im started to wearing hijab for the rest of my life, masha’Allah. Lots of people in 6th form and I were in argument about a God. They asked me like who made a God? Where do a God come from? How do you know a God exist? I wanted to tell them good point to make them more aware in fact about a God, like open their eyes. So I asked them who made you? They said the same for a God. Grr, help me out! Many thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bub
09-15-2009, 11:13 AM
4 views and no reply?

zakirs
09-15-2009, 11:41 AM
No body made god .. if god was made by somebody .. then who made somebody ?? it goes into a infinite loop..

So Allah has no beginning and no end.He has no master and he himself is the master of entire universe (or whatever you call it )

zakirs
09-15-2009, 11:43 AM
"Say: He is Allah,
The One and Only.
"Allah, the Eternal, Absolute.
"He begets not, nor is He begotten.
And there is none like unto Him."
[Al-Qur’an 112:1-4]

The word ‘Assamad’ is difficult to translate. It means ‘absolute existence’, which can be attributed only to Allah (swt), all other existence being temporal or conditional. It also means that Allah (swt) is not dependent on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependent on Him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
zakirs
09-15-2009, 11:45 AM
Where do a God come from? How do you know a God exist?
:sl:

This link would help i guess.
http://www.irf.net/index.php?option=...212&Itemid=186

Humbler_359
09-15-2009, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bub
Assalam Alaykeum Brothers, sisters
I hope ramadaan go well for you, insha’Allah! Im sure u all know im started to wearing hijab for the rest of my life, masha’Allah. Lots of people in 6th form and I were in argument about a God. They asked me like who made a God? Where do a God come from? How do you know a God exist? I wanted to tell them good point to make them more aware in fact about a God, like open their eyes. So I asked them who made you? They said the same for a God. Grr, help me out! Many thanks!
:sl: Sister Bub,

I am going to type here to respond your question, it will going to be endless debates with non-Muslims because they wouldn't believe it what you say until "they" themselves come to learn about Islam on own research. During my past experiences discussing with Christians friends, I challenge them but they blocked and didn't want to hear Truth in many excuses. It wouldn't be easy because they are not aware fully of Islam despite media, misconception and phobia.

Please don't waste your time to have many details and explanation deeply everything about Allah (Subhana Wa Taa'la) to them, I would simple send Christian vs Muslim dialogue (recommended look at page 7), and Islam Guide. ....That first recommended article, you see debating between C-Christian and M-Muslim.

You can print out some articles to your friends, you don't have to print them all or show website links. However, it would be useful.

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), they want to know about him, you can buy DVD called a Muhammad: Legacy of A Prophet It is including subtitles, reverts, experiences, how Islam started, why, where, when?

Click my youtube (Muhammad: Legacy of A Prophet- w/ no subtitles) in signature below.

Hope I help you a bit. Should focus on your Imaan, increase knowledges, and be strong faith in our Creator only, Insha'Allah. :D

P.S: Can you tell me little about 6th form? what grade in school? I am not aware in UK systems. :exhausted

Asim Khan
09-16-2009, 04:11 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
Subhanallah! That's really good stuff. :statisfie

There was a similar thread -- I knew about the hadith that we should say "I believe in Allah" but "I believe in Allah and His Messengers" is just slick, subhanallah! http://www.islamicboard.com/tawheed-...ml#post1197945

Chaos theory tells us about the importance of precise positioning of all the heavenly bodies (and all other variables) in our solar system:

"In mathematics and physics, chaos theory deals with the behavior of certain nonlinear dynamic systems that under certain conditions exhibit a phenomenon known as chaos, which is characterised by a sensitivity to initial conditions."

"An example of such sensitivity is the so-called "butterfly effect", which suggests that the flapping of a butterfly's wings might create tiny changes in the atmosphere, which could over time cause a tornado to occur." "The idea is now often stated something to the effect of, 'a butterfly flapping its wings in Tokyo could cause tornadoes in California.'"

"As a result of this sensitivity, the behavior of systems that exhibit chaos appears to be random, even though the model of the system is deterministic in the sense that it is well defined and contains no random parameters. Examples of such systems include the atmosphere, the solar system, plate tectonics, turbulent fluids, economies, and population growth."

http://www.crystalinks.com/chaos.html

www.newscientist.com/article/mg20227125.000-solar-systems-planets-could-spin-out-of-control.html

2:258. Bethink thee of him who had an argument with Abraham about his Lord, because Allah had given him the kingdom; how, when Abraham said: My Lord is He Who giveth life and causeth death, he answered: I give life and cause death. Abraham said: Lo! Allah causeth the sun to rise in the East, so do thou cause it to come up from the West. Thus was the disbeliever abashed. And Allah guideth not wrongdoing folk.

4:165. (We sent) messengers as bringers of good tidings and warners, so that mankind will have no argument against Allah after the messengers; and ever is Allah Exalted in Might and Wise.

23:68. Have they not pondered the Word, or hath that come unto them which came not unto their fathers of old?

23.69. Or know they not their messenger, and so reject him?

23.70. Or say they: There is a madness in him? Nay, but he bringeth them the Truth; and most of them are haters of the Truth.

23.71. And if the Truth had followed their desires, verily the heavens and the earth and whosoever is therein had been corrupted. Nay, We have brought them their Reminder, but from their Reminder they now turn away.

Bub
09-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Brothers, thank you all so MUCH and very good advice masha'Allah i will print some leaflet out for them if they are kept asking and anyway, im doing assembly speech this friday about why i wearing hijab and EID this friday, insha'Allah. Please make a du'a for me, all the best. Might Allah bless you all for your kind respond to my question.

Humbler_359, to answer ur question,
6th form is Mary Hare, yes its in UK LOL and ameen to ur du'a! And thank so much for ur loong answer and the same go for Asim Khan. I hope your well, insha'Allah!

zakirs
09-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Wow nice sis.. how did the speech go :)

Tony
09-16-2009, 07:37 PM
we cannot comprehend the nature of our Creator

Asim Khan
09-16-2009, 11:00 PM
23:71 makes me think about Riaz Ansary's lecture (I think it was Man's Search for Meaning), the part about the importance of the precision of the four fundamental forces. www.simpletoremember.com/articles/a/intelligent-design/ (The Universe as a Fit Habitat)

I actually want to confirm about #4:

"The electromagnetic coupling constant binds electrons to protons in atoms. The characteristics of the orbits of electrons about atoms determines to what degree atoms will bond together to form molecules. If the electromagnetic coupling constant were slightly smaller, no electrons would be held in orbits about nuclei. If it were slightly larger, an atom could not “share” an electron orbit with other atoms. Either way, molecules, and hence life, would be impossible."

slightly smaller: Even visible light would become ionizing like UV and X-rays?
slightly larger: Electrovalent bonding would dominate?

Ramadhan
09-17-2009, 06:41 AM
^^ that is a very good observation. Like so many verses in the Qur'an says:
we only need to look around us, to "read" and observe the nature, to contemplate the numerous signs of our Creator.

Humbler_359
09-17-2009, 07:41 AM

Now......

Let's consider one thing regarding ATOM mentioning in Qur'an.

Most of you know, scientist discovered the concept of an Atom in between 17th -19th century by Greek, most of our school learned recently about ATOM tiny masses (positive or negative charges) and strongly influences everyday and everywhere.

v
V
V
Read Surah Yunus- 10: 60-64

"And what think those who invent lies against Allah, of the Day of Judgement? Verily Allah is full of bounty to mankind, but most of them are ungrateful.

In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be reciting from the Qur'an- and whatever deed ye (mankind) may be doing- We are Witnesses thereof when you are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from the Lord (as much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear Record.

Behold! verily on the friends of Allah there is no fear, nor shall they grieve; Those who believe and (constantly) guard Against Evil- For them are Glad Tidings, in the life of the Present and in the Hereafter: No change can there be in the Words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme Felicity."

Ask question yourself: do you think, do we have very advanced technology to find term weight of 'Atom' 1400 years ago ? Where it come from? Bible or Torah?? or God ?

Bub
09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zakirs

Wow nice sis.. how did the speech go :)
Masha'Allah, speech was so GR8, INFONT of everybody esp vistior !!! ;D Everybody appuled me for the twice times:D!!! Everybody laugh when i explained what pupils asked me a question, "did you shave ur hair, right?"
when i leave the assembly, visitors, teachers and pupils said WELL DONE!!, U did really well! Im understand now... i feel so PROUD of myself, masha'Allah! :D :D

Brothers, u all got good points mashaAllah, I will keep this in mind! Please please make a du's for me. I will do the same for wonderful brothers and sisters on my favourite website!!!:p:statisfie Might Allah bless u all!!

I<3Bush
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Masha'Allah, speech was so GR8, INFONT of everybody esp vistior !!! ;D Everybody appuled me for the twice times:D!!! Everybody laugh when i explained what pupils asked me a question, "did you shave ur hair, right?"
when i leave the assembly, visitors, teachers and pupils said WELL DONE!!, U did really well! Im understand now... i feel so PROUD of myself, masha'Allah! :D :D

Brothers, u all got good points mashaAllah, I will keep this in mind! Please please make a du's for me. I will do the same for wonderful brothers and sisters on my favourite website!!!:p:statisfie Might Allah bless u all!!
MashAllah that is a beautiful thing. Good job on going through with it and standing up to all those people.

Bub
09-18-2009, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by I<3Bush
MashAllah that is a beautiful thing. Good job on going through with it and standing up to all those people.
:D Thank you, i cant stop smile, of course for Allah swt. Might Allah bless u for ur lovely comment. :D

zakirs
09-18-2009, 11:49 PM

Thats brilliant news sis :).Great to know that so many people in you school now understand why people wear hijab :)

Muslim Woman
09-19-2009, 12:17 AM

.. They said the same for a God. Grr, help me out! Many thanks!
a God ? God is not one among many gods . There is ONLY ONE GOD and nobody created Him ; He is the creator of all. Anything that was created is NOT God.

Recite Sura Iklas to them . InshaAllah they will get the answer.

Say (O Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم): "He is Allah, (the) One.

2 "Allah-us-Samad (السيد الذي يصمد إليه في الحاجات) [Allah the Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, (He neither eats nor drinks)].

3 "He begets not, nor was He begotten.

4 "And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him."Listen Quran Recitation

http://www.searchtruth.com/chapter_d...2&translator=5

THE END
09-19-2009, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tony
we cannot comprehend the nature of our Creator
:thumbs_up

Asim Khan
09-19-2009, 02:06 AM
when i leave the assembly, visitors, teachers and pupils said WELL DONE!!, U did really well! Im understand now...
:shade: Wow, mashallah sister! :thumbs_up :D Could you please tell us more details (including the comments) :p how'd you come to speak in the assembly on this (not aware of the system)?

Umm, I have a question, do we say mashallah for something concerning ourself? I know I've heard people say "Our organization has hundreds of volunteers, mashallah.", but for something concerning ourself it kinda feels funny. :)

Bub
09-19-2009, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asim Khan
:shade: Wow, mashallah sister! :thumbs_up :D Could you please tell us more details (including the comments) :p how'd you come to speak in the assembly on this (not aware of the system)?

Umm, I have a question, do we say mashallah for something concerning ourself? I know I've heard people say "Our organization has hundreds of volunteers, mashallah.", but for something concerning ourself it kinda feels funny. :)
Thank you, brother :D Actually, I volunteer to speak out in assembly because lots of people in my school asked me too much questions like
*why did u wear it?
*what made you wear it?
*What happens if you take ur hijab off?
*did u shave ur hair?
*Ur hair was so nice, why cover it?
* Why didnt u wear it before u come to here?

Blah blah so i thought speak in assembly is a perfect opportunity and now everybody understand... with my simply explaining. :D:D

urm, we says masha'allah bec stop from bad/ evil eye, i gusses, mayb sisters and bros can answer ur question :statisfie

Sis, bros thanks for ur comments! Eid is coming SOON Might Allah swt accept our fasts, deeds and du'a... insha'Allah! Remember me in ur du'a! :D

Asim Khan
09-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Oh, I thought some of them were thinking "Muslim women are so opressed". I thought that from being like this they said "I understand now" -- I just had to ask for their full impressions. :p

urm, we says masha'allah bec stop from bad/ evil eye, i gusses, mayb sisters and bros can answer ur question :statisfie
Yup, I was hoping someone could answer and add to both of our knowledge. :smile:

Eid is coming SOON Might Allah swt accept our fasts, deeds and du'a... insha'Allah!
Ameen.

Bub
09-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh, I thought some of them were thinking "Muslim women are so opressed". I thought that from being like this they said "I understand now" -- I just had to ask for their full impressions. :p

Yup, I was hoping someone could answer and add to both of our knowledge. :smile:

Ameen.
:D O noo, i thought it was bec it was new to them/ they were too deep-thinking and i never wear hijab before til 23rd of august LOL

Insha'Allah, im sure masha'Allah stops from evil eye for example, my mother's 1st elder sister brought a gift to her mother (my grandmother, might Allah rest her soul) a beauitful bathroom and then family friend came and she gave the bathroom evil look like jealous and few days later bathroom was damage so masha'Allah stop jinx etc anyway i hope u have a good EID, insha'Allah... dont mean to be nosey but what did u do, bro? Peace :D

Asim Khan
09-21-2009, 04:48 AM
Eid Mubark everybody!

Yesterday was the last fast here (Lahore, Pakistan); got nothing extra special planned but I'm pretty happy, thanks for asking sister. :sunny:

:wasalamex

Bub
09-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Eid Mubark everybody!

Yesterday was the last fast here (Lahore, Pakistan); got nothing extra special planned but I'm pretty happy, thanks for asking sister. :sunny:

:wasalamex
cool, here is the 2nd day of EID... soo ramadaan is officially over! :cry:

no problem, brother!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.