/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Serious problem.. I think

AnonymousPoster
09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
When I was about 19 yrs old, My mum made me swear on Allah swt to not do a certain thing again... (something serious) and I did it again a few weeks later. I broke this oath.

I'm worried that this has been the cause of my problems over the past 12 years.

If I didn't do anything to make up for it, does it mena thats why i have suffered alot? imsad

How can i make up for breaking that oath?:phew

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Caller الداعي
09-15-2009, 05:00 PM
“Allaah will not punish you for what is unintentional in your oaths, but He will punish you for your deliberate oaths; for its expiation (a deliberate oath) feed ten Masaakeen (poor persons), on a scale of the average of that with which you feed your own families, or clothe them or manumit a slave. But whosoever cannot afford (that), then he should fast for three days. That is the expiation for the oaths when you have sworn. And protect your oaths (i.e. do not swear much). Thus Allaah makes clear to you His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) that you may be grateful”

[al-Maa'idah 5:89]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.