/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Read O Little Qari

zircon
09-16-2009, 02:21 AM
just thought of sharing this, i dont know if it even falls under the category of poem or not. too short.

Read O little Qari,
blow my mind away
let that smooth recitation
makes up my gloomy day

Read O little Qari
Remind me of His love
For even if I have to cry
I will always be okay

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hrm
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zircon
just thought of sharing this, i dont know if it even falls under the category of poem or not. too short.

Read O little Qari,
blow my mind away
let that smooth recitation
makes up my gloomy day

Read O little Qari
Remind me of His love
For even if I have to cry
I will always be okay
:sl::statisfie
The above poem is a good effort alright but in my humble opinion the rhymes are not Synchronized. Here I have made some changes to the poem keeping the spirit of Ramadan in mind. I believe the rhymes should be in tune with the subject at hand. Let me know how you feel. Thanks :statisfie:

Read O little Qari
For there might not be another day
Quran recitation should be paramount
For there is no other way

Kind hearted, compassionate, sure of oneself,
This is what a believer should strive to be night and day
You and me would not live longer
A Day would soon come that would blight all days

PS: These days I am trying my hand at writing small poems at the spur of the moment and Alhumduallah it's working out fine :peace:

abdullah_001
09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by hrm
:sl::statisfie
The above poem is a good effort alright but in my humble opinion the rhymes are not Synchronized. Here I have made some changes to the poem keeping the spirit of Ramadan in mind. I believe the rhymes should be in tune with the subject at hand. Let me know how you feel. Thanks :statisfie:

Read O little Qari
For there might not be another day
Quran recitation should be paramount
For there is no other way

Kind hearted, compassionate, sure of oneself,
This is what a believer should strive to be night and day
You and me would not live longer
A Day would soon come that would blight all days

PS: These days I am trying my hand at writing small poems at the spur of the moment and Alhumduallah it's working out fine :peace:
I don't know anything about poems but I think the original posters poem was better. It was short and sweet. While the first stanza was nice in your corrections, the rhyming seemed forced and the second stanza seemed to be completely lost to the gist of the poem which, to me, was "Read, O' little Qari", and the content/message in amount to the actual words of the poem was also lost.

And to Zircon: I like the poem very much, like I said earlier it is short and sweet. If I had to make a correction though, I would change the "makes up my gloomy day" to "make up my gloomy day/s."

:wa:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.