/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has Allah written them for us?

- IqRa -
09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
:salamext:

Are there any Qur'aan verses or hadiths that show that Allah has written who we will end up getting married to?

Regardless of how many complications come in the way or how we will meet the other half, and other stuff that can affect this very important decision we make in our life?

Please respond

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- IqRa -
09-16-2009, 11:33 AM
...:bump:...

- IqRa -
09-16-2009, 03:11 PM
24 views and no one knows??!!

cat eyes
09-16-2009, 11:21 PM
the way i see it is Allah obviously knows our destiny so he will obviously know who we will meet along the way and i believe if Allah did not want us to marry a certain person, and Allah did not want our life to point in a certain direction so some boundaries or problems will come to stop us from being with that person and our life will point in another direction weather we like it or not because its destiny made by Allah i believe that Allah also dose things to teach us a lesson.

we learn from it and we grow stronger through making mistakes for example, it can be possible you marry the wrong person but Allah allows it mabe so if all fails we learn something from it, we grow stronger through jihad. if that makes sense but thats how i believe our creator opperates.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-16-2009, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
good reply post by brother optimist

but the way i see it is Allah obviously knows our destiny so he will obviously know who we will meet along the way and i believe if Allah did not want us to marry a certain person, and Allah did not want our life to point in a certain direction so some boundaries or problems will come to stop us from being with that person and our life will point in another direction weather we like it or not because its destiny made by Allah i believe that Allah also dose things to teach us a lesson.

we learn from it and we grow stronger through making mistakes for example, it can be possible you marry the wrong person but Allah allows it mabe so if all fails we learn something from it, we grow stronger through jihad. if that makes sense but thats how i believe our creator opperates.
Great Response. I totally agree. Everything happens for a reason. Allah knows whats in our destiny...however i dont personally think Allah has chosen our partners...but we need evidence to back this point up.

Ramadhan
09-17-2009, 06:37 AM
I cant remember which hadist, but it is said that the only things written for us is when we are born, when we die, our rizqi (fortune), and whether we we live happily or wretchedly.

so definitely no concept of "soulmate" in Islam, and whom we marry to is also not written.

I'll try to look it up again.

- IqRa -
09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
So after all that, the final answer is that it is NOT written whom we will marry?

Danah
09-17-2009, 11:07 AM
^ how come?

Allah knows every single thing that will happen to you, it's all written in the preserved tablet (lawh-al-ma7food)
There is nothing like he know this but not that
Sis, refer back to Quran and read those ayaat that talk about qadar and how the knowledge of Allah include everything

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2009, 11:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by optimist
Salam,

Allah has not pre-written whom we will end up getting married to. If someone argues in this way, it would mean Allah has written someone will end up divorcing someone and we know there are thousands of people who are unable to marry due to poverty and many other reasons and it would mean that Allah has written that so and so people will end up not marrying anyone. Such ideas are completely wrong.
Just to comment on this, Allah has written who we will get married to but this is knowledge that is hidden from us in 'Al-Lawh Al-Mahfuz' (The Preserved Tablet). Everything that takes place is by the decree of Allah and nothing can escape it and yes Allah has written for people to get divorced and the high divorce rates are due to His will. How else would such things take place if Allah hasn't willed so?

- IqRa -
09-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Allah has got the knowledge, yes, I'm not denying that. But is it PRE DESTINED whom we will marry? Or do we make that choice?

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2009, 11:34 AM
People posting on this thread seem to have grave misunderstandings regarding Qadar of Allah (i.e. the Will or Decree of Allah).

It should be pointed out here that nothing happens in the heavens and the earth except that it has happened by the Will of Allah. To say that things happen without the Will of Allah is to say that Allah is ignorant of so-and-so, and we cannot attribute ignorance to Allah. To believe in Qadr is a part of faith and ones belief is not valid unless we believe in the four aspects of Qadar. They are as follows:

1 – Belief that Allah knows all things, in general terms and in detail, from eternity to eternity. Not a single atom is unknown to Him in the heavens or on earth.

2 – Belief that Allah has decreed all things in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (The Preserved Tablet), fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth.

3 – Belief that the will of Allah is irresistable and His decree is comprehensive, so nothing happens in this universe, good or bad, but by His will.

4 – Belief that all that exists was created by Allah. He is the Creator of all beings and the Creator of their attributes and actions, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

Such is Allaah, your Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Creator of all things [al-An’aam 6:102]

There is much more to Qadar then this and it is an integral part of belief to believe that everything that happens is because of the Will of Allah and had it not been His Will then so-and-so thing will not take place.

'Abd-al Latif
09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Allah has got the knowledge, yes, I'm not denying that. But is it PRE DESTINED whom we will marry? Or do we make that choice?
Yes of course it's predestined, this is qadar.

- IqRa -
09-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Jazaak Allaah Khayr, that explains it. So if it is the Will of Allaah, it will happen, regardless of how many complications come in the way, or if you by your own knowledge cannot see it happening?

And if it is not destined for you, du'a can change that, right?

Al-Hanbali
09-17-2009, 12:03 PM
^ something that may be relevant:

With regards to the writing down of Qadr, there are a number of writings that take place/have been made:

1. Writing in the law7 al-ma7foodh (preserved tablet); written down 50000 years before the creation of the heavens of the earth. This can NEVER change.
2. Writing that takes place once a year.
3. Writing that takes place every day.
4. Writing that takes place when a person in the womb of his mother. (hadeeth 4 of al-arba’een).

So when we read ahadeeth that mentioning that du’a/keeping ties of kinship change rizq etc, this refers to the daily writing down and the writing down that takes place in the womb - these are subject to change. However, it does not mean that what is written in law7 al-mahfoodh changes

Why this occurs? It is from the wisdom/action of Allaah and from the intricate details of Qadr, that which we don’t delve in to and ask about.

WaAllaahu A'lam.

THE END
09-17-2009, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Saifur-Rahmaan
^ something that may be relevant:

With regards to the writing down of Qadr, there are a number of writings that take place/have been made:

1. Writing in the law7 al-ma7foodh (preserved tablet); written down 50000 years before the creation of the heavens of the earth. This can NEVER change.
2. Writing that takes place once a year.
3. Writing that takes place every day.
4. Writing that takes place when a person in the womb of his mother. (hadeeth 4 of al-arba’een).

So when we read ahadeeth that mentioning that du’a/keeping ties of kinship change rizq etc, this refers to the daily writing down and the writing down that takes place in the womb - these are subject to change. However, it does not mean that what is written in law7 al-mahfoodh changes

Why this occurs? It is from the wisdom/action of Allaah and from the intricate details of Qadr, that which we don’t delve in to and ask about.

WaAllaahu A'lam.
am i right in thinking then that the final draft of writings 2,3 and 4 will be identical to preserved tablets on the day of judgment?

Rabi Mansur
09-17-2009, 12:57 PM
What about the Torah? Go ask an Orthodox Jewish Rabi to look at the Torah Code and maybe something will come up.

- IqRa -
09-17-2009, 01:09 PM
.....sorry?

Al-Hanbali
09-17-2009, 01:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END
am i right in thinking then that the final draft of writings 2,3 and 4 will be identical to preserved tablets on the day of judgment?
Yup, it will concur with what is written down in al-law7 al-ma7foodh.

WaAllaahu A'lam.

MSalman
09-17-2009, 02:41 PM
as-salamu alaykum

Belief in Qadr (Divine Decree)

optimist
09-17-2009, 03:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
People posting on this thread seem to have grave misunderstandings regarding Qadar of Allah (i.e. the Will or Decree of Allah).

It should be pointed out here that nothing happens in the heavens and the earth except that it has happened by the Will of Allah. To say that things happen without the Will of Allah is to say that Allah is ignorant of so-and-so, and we cannot attribute ignorance to Allah. To believe in Qadr is a part of faith and ones belief is not valid unless we believe in the four aspects of Qadar. They are as follows:

1 – Belief that Allah knows all things, in general terms and in detail, from eternity to eternity. Not a single atom is unknown to Him in the heavens or on earth.

2 – Belief that Allah has decreed all things in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (The Preserved Tablet), fifty thousand years before He created the heavens and the earth.

3 – Belief that the will of Allah is irresistable and His decree is comprehensive, so nothing happens in this universe, good or bad, but by His will.

4 – Belief that all that exists was created by Allah. He is the Creator of all beings and the Creator of their attributes and actions, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

Such is Allaah, your Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Creator of all things [al-An’aam 6:102]

There is much more to Qadar then this and it is an integral part of belief to believe that everything that happens is because of the Will of Allah and had it not been His Will then so-and-so thing will not take place.
Salam,

Are you telling me there is "COMPULSION" in every happenings? Then tell me the meaning of the following verses.

When Muslims faced set back in Uhud and when they pondered upon the setback ‘ How did it happen?’, Allah’s says clearly: “Tell, (them O Prophet!), that was from your own selves.” (3:165).

Quran says at another place.

“There is no tragedy which befalls you but as result of your own handiwork” (42:30).

Here is a report from Umar (r), when a plaugue broke out, he suggested to move out of the town to a nearby safe place. At that moment Abu Obaida commented, “You are trying to escape Allah’s law?”. “Yes”, Omar replied, “I am escaping from His (one) law to His (other) law,”

Why Umar replied in this way?

Quran narrates the infidels comment: ‘How can we enrich those who are poor by Allah’s will?”. The Quran’s response to that is : “surely, you are in grave ignorance!” (36/47).

Are you challeging the above verse which clearly says people become poor not because Allah willed it?

wassalam

optimist
09-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Jazaak Allaah Khayr, that explains it. So if it is the Will of Allaah, it will happen, regardless of how many complications come in the way, or if you by your own knowledge cannot see it happening?

And if it is not destined for you, du'a can change that, right?
Salam,

If Allah wills each and everything it means there is no free will for man. Man will be like animals.

wassalam

optimist
09-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Allah has set standards / measures to everything in the universe. These laws govern the creation, growth and death (or transformation) of all things.

Through a simple real time example this point could be explained. Recently an incident is reported from southern part of India, Kerala at a place called Kasarcode, where the government-owned plantation corporation, a few years before, aerially sprayed endosulfan pesticide (this is banned in several countries at the moment) in an area of nearly 5000 acres.

Today the villagers who live close to the plantation are paying the price, average one in a family is born with physical deformities, and the area is dotted with tragedy struck families battling physical deformities, cancers and disorders of the central nervous system. It is not that these people were pre-destined to be born in this way, but this happened according to measures and standards set by Allah in this universe. "Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High Who hath created, and further, given order and proportion; Who hath ordained laws."(87:1-3)

See how true is the verse which states; “There is no tragedy which befalls you but as result of your own handiwork” (42:30).

Danah
09-17-2009, 03:26 PM
^ There is a difference between the knowledge of Allah and the freedom of choice brother
Don't mix up things please

Edit: This was directed to ur previous post not ur last one bro optimist, we both posted at the same time

AnonymousPoster
09-17-2009, 03:28 PM
ok lets get to the POINT

ARE THEY WRITTEN OR NOT. if so please could you quote backup to prove it. Very controversial topic.

optimist
09-17-2009, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danah
^ There is a difference between the knowledge of Allah and the freedom of choice brother
Don't mix up things please
Salam,

I hope this question is directed to those who say Allahs knowledge means his decision and will. Yes, there is a big difference. Nothing happens in this world without the knowledge of Allah. Allah knows also if a man using his free will does so and so things the the consequences will be so and so and Allah has set natural consequences. Man is free to choose his action but is not free to change the natural consequences of that action. Everyday occurrences like fire burns if you touch it and water quenches your thirst are evident examples of this. That is why Allah will eventually hold Man responsible for his actions’. Each and every occurrence in the physical universe, as well as Man’s social world, takes place under determined laws enacted by Allah.

Wassalam

THE END
09-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Salam,

Are you telling me there is "COMPULSION" in every happenings? Then tell me the meaning of the following verses.

When Muslims faced set back in Uhud and when they pondered upon the setback ‘ How did it happen?’, Allah’s says clearly: “Tell, (them O Prophet!), that was from your own selves.” (3:165).

Quran says at another place.

“There is no tragedy which befalls you but as result of your own handiwork” (42:30).

Here is a report from Umar (r), when a plaugue broke out, he suggested to move out of the town to a nearby safe place. At that moment Abu Obaida commented, “You are trying to escape Allah’s law?”. “Yes”, Omar replied, “I am escaping from His (one) law to His (other) law,”

Why Umar replied in this way?

Quran narrates the infidels comment: ‘How can we enrich those who are poor by Allah’s will?”. The Quran’s response to that is : “surely, you are in grave ignorance!” (36/47).

Are you challeging the above verse which clearly says people become poor not because Allah willed it?

wassalam
Qadr is a fascinating and a very deap ocean many people have drowned.
Can we do anything against allahs (swt) will?

also i have just read ibn kathir tafsirs on the 36/47 it contradicts your interpretation of the verse.

optimist
09-17-2009, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
ok lets get to the POINT

ARE THEY WRITTEN OR NOT. if so please could you quote backup to prove it. Very controversial topic.
Salam,

Let us, then, try to see what does it mean "WRITTEN".

At one place in Quran Allah says ‘Strive to get whatever Allah has written for you."(2:187). If someone thing is already written why strive to get it? So the meaning of "WRITTEN" is not a predestined situation. I will expain to you the point.

First I will quote a verse Verse 57:22 where Allah says Allah has "written in a book" “No calamity comes to your society or self which had not been written in a book before We created this Universe”.

According to the way we understand it would mean a pre-determined situation. But Quran says in Sura Shura: “There is no calamity which befalls you but as result of your own handiwork” (42:30). Also Sura Aale-Imran states that when they (people) are struck by an affliction, they wonder where it came from (أنى هـذا) - ‘ Tell them: “it is of your own doing” (3:164).

The Quran doesn’t contradict itself:

The term written in a book does not refer to a predetermined situation. Here is the evidence.

1. Sura Nisa uses the word Kitab for prohibition of marriage to certain relatives. (4:24) كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ Yousuf Ali has translated as “Thus hath Allah ordained (Prohibitions) against you”, meaning thereby that he translates kitab as ‘order’.

2. Sura Baqara uses the word kitab in (2:235). Yousuf Ali translates the verse thus: “nor resolve on the tie of marriage till the term prescribed is fulfilled” حَتَّىٰ يَبْلُغَ الْكِتَابُ أَجَلَهُ Hence ‘kitab’ has been translated as ‘prescribed’ i.e., prescribed by Allah. This is His order, decision or LAW.

3. “prayers are enjoined on believers at stated (prescribed) times.” (4:103)
فَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ إِنَّ الصَّلَاةَ كَانَتْ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ كِتَابًا مَوْقُوتًا

4. “In it (the Quran) there are established laws (kutub)”. (98/3)

5.“About lonely women: “You don’t give them what has been determined (by law - kuteba) for them”. (4/12)

6. Sura An’aam talks about Allah’s knowledge encompassing the Universe - every leaf which falls off a tree, grains in the darkness of the earth, good and bad, dry and wet - everything is in ‘the clear book’ (6:59). Obviously, the book here means the laws of the physical universe.

7. Sura Aal-Imran talks about the ‘established’ regulations given in clear-cut terms (as compared to the ‘similes and, examples’ to give universal truths). These ‘established’ (محكمات ) are referred to as ‘mother of the book’ (3:6), ‘Mother of the book’ means Allah’s knowledge which is absolutely comprehensive -- “Don’t you know that Allah knows what ever is there in the skies and the earth? That (knowledge) is in a book” (22:70), says Sura Hajj. Elsewhere, it is referred to as “the clear book” (27:75).

Therefore, each and every occurrence in the physical universe, as well as Man’s social world, takes place under determined laws enacted by Allah, which is referred as “the book”.

Allah has pre-determined laws not only for calamities but also for alleviating them. For example, fire burns, but balm soothes. The words ‘whatever Allah has written for us’ do not mean our pre-determined fate but whatever law has already been established. Fore example, see (2:187) where it says:‘Strive to get whatever Allah has written for you. “obviously, ‘written’ in this verse does not mean pre-determined fate’ because that is inevitable and, as such, does not require any effort to get.

Wassalam

optimist
09-17-2009, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by THE END
also i have just read ibn kathir tafsirs on the 36/47 it contradicts your interpretation of the verse.
Salam,

I quote five Quran translation for this verse.

And when they are told, "Spend ye of (the bounties) with which Allah has provided you," the Unbelievers say to those who believe: "Shall we then feed those whom, if Allah had so willed, He would have fed, (Himself)?- Ye are in nothing but manifest error." (Yousuf Ali)

And when it is said to them: Spend out of what Allah has given you, those who disbelieve say to those who believe: Shall we feed him whom, if Allah please, He could feed? You are in naught but clear error.(M.H.Shakir)

And when it is said unto them: Spend of that wherewith Allah hath provided you, those who disbelieve say unto those who believe: Shall we feed those whom Allah, if He willed, would feed? Ye are in naught else than error manifest.(Pickthall)

And when it is said to them: "Spend of that with which Allah has provided you," those who disbelieve say to those who believe: "Shall we feed those whom, if Allah willed, He (Himself) would have fed? You are only in a plain error."(Mohsin Khan)

Thus, when they are told, "Spend on others out of what God has provided for you as sustenance," those who are bent on denying the truth say unto those who believe, "Shall we feed anyone whom, if [your] God had so willed, He could have fed [Himself]? Clearly, you are but lost in error!"(Mohammed Asad)

Wassalam

IbnAbdulHakim
09-17-2009, 03:52 PM
make dua for the best to happen and relax

stressing over stuff like this aint helping no one - especially you !

Assalamu Alaikum

Danah
09-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Salam,

I hope this question is directed to those who say Allahs knowledge means his decision and will. Yes, there is a big difference. Nothing happens in this world without the knowledge of Allah. Allah knows also if a man using his free will does so and so things the the consequences will be so and so and Allah has set natural consequences. Man is free to choose his action but is not free to change the natural consequences of that action. Everyday occurrences like fire burns if you touch it and water quenches your thirst are evident examples of this. That is why Allah will eventually hold Man responsible for his actions’. Each and every occurrence in the physical universe, as well as Man’s social world, takes place under determined laws enacted by Allah.

Wassalam
Then can you please explain how your two comments do compliment each other when u just said this:

Allah has not pre-written whom we will end up getting married to. If someone argues in this way, it would mean Allah has written someone will end up divorcing someone and we know there are thousands of people who are unable to marry due to poverty and many other reasons and it would mean that Allah has written that so and so people will end up not marrying anyone. Such ideas are completely wrong.
I am a bit confused :hmm:

optimist
09-17-2009, 04:12 PM
Then can you please explain how your two comments do compliment each other when u just said this:
Salam,

It is erroneous to conclud that Allah can know Man’s future only if the future is pre-determined. In simpler words, Man is capable of exercising his free will and to change his decisions. Allah knows what decisions Man is going to take. Therefore, Man does not know his own future actions whereas Allah does (know man’s future actions). Allah has given free will to Man to choose from two possibilities. Man is free to choose one of the two paths but is NOT free to choose the destination (result). This fact (law) is unchangeable. He can choose an action but has to bear its consequence (pre-ordained by Allah) for each action. This is the Law of Results of Action, which is constant and firm. ‘Ye shall reap what ye shall sow’ is the fundamental basis of life.

Wassalam

Danah
09-17-2009, 04:12 PM
and to answer the question of the thread starter.....

Are rizq (provision) and marriage written in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz?.

Praise be to Allaah.

Everything from when Allaah created the Pen until the Day of Resurrection is written in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz, because when Allaah first created the Pen, He said to it: “Write.” It said: “My Lord, what should I write?” He said: “Write what is to be. So at that moment it began to write what would be until the Day of Resurrection. And it is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) that when the foetus in its mother’s womb is four months old, Allaah sends an angel to breathe the soul into it and write down its provision, its lifespan and its deeds, and whether it is doomed or blessed.
Provision is also written down and connected to its means, and it does not increase or decrease. Among those means are that man should work to seek provision, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“He it is Who has made the earth subservient to you (i.e. easy for you to walk, to live and to do agriculture on it); so walk in the path thereof and eat of His provision. And to Him will be the Resurrection”
[al-Mulk 67:15]

Other means are:
upholding ties of kinship, such as honouring one’s parents and upholding ties with relatives. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever would like his provision to be abundant and his lifespan to be extended, let him uphold his ties of kinship.”
Fearing Allaah (taqwa), as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).
3. And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things”
[al-Talaaq 65:2-3]
Do not say “Provision is foreordained and limited and I will not do any of the things that lead to it,” because this is helplessness; smartness and resolve mean striving to seek provision and that which will benefit you in religious and worldly terms. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The smart man is the one who takes stock of himself and strives to do that which will benefit him after death, and the helpless one is the one who follows his own whims and desires and engages in wishful thinking, (assuming that Allaah will forgive him regardless of what he does and that he does not need to strive to good deeds).”
Just as provision is written and connected to its means, so too marriage is also written and preordained. For both spouses it is written that he or she will be the spouse of this particular person. Nothing is hidden from Allaah on earth or in heaven. End quote.

And Allaah knows best.
Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him)

Fataawa Noor ‘ala al-Darb (p. 36).
source: islam-qa.com

Danah
09-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Salam,

It is erroneous to conclud that Allah can know Man’s future only if the future is pre-determined.
sorry brother but I am really confused now, you are saying the totally opposite thing to what you said in your old post that I quoted.

and now you said that its not only because the future is pre-determined that Allah know our future.......Is there any other reasons for that you are trying to say?

Its because of the future being pre-determined by him only since he is the all knowledgeable the all knowing that know every single thing in this world

optimist
09-17-2009, 04:30 PM
sorry brother but I am really confused now, you are saying the totally opposite thing to what you said in your old post that I quoted.

and now you said that its not only because the future is pre-determined that Allah know our future.......Is there any other reasons for that you are trying to say?

Its because of the future being pre-determined by him only since he is the all knowledgeable the all knowing that know every single thing in this world
Salam,

Oh....please don't misunderstand what I am saying......Man has got freewill to choose any path of his choise. But the result of his action action is pre-determined by Allah. Everyday occurrences like fire burns if you touch it but balm soothes, water quenches your thirst, A flame burns anyone - believer or non-believer alike, poison kills both, etc. Tilling land according to sound agricultural knowledge brings good harvest to everyone. This is applicable every aspects of a mans life, in the physical world as well as in the social world, as per the prescribed laws (pre-determined laws) of Allah.

This point is illustrated by a story about Omar (r), I quoted earlier. When plague broke out, he suggested moving out of the town to a nearby forest. Abu Obaida commented, “You are trying to escape Allah’s law?”. “Yes”, Omar replied, “I am escaping from His (one) law to His (other) law,”. If one stays in a plague-infected area, death comes according to God’s taqdeer (law). But, if one leaves the epidemic-affected environment for cleaner, safer ground, death is avoided according to Allah’s ‘taqdeer’ (law). The choice between the two ‘taqdeers (laws) is entirely Man’s own. Incidenly Abu Obaida ignored the advice of Umar and he got infected with plague and died

Wassalam

Danah
09-17-2009, 04:40 PM
^ I dont want examples that has nothing to do with what I am asking about, I wanna know what else you think that make our future known by Allah other than the future being pre-destined?

anyways..........going to pray Taraweeh now

optimist
09-17-2009, 05:08 PM
^ I dont want examples that has nothing to do with what I am asking about, I wanna know what else you think that make our future known by Allah other than the future being pre-destined?

anyways..........going to pray Taraweeh now
Salam,

I already told you that it is an erroneous belief to conclude that Allah can know Man’s future only if the future is pre-determined. Allah knows what man will do using the freewill he has given to man. A man is taking poison not because Allah willed it, but if someone take poison he will die. This result is the one pre-determined by Allah, not the fact of someone taking poison. If you are telling me that if so and so person took poison and died because Allah pre-determined so and so people shoud take poison and die, you are wrong.

wassalam

cat eyes
09-17-2009, 05:39 PM
surely if a girl ends up marrying a guy who came all the way from the other side of the world to her country and the chances of him of getting that visa were slim as it usually is then surely that had to be written down for them to meet and then get married:><::popcorn:

Salahudeen
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
This thread has confused me like mad :(

AnonymousPoster
09-17-2009, 09:05 PM
YOU LOT ARE JUST MAKING THINGS COMPLICATED n driving ppl mad

Ok everything is 'written' ofcourse everything is written Allah knows everything.

However, does he choose the ppl we marry? or is that free will?

You know how we cant choose our gender - thats becuase Allah chose what gender we gonna be - we have no control.

So as for marriage - do we choose that person or Did Allah will that person for you.

Ansariyah
09-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Allah decreed but u will do what he knows u will do.

AnonymousPoster
09-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Meaning..

ALLAH has not chosen out partners and we choose them - But Allah knows who we will end up with.

The why do people say women are made from a man's rib... and when Allah created Soul he split it into two? Then shouldnt we technically believe in soul mates and Allah therefore has made our spouses for us.

khadija20
09-18-2009, 12:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif

agree:statisfie

Alphadude
09-18-2009, 12:28 AM
interesting question and comments

Eliphaz
09-18-2009, 01:09 AM
I find this kind of stuff really fascinating, qadr, taqdeer, the Preserved Tablet. A lot of stuff I didn't know much about so thanks to the knowledgable members for teaching us all something here.

I would also add that from my own limited perspective on the subject way down here in ignorance land, time itself is created riight? I mean the 6 days the earth was created in are not 6 "days" as in our understanding but 6 eras/epochs of some other kind. I think this is one of those things that we can never really get our heads around due to being silly humans! :hiding:

How does

"Allah blots out what he wills and conforms (what he wills): and with Him is the mother of the book (i.e. book of conclusive records).” ( 13:39)

figure into all this?

Does this mean that the Preserved Tablet is written, but can be amended as Allah sees fit, depending on our actions, such as duas and repetance? :exhausted

//-Asif-\\
09-18-2009, 01:44 AM
From my reading on the issue I remember a while back reading an article on Islam's stance on dating and in that article there were statistics of divorce and cheating, infidelity and the like which is tied to the failure of being patient with Allah's will. Cited verses in the Qur'an are included which instruct people to maintain chastity until marriage as the best thing to do.

The most interesting aspects of the article were that:
  • Allah is in control of everything and that includes who you'll end up with.
  • You do have that soulmate that Allah has deemed for you to be with when the right time comes so you're instructed to be patient, build your relationship with Allah and get your life on track spiritually and directionwise before considering a mate. Once you have demonstrated your readiness toward marriage that's basically when Allah will bring that special someone into your life be it slow and methodical or spontaneously. Allah has written before you were even born that you would be tied to some partner along with other things that are destined for you in this life. But that's where free will pops in. If you decide to rush the process by dating, hooking up and jumping from relationship to relationship you may never be able to meet that soulmate.
  • America is sited statistically as having extremely high divorce rates, depression due to relationships, cheating, adultery and the like. That's because people have rushed the process and got into relationships with someone they were not meant to be with. All that'll do is make them miserable eventually and in turn leads to failed relationships which leads to the cheating, divorce and ruined families to begin with. All because of the lack of patience for Allah's Qadar to come through.

AlbanianMuslim
09-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Well said Brother Asif!

I think he gave the best answer so far, thread closed? I think so, but thats up to the mods. :)

optimist
09-18-2009, 08:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
YOU LOT ARE JUST MAKING THINGS COMPLICATED n driving ppl mad

Ok everything is 'written' ofcourse everything is written Allah knows everything.

However, does he choose the ppl we marry? or is that free will?

You know how we cant choose our gender - thats becuase Allah chose what gender we gonna be - we have no control.

So as for marriage - do we choose that person or Did Allah will that person for you.
Salam,

It is we who chooose the ppl we marry. One simple question. In the Quran Allah gives a big list of people whom we are prohibited to marry (4:22-24). Quran also says don't marry polytheists and idol worshipers. We know it is perfectly under once freedom of choice to follow these instruction. There are many people in the world who violate these direction. Suppose if someone willfully disobey this command and marry someone who is prohibited by Allah, Is Allah is responsible for this? In that case anyone who willfully violate the order of Allah can simply make a defense saying that "it is because Allah willed for me so and so girl I got married and therefore I am not responsible for marrying so and so girl, it is Allah who is responsible. Such arguements are completely baseless.

Wassalam

- IqRa -
09-18-2009, 08:01 AM
My brain hurts.

optimist
09-18-2009, 08:27 AM
My brain hurts.
Salam,

There is no need brother......the only thing is that we have remove all prejudiced notion from our mind. Man has the freedom of choice - as opposed to the rest of the Universe which is bound and forced to obey Nature’s laws. The Quran says in (90:10): “ And We showed him two paths”. Also, (in 76:3): “We have guided him to the right path. It is upto him now to accept or reject it.” It is further elaborated in 18:29: “Tell that Right (has arrived) from your Preserver. It is upto you now to accept or reject it”.

“If We had wanted (all men to forcibly follow Our way), We would have provided guidance to each single person….. “ (33:13). People have complete freedom of choice to accept or reject the guidance to the right path (18:29). The aim is to develop human qualities and test the use of free will (5:48-49). Men can resolve their differences by willfully and freely choosing the right path. It will NOT be forced upon them (11:118-119). In that case men would have been like stones or animals, NOT human!

Allah says to men: “Do whatever you will” (41:40). Restricted in choice But this (41:40) goes further. It says: “Do whatever you wish. Surely, whatever you do (will bear a result, as it) is watched by Him”. That is: your are free to do whatever you wish but not free to alter the natural result of that action, You can’t follow path A and expect to end up at the other end of path B. (or you can’t swallow a pinch of poison and expect it to behave like a lump of sugar. Every action has a set reaction. You can initiate and trigger a law which then follows its natural course. Allah is the Absolute Power that formulated, and established laws for all things in the universe, exercising absolute control, whether it is in the physical world or in the social life. For instance, salt has a salty taste because Allah wanted it so and made it so. If He had formulated salt to be with a sweet taste, it would have been sweet. Can Allah change the taste of salt from salty to sweet? The answer to that is: Yes, He can but He won’t, because He has pledged NOT to make changes in laws He has established according to His will

This gives rise to the argument that a ‘law abiding Allah’ ceases to be the ‘all-powerful Allah’. But this is misleading. One does not cease to have power if one submits to a law voluntarily. For instance, if you are made to, against your will, have a daily 3- mile early morning walk, you are forced. But if you decide to do it, on your own accord, you are free. One who keeps promises and adopts certain principles in life, is not powerless. On the contrary, such a person is termed a man of honor, upholder of principles and reliable. Therefore, Allah doesn’t lose any power by binding himself in His own Laws. In fact, such a Allah is worthy of being Allah. He is a Allah who can be trusted because His laws are reliable. Despite having the power to do so, He doesn’t break laws.

Wassalam

- IqRa -
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
I still can't see what the answer is.

AnonymousPoster
09-18-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree T I A

LOL

some say Allah has chosen that partner for us .. some say its a choice up to the individual. Still theres conflicting answeres....

ANYONE ELSE.......

AnonymousPoster
09-18-2009, 12:53 PM
IM confusedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

anonymous
09-18-2009, 01:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
make dua for the best to happen and relax

stressing over stuff like this aint helping no one - especially you !

Assalamu Alaikum
^^^ What he said.

And to the people who want answers, look on the first page of this thread. It has already been explained. It seems pretty straight forward to me. Here are three links pretty much saying what has been said already.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20806
http://espanol.islamweb.net/ver2/Fat...Option=FatwaId
http://www.islamonline.net/LiveFatwa...GuestID=656QS5

I<3Bush
09-18-2009, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
^^^ What he said.

And to the people who want answers, look on the first page of this thread. It has already been explained. It seems pretty straight forward to me. Here are three links pretty much saying what has been said already.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20806
http://espanol.islamweb.net/ver2/Fat...Option=FatwaId
http://www.islamonline.net/LiveFatwa...GuestID=656QS5
Hm thats weird.. It posted under an anonymous account when I was under my regular account.

AnonymousPoster
09-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Like all matters, marriage and divorce are among the things that Allaah predestined for man before his creation. A man will not marry anyone except the woman Allaah has predestined for him, nor will their marriage continue if Allaah had decreed their separation.

Ok therefore Allah has.

Think we got our answeres here brothes and sisters.

Cabdullahi
09-18-2009, 02:03 PM
we did get an answer but it was unsatisfying for some that why the confusion

if you trying to marry hasan and hasan is disinterested then you'll probably never get hasan,move on and consider other brothers....ali's , mohammed's and so on

Ramadhan
09-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I like optimist' explanation best.
Jazakallah khair!

- IqRa -
09-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Therefore, marriage is obviously predestined and Allah has written that we will get married, have children, and when people choose their spouses they achieve and meet what Allah has willed.

Source

Like all matters, marriage and divorce are among the things that Allaah predestined for man before his creation. A man will not marry anyone except the woman Allaah has predestined for him, nor will their marriage continue if Allaah had decreed their separation.

Source

Marriage is one of the things that Allaah has decreed. The person whom you will marry is known to Allaah: He knows who he is, when he was born, where and when he will die, how he will be towards you, and other details. All of that is known to Allaah and He has written it in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Book of Decrees), and it will inevitably come to pass as Allaah has decreed.

If Allaah has decreed that you will marry one person, but you choose someone else, then no matter how long it takes, you will marry that person.
But your marriage to someone else is also decreed, because there is nothing that is not decreed by Allaah. It may be decreed for a woman to marry So and so the son of So and so, and he comes to propose marriage but she refuses him, and marries someone else, then he (the second man) dies or divorces her, then she accepts the first one. All of that is decreed, and it is decreed for her to marry So and so the son of So and so after initially refusing him and after some experience or trials etc.

Source

-----------

Answer to the original question has been found.

Mods...

:threadclo

Jazaak Allaah Khayr

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.