/* */

PDA

View Full Version : moving to turkey?

AnonymousPoster
09-16-2009, 01:03 PM
:sl:

I'm going to get married soon inshaAllah, i was born and raised in the west. My fiance is turkish i was thinking to move to turkey and live there. I told him that I would like to live there instead of living in the west, I imagine that life there is quite simple and ofcourse turkey is a beautiful country. My fiance is worried that my parents might blame him for distancing me from them, & that once we start living there i might be upset and miss my family & regret living there. Inshaallah i wont i can always visit my family, and they can visit me too. My parents are quite young & fit, but i have told them that they can come live with me wherever i make my home i want to look after them..but i do have 10 siblings & am one of the youngest so they're not alone alhamdulilah.: D

one good thing is that im multi'lingual and i can learn fast, im sure i will learn the language pretty fast inshallah.

Please tell me what its like living in turkey! The ups & downs, the side to sides all of it i wanna know.

:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabi Mansur
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Wish I knew more about Turkey. I do have some friends who lived there for awhile and loved it. I have heard good things about it. Hope it works out for you!

Güven
09-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Wich city are you planning to move?

Santoku
09-16-2009, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

I'm going to get married soon inshaAllah, i was born and raised in the west. My fiance is turkish i was thinking to move to turkey and live there. I told him that I would like to live there instead of living in the west, I imagine that life there is quite simple and ofcourse turkey is a beautiful country. My fiance is worried that my parents might blame him for distancing me from them, & that once we start living there i might be upset and miss my family & regret living there. Inshaallah i wont i can always visit my family, and they can visit me too. My parents are quite young & fit, but i have told them that they can come live with me wherever i make my home i want to look after them..but i do have 10 siblings & am one of the youngest so they're not alone alhamdulilah.: D

one good thing is that im multi'lingual and i can learn fast, im sure i will learn the language pretty fast inshallah.

Please tell me what its like living in turkey! The ups & downs, the side to sides all of it i wanna know.

Good luck to you, I have lived there for a while but the language is not easy to learn, also you get the PKK having fun occasionally, a lot more than you hear in the news here. Also the country is secular and determinedly so, so don't go looking for the remnants of the Caliphate. Apart from that, the people are lovely (just ask my wife) and friendly, as long as you are not Greek.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bub
09-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Masha'Allah, i went to turkey last summer for a week break, its soo beauitful country! its the best hoils i ever have had, masha'Allah and i loved it very much and the stuff is so cheap, masha'Allah! I hope u enjoy ur life as a wife, insha'Allah

syriana
09-20-2009, 02:48 AM
the move could cause some tension between families even if your husband is willing to go, he might resent you later on. Starting somewhere from scratch is not an easy task.

Rasema
09-20-2009, 03:06 AM

Turks and us Bosnians get along really well. I think that it is similar to Bosnia but prettier since Bosnia was destroyed recently. Istambul is one of the prettiest cities, I think. Turkey is full of people, markets etc..you'll like it.Turks are very welcoming. I think that they will welcome you since you're new.

This is a good advantage to move to an Islamic country. It is very important that every Muslim moves to a Muslim country. Do they rule by Shria?
If not, I would make my partner move to a country ruled by the Qur'an. Remember that our only goal is the satisfaction of our Lord the Alemin.

I'm sure that there it'll be much easier to practice Islam.
As we get older our life getts harder. Make sure that in all occasions you always remember Allah.

Arabic is the language Allah chose for us though. Not that it is superior to Turkish(I don't think they speak Arabic) it's so that it unites the believers. Imagine going to hajj and all of us praying in our native languages,chaos!!

May Allah, the Wise, keep you safe and strong in deen.

AnonymousPoster
09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Wich city are you planning to move?
we were thinking of ankara

Güven
09-29-2009, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
we were thinking of ankara
hmm Ankara? nice.

Im not very fond of big cities though but that's just me...anyway,

First of all turkish people are very friendly and welcoming , so you shouldnt worry that you wont be welcomed because im 99% sure you WILL be welcomed. :D

Ankara is a beautiful city with a rich history, there are some beautiful historic places that are located there and some other awesome touristic places.

the Muslim community is very active in Ankara for all I know.

everything is cheap! Lots of delicious FOOD! :p:

The disadvantages are that turkey is a secular country, Ok most of the turks are muslims but unfortunately a lot of them have a western mind.

Ankara is a LARGE city, the second largest city of Turkey ( after Istanbul) and also the capital, that means that the political activity would be also very high.

If your fiance has a good and stable job then you guys wouldnt have much to worry imo.

Try to move close to the central mosque , I believe the nicest place would be there. :D

Cabdullahi
09-30-2009, 10:40 AM
i believe ankara has the best kebabs your husbands goona love it!

Güven
09-30-2009, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i believe ankara has the best kebabs your husbands goona love it!
no , a city called "Gaziantep" has the most delicious kebabs of whole turkey imo.
Most famous kebabs and other foods like "Lahmacun" and "cig köfte" comes from there, their food are usually spicy and tasty.
But don't worry you will of course find most of the food of all turkey in the capital, Ankara.

Man you made me hungry again. stop talking about food from now on.:exhausted

GuestFellow
09-30-2009, 04:32 PM
Well just be careful of the PKK.... o_o

Argamemnon
10-03-2009, 03:36 AM
Islam in Turkey (in pictures): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oGinBXM0Vc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.