/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about. (Ramadan)

aminahjaan
09-17-2009, 06:11 AM
:sl:
As Ramadan comes to a closing, something really hit me. I took time to think about everything I'd done in my life, those small, stupid, sins, and it clicked. In Ramadan we go without food and water to please Allah (swt), we crave food and water during all hours of the day. But we can do it, and we did it, right? And in the end, if you think about it, would breaking your fast in the middle of day even be worth it? Isn't the food we recieve for iftar, both rewarding & refreshing? Likewise, in life we are lured in by sin and haram things. Is it really worth it to break an islamic lifestyle when at the end of the day a reward is already promised if you just follow Allah's commands? Why jeopordize your life by indulging yourself in things that will have no value to you when it really matters? This really hit me and it makes so much sense. That in a way, Allah is teaching us that stupid small indulgences are really nothing compared to what you get at the end. Patience plays a key role in our lives, and Ramadan is a symbol of how life should be treated; with Sabr, (patience), love for Allah, faith in Allah and love for Islam. Here He is, promising a reward, telling us what is promised for us throughout the Qur'an very bluntly. Yet, we chose to do the stupid things, the fast quick rush of sins, could maybe get us happy for the day. But a good deed, will get us through a liftetime and through the afterlife. We can do it, we can go to jannah just as we have the ability to fast.This really helped me throughout Ramadan. SubhanAllah it's so beautiful how EVERYTHING in Islam makes sense.
:wa:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
09-17-2009, 05:50 PM
nice article can you provide us with the source link

aminahjaan
09-17-2009, 09:53 PM
JazakAllah
& it's made by me. :)

Tony
09-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Good post sister

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eliphaz
09-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Mashallah, great post sister. Makes a lot of sense, and surprisingly -I've never heard any khateeb put it so succinctly! (just another reason why I am liking this forum). It's true that Ramadan really is wonderful training for your willpower and not listening to the nafs. May we all apply the lessons learned in this sacred month to our wider lives.

جوري
09-19-2009, 04:08 AM
This is indeed a most excellent thread sis..

taqabal Allah mina wa minkoum, may he keep us steadfast on Islam, grant this umma, peace and prosperity and forgive us all those of us living and those who have passed on, may he grant us all houses in his paradise and keep us from harm.

:w:

Ramadhan
09-19-2009, 04:56 AM
What a great post!
Such a beautiful insight into the meaning of fasting in Ramadhan.

We know that everything that Allah ordain us to do must have great benefits for ourselves, but we neglect them or do them without khusu' and pondering about meaning.

aminahjaan
10-26-2009, 07:05 AM
Jazakallah khayr you guys. :)
I noticed that if you just sit and connect things you do to Islam , it all comes together. So this really proves that every single thing that Allah orders for us has a reason.

zakirs
10-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes sometimes you get that moment of epiphany when a bulb glows in you mind... All the doubts you had about a particular thing just go away and it becomes so clear.Initially i used to doubt if hadiths were really necessary? why not just read quran ? but then i realised that without sunnah there is no way or following Islam in a true way since not everything in Quran is elaborated :)

Innocent Soul
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Subhannallah! even when i do good things for even one day I feel so good.
May Allah grant us the ability to do good things.
Ameen:thankyou:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.