/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what to wear?

Ayesha_Hanif
09-17-2009, 09:03 PM
in pakistani and indian culture, on the wedding day the brides wers a dress or watever and its RED. am going to have my nikkah done soon inshallah and like do i have to wear a red dress. like what do other muslims wear? Please help plz...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
09-17-2009, 09:31 PM
why don't you ask your fiance what he would like.........:muddlehea

GuestFellow
09-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Ah wear anything that adheres to the Islamic dress code! =/

cat eyes
09-17-2009, 09:42 PM
leave the culture traditions wearing stupid bright clothes and heavy make up and leave that for the honeymoon. remember your making vows on the holy Qur'an so you should be strictly covered from head to toe.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GuestFellow
09-17-2009, 09:44 PM
^ Some wedding events are slightly comical...it becomes some sort of a competition, who can wear the most expensive and fashionable clothes! ;D

Humbler_359
09-17-2009, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha_Hanif
in pakistani and indian culture, on the wedding day the brides wers a dress or watever and its RED. am going to have my nikkah done soon inshallah and like do i have to wear a red dress. like what do other muslims wear? Please help plz...

:sl: Ayesha_Hanif,

Oh really, you are getting married, Alhumdulilah!

In our cultures, husband buy wedding clothes, jewelry for wife, wife buy new wedding clothes, shoes for husband.

It is like exchange in between family to family. I think, it is same applied to Middle East wedding too.

Yeah, red is traditonal and I think, it is beautiful. Are you going to wear something different black or white or orange or blue? what else? Lol.

GuestFellow
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
I never seen a bride wearing black O_O

jannat
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
salam,
wear what you like huney, i know red is a traditional colour, but ive noticed Maroon and Gold is also a favourite to wear. Good luck with it hun,May Allah swt bless your marriage InshAllah :)

khadija20
09-17-2009, 11:49 PM
i think you should wear a red dress but it should not be to flashy as to not attract the opposite sex on the big day :)

Cabdullahi
09-18-2009, 12:00 AM
just wear the shaliwar kameez and to diffuse the attraction of the opposite gender have it bogey green......have your nikah, get the job done thats it

Snowflake
09-18-2009, 01:19 AM
assalamu alaykum - I hope you find a colour you like but I'm more concerned that in pakistani culture the bride is usually dressed to the nines and sat on the stage where all non-mahrams can see her and the camera man films her like a rare specie on a wildlife program. InshaAllah hope that won't be something you are expected to go through.

Salahudeen
09-18-2009, 03:22 AM
yes and don't forget "asian bride must never look happy, asian bride must always look sad and always look at the ground" lool ;D

Snowflake
09-18-2009, 03:45 AM
^LOL for real! If she looks happy everyone thinks she's got no shame. But if she looks sad, doesn't the groom wonder if it's because she's going to marry him?

Hamdulillah attitudes are changing though :)

Salahudeen
09-18-2009, 03:46 AM
^ ahem on my wedding we shall break the trend, my wife to be is inshallah going to be looking around smiling shouting "where's ma gals at, ???" ;D lol and stuffing her face hehe.

at our weddings its common that at the end, the men and women come into 1 hall to admire the new happy couple, if that happens in my wedding I'm jus gonna pick her up and walk out ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
09-18-2009, 03:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
^LOL for real! If she looks happy everyone thinks she's got no shame. But if she looks sad, doesn't the groom wonder if it's because she's going to marry him?
yep! i use to worry about those girls a lot when i was younger and didnt know anything. that sad look is just deceiving!!!

جوري
09-18-2009, 03:53 AM
I thought people wear white to represent purity and virginity?
but I just googled Pakistani bride and they are all so beautiful in red...

Humbler_359
09-18-2009, 03:59 AM
:sl:

Lol. Or maybe girl didn't want to get married with a sad look at last minute, :'(

cat eyes
09-18-2009, 04:17 AM
i was watching a pakistani wedding recently bride was beautiful but dressed up a bit to overly attractive to be an islamic wedding but every girl wants to feel like a princess on the big day but its important we know the limits

khadija20
09-18-2009, 04:21 AM
yea pakistani brides are beautiful alrite and did you notice they never smile either lol

cat eyes
09-18-2009, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija20
yea pakistani brides are beautiful alrite and did you notice they never smile either lol
lol the wedding which i had watched it was an irish girl and pakistani bloke but she looked so pretty awww

Snowflake
09-18-2009, 04:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
^ ahem on my wedding we shall break the trend, my wife to be is inshallah going to be looking around smiling shouting "where's ma gals at, ???" ;D lol and stuffing her face hehe.

at our weddings its common that at the end, the men and women come into 1 hall to admire the new happy couple, if that happens in my wedding I'm jus gonna pick her up and walk out ;D
LOL bah. You're too shy. It'll probably be the other way round. Rofl! ;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting4Iman
yep! i use to worry about those girls a lot when i was younger and didnt know anything. that sad look is just deceiving!!!
Tbh, it is a very emotional time. Unlike in most nonmuslim cultures where the kids fly the nest way before they get married, muslim girls only leave home at the time of marriage. And just like they say your life flashes before your eyes before you're gonna die, similarly when you're about to leave your parents' house, every part of your life with them rushes past you and you know it's gone forever. It reminds me of a baby's birth when it cries after coming out of the safety and security of it's mother's womb into a new world. Lol, I'm getting teary. :X

khadija20
09-18-2009, 04:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
lol the wedding which i had watched it was an irish girl and pakistani bloke but she looked so pretty awww
You are probably talking about that marriage i seen on youtube? She had piercing blue eyes but she had taken it off some relative must have uploaded da vid without permission

Muhaba
09-18-2009, 07:02 AM
I was wondering the same thing, what to wear on wedding day? Traditional red or white or some other color. My mother says i look good in pink, but i've never seen brides wearing pink. Two of my friends did wear it but it was their engagement party and not wedding.

Also whether to wear shalwar kameez or langa (aka sharara?) or wedding gown?

Arabs wear white wedding gowns, is that an arab culture or did they copy from West? Western brides wear white or ivory wedding gowns. Pakistanis wear either red shalwar kameez or red langa, i think. I prefer langas to shalwar kameez but in the past wanted to wear ivory wedding gown, however don't know if that color suits me.

zakirs
09-18-2009, 07:20 AM
sat on the stage where all non-mahrams can see her and the camera man films her like a rare specie on a wildlife program
:D :D :D

@topic: Congrats sis, wear whatever you like :)

Lonely Gal
09-18-2009, 08:14 AM
i think the colours should be near to red, I have seen some girls wear different colours, and as much as they good in them, it jus doesn't have that nice wedding bride feelin to it.
I wore bright red, and so did most of my frends.

Muhaba
09-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Red just isn't my color. I think i'll go for something golden with golden sequins. What you all think?

cat eyes
09-18-2009, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija20
You are probably talking about that marriage i seen on youtube? She had piercing blue eyes but she had taken it off some relative must have uploaded da vid without permission
i dont know it could be the same vid but this dvd was given lone to me off someone 2 watch because i knew the groomz friend.

Snowflake
09-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Oh btw, the shaytaan loves red. :hiding:

It's true, I will bring evidence inshaAllah.

S_87
09-18-2009, 03:59 PM
wear whatever colour you like. you dont HAVE to wear red?

Ayesha_Hanif
09-18-2009, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Humbler_359
:sl: Ayesha_Hanif,

Oh really, you are getting married, Alhumdulilah!

In our cultures, husband buy wedding clothes, jewelry for wife, wife buy new wedding clothes, shoes for husband.

It is like exchange in between family to family. I think, it is same applied to Middle East wedding too.

Yeah, red is traditonal and I think, it is beautiful. Are you going to wear something different black or white or orange or blue? what else? Lol.
yh well we wasnt going to do something really big it was reli family, i went 2day to buy my clothes and i chose some shalwar kameez it was pink and green its reli nice!! am rlei excited just to wear the clothes reli lol

Ayesha_Hanif
09-18-2009, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jannat
salam,
wear what you like huney, i know red is a traditional colour, but ive noticed Maroon and Gold is also a favourite to wear. Good luck with it hun,May Allah swt bless your marriage InshAllah :)
jazakullah sister. its gana take place on saturaday the 26th inshallah!!

Ayesha_Hanif
09-18-2009, 07:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
just wear the shaliwar kameez and to diffuse the attraction of the opposite gender have it bogey green......have your nikah, get the job done thats it
LOL brother i have done exactly that but it has pink in too!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.