/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone has a blackberry phone here? I need help plz

Danah
09-18-2009, 08:47 PM
Asalam Alykom everyone

I have a blackberry Curve 8900 and I am trying to transfer my contacts from the memory card(media card) to the phone memory but I couldn't find any way to do so. I searched on the internet but it seems that its not applicable :(
I tried to find a way in the blackberry desktop manager but nothing seems to help.
I feel so stupid copying names in my contacts list one by one to the phone memory? :hmm:

anyone has a better solution?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
09-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Afraid not :( just do it one by one it can't take that long, bully one of the little kids in your family to sit there and do it and then give them a sweet ;D

that's what I do with things of this nature lol

"I'll give you a sweet that no 1s ever had if you do this for me"

althought I'm running out of sweets to give him now imsad

Danah
09-19-2009, 12:23 AM
^ oh thats rly funny!!!
except that there job will be harder since all names were in Arabic and they are displays now as characters so they have to write them again :(

I think I need to download something for Arabic language before give them that task!

how can such a company don't think of make that applicable! <_< I am sure there is a way here or there......I have many addresses to transfer its not 100 or 200 only !!!

Ramadhan
09-19-2009, 03:06 AM
you can use other phone to transfer the address book from the memory card to the sim card in that phone.
Then put that sim card back into your blackberry, and you can transfer the address book which is now stored in the sim card into the blackberry memory card.
But you can do this only if your sim card and the other phone support arabic characters.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
09-19-2009, 09:13 AM
^ This is what I did already but copying that way was not effective for me since I have many names that have more than one number, it moved all names as duplicated ones when there is more than one number in each name...... Which is more tiring!!!

I think the desktop manager may not have an access to the address book like how we deal with our nokia address book!!

Shazel
09-19-2009, 11:18 PM
My mom has a black berry..I dont no how to switch contacts just do it manually.

The harder the path is the better it ends.

Ayesha_Hanif
09-20-2009, 12:03 AM
such an advanced fone.. but missing such an obvious feature

Salahudeen
09-20-2009, 12:13 AM
my £5 nokia can do it I fink lol :D sorry that's not helping you right now :(

Danah
09-20-2009, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shazel
The harder the path is the better it ends.
I guess that works sometimes!

format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha_Hanif
such an advanced fone.. but missing such an obvious feature
Yeah I am still shocked that such feature cant be done there imsad
but InshaAllah I will keep searching, or maybe someone will come with a good way to do that

format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
my £5 nokia can do it I fink lol :D sorry that's not helping you right now :(
Yeah Nokia can do it easily, I dont have any problem with my Nokia phone its just plug the memory card and thats all!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.