PDA

View Full Version : Al-Bidayah wa an-Nihayah

Mkuk786
09-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum Rahmatullaha Wa Barakatahu,
Brother & Sister of this forums

I heard about this book called
Al-Bidayah wa an-Nihayah
"Al-Bidayah wa'an-Nihayah (The Beginning and the End) or Tarikh ibn Kathir (The history [book of] Ibn Kathir)"

I wanna read this book can someone tell me where can i get this book in english and all the volumes names of it as well.

JasakAllah Khair.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Beardo
09-20-2009, 04:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mkuk786
Assalaamu Alaikum Rahmatullaha Wa Barakatahu,
Brother & Sister of this forums

I heard about this book called
Al-Bidayah wa an-Nihayah
"Al-Bidayah wa'an-Nihayah (The Beginning and the End) or Tarikh ibn Kathir (The history [book of] Ibn Kathir)"

I wanna read this book can someone tell me where can i get this book in english and all the volumes names of it as well.

JasakAllah Khair.
hmm... I don't think either of those have been translated yet. Al Bidaaya i think has PORTIONS published. I thought I had some volumes of it in my house, but I can't find it... Try Madania.org

AhmadibnNasroon
09-21-2009, 07:54 PM
It's not translated

Mkuk786
09-23-2009, 01:13 AM
JasakAllahu Khair but do you guys have any info on it. at all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Caller الداعي
09-23-2009, 09:43 AM
yep its a very ood book but unfortunatly hasnt been translated yet!!

Silver Pearl
09-23-2009, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mkuk786
JasakAllahu Khair but do you guys have any info on it. at all.
As the title indicates, it is a book that discusses history, from the beginning of creation up to the entering of Paradise or Hell. It goes through history extensively referring to works of 'Ulamaa, Qur'aan and Ahadeeth. It is perhaps one of the best text for looking at the Seerah though the content does not always flow due to the layout.

It is a great book to have, 10 volumes and if you're in UK you can purchase it from Darussalam bookshop, it isn't too expensive. It is all in arabic. It is more of a reference book rather than a story reading type nonetheless it is an excellent read.

Beardo
09-24-2009, 04:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
As the title indicates, it is a book that discusses history, from the beginning of creation up to the entering of Paradise or Hell. It goes through history extensively referring to works of 'Ulamaa, Qur'aan and Ahadeeth. It is perhaps one of the best text for looking at the Seerah though the content does not always flow due to the layout.

It is a great book to have, 10 volumes and if you're in UK you can purchase it from Darussalam bookshop, it isn't too expensive. It is all in arabic. It is more of a reference book rather than a story reading type nonetheless it is an excellent read.
I think it's a book that talks about the beginning of time all the way to the end of time. Masha'Allah, it's interesting how it works, isn't it? If only I knew and understood Arabic. imsad

Well, you can also check out "History of Islam" if you are interested. Check Darul-Ishaat, they should have it. Another good book set is Saviours of Islamic Spirit. Each of these reccommendations are series/volumes.

Were you looking for somehting history related?

BlissfullyJaded
09-24-2009, 05:06 AM
:sl:

There bits of Al Bidaayah wan Nihayyah that has been translated. Qassas al Anbiya I believe is from there, as well as The Book of the End and Siratun Nabi (Salallahu alayhi Wasallam). Maybe there is more that has been translated, but I don't know.

Khaldun
09-24-2009, 05:37 AM
:sl:

It is written by the well known scholar and the author of the famous tafsir of the Noble Qur'aan Ibn Katheer himself. It is a very good book (and large too!) but if you take into account that it deals with everything from the beginning of creation until its end it is very humble. When buying it in arabic keep in mind the print, because honestly some prints a horrible to say the least!

You might be interested in reading Taarikh-al-Islaam by Imaam ad-Dhahabe which I find much more comprehensive.

Mkuk786
09-29-2009, 01:27 AM
JasakAllahu Khair for all your help

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.