/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Need your duas please

AnonymousPoster
09-20-2009, 02:31 AM
:sl: My little brother is going through a terrible time right now. He has had a mental breakdown. We've taken him to the doctor and from observing his behavior these past 3 weeks we've concluded that he has PMD (psychotic major depression). It's been really tough on our family and right now he is staying in a terrible hospital, his room is dark and depressing and I'm sure he doesn't get the proper treatment that he would get at home. I'm requesting everyone here to pray for a quick recovery. Jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cat eyes
09-20-2009, 02:58 AM
:sl:

will keep your brother in my duas but i honestly think some dark mental hospital is not the best place for him as the statistics have shown the suicide rate is high and as soon as they leave those places its like they are more messed up then when they were going in that is because they are surrounded by other more seriously ill mental patients.

if a person like you or me were taken to some run down orphanage and saw other kids acting weird after sometime we would copy their behaviour and we would be no better off so its the same thing and i am also talking from experience who has gone through this with a family member thats why nurses have only a 3hour shift per day only in most countries, they are not allowed to work any more then that for mental health reasons..

so my advice to you is take him out because what he needs is to be around family and SANE people, i would also advise to get more tests done.

AnonymousPoster
09-20-2009, 03:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
:sl:

will keep your brother in my duas but i honestly think some dark mental hospital is not the best place for him as the statistics have shown the suicide rate is high and as soon as they leave those places its like they are more messed up then when they were going in that is because they are surrounded by other more seriously ill mental patients.

if a person like you or me were taken to some run down orphanage and saw other kids acting weird after sometime we would copy their behaviour and we would be no better off so its the same thing and i am also talking from experience who has gone through this with a family member thats why nurses have only a 3hour shift per day only in most countries, they are not allowed to work any more then that for mental health reasons..

so my advice to you is take him out because what he needs is to be around family and SANE people, i would also advise to get more tests done.
:sl: Thank you for replying. Yes we are going to take him out of the hospital as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that he has PMD (psychotic major depression). We will regularly be taking him to our psychiatrist. Also if I may I would like to give some advice families who have to deal with a psychotic family member. I strongly advise giving them fish oil tablets or capsules regularly. It has been proven to be effective in people dealing with depression and psychosis. Here is but one link about the importance of fish oil in early recovery from psychosis. http://tc.oyh.org.au/media/releases/rel18032008
Jazakallah for the duas.

Salahudeen
09-20-2009, 01:20 PM
When someone close to me sufferred from schizophrenia it turned out to be a jinn. it I'm not saying that it is that, but may be worth getting checked out.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-20-2009, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
When someone close to me sufferred from schizophrenia it turned out to be a jinn. it I'm not saying that it is that, but may be worth getting checked out.
:sl: No brother we're pretty sure it is not black magic, evil eye, or a jinn. We recited Al-Fatiha, Ayatul Kursi, and Surah Al Falaq and An Nas over him and he still has not gotten better. :wa:

ژاله
09-20-2009, 06:09 PM
may Allah grant him complete shifaa Ameen.

cat eyes
09-20-2009, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
:sl: Thank you for replying. Yes we are going to take him out of the hospital as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that he has PMD (psychotic major depression). We will regularly be taking him to our psychiatrist. Also if I may I would like to give some advice families who have to deal with a psychotic family member. I strongly advise giving them fish oil tablets or capsules regularly. It has been proven to be effective in people dealing with depression and psychosis. Here is but one link about the importance of fish oil in early recovery from psychosis. http://tc.oyh.org.au/media/releases/rel18032008
Jazakallah for the duas.
yeah i had heard fish oil is really good and eating fish up to 4times a week but people have tried everything when it comes to all kinds of depression is definatly some type of imbalance in the brain that can not be so easily fixed with a pill of vitamins. what usually causes our bodies to go into major melt down is having daily stress through out our life, your brain can only take so much. scientists are still only finding new things out about how our brain works. i hope inshallaah your brother pulls out of this Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.