/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in UK

Muhaba
09-21-2009, 03:41 AM
anybody know of any good halal job positions in UK, like office work, managerial, accounting work, etc. Someone i know needs work. If you know of any plz let me know in pm, company name, address, job details, etc. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Salahudeen
09-21-2009, 02:08 PM
It's hard at the moment to find jobs, I'm working in a lousy fast food restaurant that's so horrible, the only nice thing about it is the brothers that work there. I keep myself going by telling myself "it's just untill uni finishes".

Laila01x
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Depends where you are located - Mashallah i grauduated with a really good job - thanks to Allah.

There are plenty of jobs going still - you need to put your CV on all the jobsites and you should sign up to agencies. Even if it means tempin for a while - go for it - its the experience that counts.

Try websites such as reed, monster, total jobs, jobsearch etc.

Another word of advice - you have to be very proactive and be looking constantly.

Also make a lot of dua and inshallah you will be blessed with a job.

Banu_Hashim
09-21-2009, 02:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
It's hard at the moment to find jobs, I'm working in a lousy fast food restaurant that's so horrible, the only nice thing about it is the brothers that work there. I keep myself going by telling myself "it's just untill uni finishes".
Well, you're quite lucky mashallah to have a job while you're a student a uni, especially with the recession and the ridiculous competition nowadays.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
09-21-2009, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle
yh fast food places are crap to work at even worse when they're not halal lol:hiding:, wher do u work bro

Salahudeen
09-21-2009, 04:57 PM
^it's a non halal one :cry: I don't wanna say which 1 cos I feel :embarrass about working there. I don't even think it's halal for me to work there cos I'm serving non halal food :cry::cry::cry:

but as my mother's a single parent the money I make is extremely helpful for her. and that's why I can't leave :hmm:

GuestFellow
09-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Well you could work for the NHS. I worked for the NHS HR department and it was very good experience.

Salahudeen
09-21-2009, 05:14 PM
^ I got no idea how to get involved in that, can you do it part time like 1 day a week?

GuestFellow
09-21-2009, 06:23 PM
^ Well I did volunteering at the Human Resources Department. You can negotiate with the HR adviser how long you want to work for them.

Go onto the NHS website, find a hospital in Birmingham and get a hold of their phone number and address. If you want to do volunteering to gain some work experience then you could:

1. Send your CV to NHS Human Resources department.

OR

2. Phone the NHS HR department.

If you want a job...you need to again go on to the NHS website and look for any vacancies around your area. To work in the NHS you need experience or they might offer you some training depending on your previous qualifications.

PM me if you need further help...I live in Birmingham. : D

_PakistaN_
09-22-2009, 02:52 AM
i used this site to look for my job: www.craigslist.org

Muhaba
09-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Thank you all for the advice. I will let the person know. Plz pray for him that he gets a halal well-paying job. He's tired of working free-lance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.