/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My imaan in weak - im losing faith

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Salaam,

It is getting to a point in my life where i really am questioning Islam and i wish i didnt. I have read several of the posts and certain things dont make sense. I do follow all the five pillars of Islam and practice 5 times a day - but i feel like im just practicin 4 the sake of it i dont feel my heart is in it totally. My Ramazan went well and i managed to complete the Quran alhumdilliah - but i just dont know anymore im really confused. I think the whole topic on destiny and fate really do make me question islam. Ive been goin through depression for over a year now - but i refuse to take anti-depressants as i feel i can cope and dont want to get addicited to them. I really wanted to marry a muslim brother - but it did not go accordingly and since then my life has been upside down. I read in the previous thread that Allah decides our partners - what if it ends in divorce - why did allah choose that partner then when divorce is such a major sin.

Secondly, why do we have to fear allah - why cant we love Allah without the fear?

i dont know anymore.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
09-21-2009, 10:34 AM
If it didn't work out with this brother then know that a calamity that makes you turn to Allah is better for you than a blessing which makes you forget the remembrance of Allah. Allah (swt) protects His beliving servants as a shepard would protect his sheep. The shepard can see farther then the sheeps and spot the danger and protect his flock before they are attacked by a wolf. Similarly Allah protects His beliving slaves from what would harm then even if we cannot see the harm. You should use this opportunity to make du'a day and night to Allah as this is a time when your heart will feel attached to Him knowing that only He can ease your affliction and give you relief.

He knows what's best for His servants as Allah says in surah al-baqarah that you may love something which is bad for you and you may dislike something which is good for you.

Ibn Qayyim says: Were it not for the trials and tribulations of this world, a person could develop arrogance, self-admiration, a pharaonic attitude and hardheartedness which would lead to his doom in this world and in the Hereafter. It is a sign of the mercy of the Most Merciful that He checks on him from time to time with the remedy of calamity so as to protect him from these diseases, to keep his submission and servitude sound, and to eliminate all bad elements that may lead to his doom.

You should contemplate and ponder why it hasn't worked out with this brother. Perhaps this trial will make appreciate the next person who proposes to you much more. Perhaps you may have comitted a sin with him which led to your seperation or perhaps Allah has something better in store for you, if you remain patient and accept His Decree. Marrying this person may have had an effect on your iman, and the worst thing you could lose is your religion.

Spend time with righteous people and seek their advice on this matter, go out side to the park or some place to stay away from those places which will remind you of him. Don't be alone because the wolf attacks the lone sheep (i.e. shaytan will drive you insane with his wispers and will put doubts in your heart) And most importantly, keep your tongue moist with the remembrance of Allah because truly in the remembrance of Allah do the hearts find rest.

Secondly, why do we have to fear allah - why cant we love Allah without the fear?
In its travel to Allah, a heart is like a bird: love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. If the head and wings are in good condition, the bird flies well. If the head is removed, the bird dies. And if the wings are lost, the bird becoems defenselsss before hunters and predators.

If one was to fear Allah alone without hoping in Him then one will fall into dispair and hopelessness in the mercy of Allah, and if one hoped in Allah without fearing Him then he would become negligent, arragont and careless. To have a balance, one must fear Allah's wrath but at the same time hope for His mercy, aid and forgiveness.

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 11:27 AM
You are right to say that Allah knows whats good for us - even though what we think is good for us maybe bad.

I really do love the brother and i have found positive results from istikara - i pray all the time for it to get to marrigae so i can complete half my deen. Also, this dua is sincerly from my heart, ive given sadqa, prayed a dua after Quran and make dua when i do salaat.

Maybe this is a test for me to see how patient i am. I am also going to do Tahajjud for this.

I just have my moments of depression and i get attacked easily by Shaitaan and wrong thoughts run through my head... which i know i should learn to control. :cry:

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Then again .. if things are not good for us Allah can make them right for us - Allah has the power to do anything right

oh here we go again im startin to question things .. :cry:imsad

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
09-21-2009, 01:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Salaam,

It is getting to a point in my life where i really am questioning Islam and i wish i didnt. I have read several of the posts and certain things dont make sense. I do follow all the five pillars of Islam and practice 5 times a day - but i feel like im just practicin 4 the sake of it i dont feel my heart is in it totally. My Ramazan went well and i managed to complete the Quran alhumdilliah - but i just dont know anymore im really confused. I think the whole topic on destiny and fate really do make me question islam. Ive been goin through depression for over a year now - but i refuse to take anti-depressants as i feel i can cope and dont want to get addicited to them. I really wanted to marry a muslim brother - but it did not go accordingly and since then my life has been upside down. I read in the previous thread that Allah decides our partners - what if it ends in divorce - why did allah choose that partner then when divorce is such a major sin.

i dont know anymore.
poor thing. people say love is like heaven but i sometimes disagree and i think love is evil sometimes for how it effects a human mentally even in marriage when you love someone they end up hurting you somewhere along the line. probably making you more depressed lol but thats what i feel like sometimes. it makes you forget about Allah..

its not like you don't want to think about Allah you do but you can't because your heart is thinking about that certain person and you feel helpless, you don't want to feel this way. your imaan is there but you cannot think about anything else right now because your not concentrated on the deen.

also we all sin. when we do sin. we feel so worthless that we start to believe Allah has forgotton about us and neglected us so this is some type of punishment so you start to have all these negative feelings resulting in how you are feeling right now. people do say you should get over this person but its not easy and i am not going to say that but time is a healer and the more time that goes by the more you get better inshallaah but first you have to Accept that you are not going to marry this brother.

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Yes but Allah has the power to do anything - and can bring me this brother for marriage if he wills - I read in the previous post that Allah has chosen our spouses for us - ive had positive results from Istikara - i still have faith one day we can marry i trust Allah a lot, but need to tackle shaitaain and these thoughts i have at times where i end up questionin Islam. I do know for a fact Allah exists and that Islam is the true religion.

cat eyes
09-21-2009, 02:21 PM
my advice to you is speak with a scholar and explain your dream to him so that he may interpret it for you. i take it your istikhara was answered in your dream you see sometimes dreams come from our mental thoughts when you are constantly thinking about this person so don't get confused with dreams like that. if the answer was clear and good then it did come from Allah but i would speak with your imam as this guy has not made any contact with you or your guardian? yes Allah has the power to do all things but Allah also says humans are made only from clay but Allah is forever and will be forever. he has the love of 70mothers that no human can give. Allah knows best how things turn out weather you like it or not sister. thats life. sometimes its better to accept and let him come to you if its meant to be

Ramadhan
09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
in addition to all the previous advice, it would also be better if you occupy yourself with beneficial activities that channel your energy and thoughts in positive ways, so you will not have much free time that you use to over analyze things which leads to more despair.

Do you work? study?
or you can always try to help family or friends. Helping others and achieving results, small that they may, actually give you positive boosting and make you feel better about yourself.
And have some sabr/patience.

i don't suggest you taking any anti depressant unless under strict supervision of good medical doctor/psychiatrist. Better to continue with your ibada, fardu and other prayers, sadaqa, etc.
Remember in the Qur'an Allah SWT tells us to make sabr and shalah as our helper.

zakirs
09-21-2009, 02:30 PM
إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَ [

Your (real) friends are (no less than) Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- those who establish regular prayers and regular charity, and they bow down humbly (in worship).

وَمَنْ يَتَوَلَّ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فَإِنَّ حِزْبَ اللَّهِ هُمُ الْغَالِبُونَ [٥:٥٦]
As to those who turn (for friendship) to Allah, His Messenger, and the (fellowship of) believers,- it is the fellowship of Allah that must certainly triumph.
﴿٥٦﴾

(AL-maida 56-57)

These verses prove that Allah can be loved too , but remember it should be with some respect and fear.somewhat like the relationship with your father , but of much greater magnitude.

All the best for your endeavours sis, be strong you will soon be as fine as ever.

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes i do work - Alhumdilliah Allah has blessed me with the job i wanted - i worked and studied really hard to be where i am today - however i find it worse being here - I find it easier being at home as i can sleep and not think about things - i have even affected my productivity @ work

:cry:

Thank you cat eyes - maybe it was my conscious - i will try do it again several times - if i get the same results i will ask am imaan to explain what it means.

Even today i couldnt wake up for fajar - im such a bad person :cry:

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=zakirs;1222633]إِنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا الَّذِينَ يُقِيمُونَ الصَّلَاةَ وَيُؤْتُونَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُونَThese verses prove that Allah can be loved too , but remember it should be with some respect and fear.somewhat like the relationship with your father , but of much greater magnitude. [QUOTE]

You are totally right here brother

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 03:29 PM
However, having positive istikara results dont necessarily mean i will end up with that particular person?

Asiyah3
09-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Salaam,

i dont know anymore.
I am not someone with a lot of knowledge, but from my experience I can say that I've always loved Allah. But after Allah guided me and increased my imaan (faith) I started to fear him also. And I can say that after this fear I truly loved him more and stayed away from sin in a better way and tried to do more acts of worship. Alhamdulillah.

Eric H
09-21-2009, 09:34 PM
Greetings and peace be with you AnonymousGender;

Yes but Allah has the power to do anything - and can bring me this brother for marriage if he wills -
How will marrying this brother help you find eternal salvation? Life on Earth might last a hundred years, eternity in heaven is beyond my comprehension. I believe Allah helps us in ways that make it easier for us to attain eternal salvation, rather than helping us in ways that only satisfy our short life on this Earth.

In the spirit of praying for eternal salvation

Eric

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2009, 09:42 PM
It will help me complete half my imaan

iloveislam1
09-24-2009, 01:41 AM
Firstly:

I would recommened you lectures by Bilal Philips, Yusuf Estes, Yasir Qadhi and others on how to improve your imaan.

Secondly:

If you have a problem concerning a spceific issue to do with Islam, such as Qadr, then enquire about that subject in detail by reading books, listening to lectures and watching videos to do with that topic.

Also make a sincere du'a to Allah to keep you firm on Islam, since that is the only true Deen.

Asiyah3
09-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The du’aa’ of any one of you will be answered so long as he is not impatient and says, ‘I made du’aa’ but it was not answered.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari and Muslim.

Allaah will respond and fulfil the desire of the person who made the du’aa’, or He will ward off some evil from him because of the du’aa’, or He will make something good easy for him to attain because of it, or He will save it with Him for him on the Day of Resurrection when he will be most in need of it. And Allaah knows best.

Source:

http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/5113

Jazakia-Allaahu khairan

Snowflake
09-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Salaam,

i dont know anymore.

:sl: - May Allah give you happiness and peace sister. Ameen. The Prophet (saw) said, "There is nothing better for those who love each other than marriage." (Ibn Majah). This, hadith applies to people who love each other and the love is equal and there is no deficiency in it. But when love is incomplete, yaani one sided, it is weakening and destructive and considered an ailment for which another cure must be sought.

The first recommendation is to convince yourself that your loss was the will of Allah because that is what's good for you. We must also realise and remind ourselves that we love none above Allah and whether the loss of a lesser loved being is more important or the loss of a greater love? And since we know only Allah is Perfect, we must also remember the faults and weaknesses of that person and not place them on a pedestal. And if are honest with ourself we will whole-heartedly agree that they are less than perfect and therefore we can face the fact that the rose-tint is beginning to wear off enough to let us see that no man is worth grudging Allah's will. Because, if Allah had willed he'd have been yours.

Even for those who love each other, and their love is true, the wise will reach the same conclusion as those who suffered a loss. When two people who love Allah, love each other for His sake, they too realise that without Allah giving their beloved the qualities they love about them, this person would've been nothing. Without Allah's blessings and will, they would not have attained each other. Without His will, they wouldn't have acquired what they desired. So, the result that happens is instead of drawing closer to the one they loved and attained, and unable to deny Allah controls over all matters, they draw closer to Allah instead - just as those who suffer loss have to admit that there is no power and no might except by Allah. At the end, no matter where we go, or how far we go, whether we want to or not, every path will lead us back to Allah. Because He is the Truth. The Ultimate Truth.

So my sister, don't weep for what wasn't meant to be. Allah gives and Allah takes. Who are we to grudge His decisions? In the Here-after, we will cry tears of frustration if we don't use our time to get closer to Him in the duniya. Allah is there for you. Only Allah will forgive you over and over. Man, no matter how much you love him. No matter how much you are willing to die for him, will forgive you once, twice, three times.. and then not even want to look at you anymore. But not Allah. He will forgive you over and over, even if your sins were as high as the mountains. He didn't make jannah for the Prophets and pious only. Nooo... He made it for sinners like us too, so that we can repent and return to our eternal dwelling place - return to Him. Love/ marriage/wealth are all fine.. but these are temporary things limited to worldly pleasures. We don't have time to waste on mourning their loss sis. These things delude us into forgetting what is waiting for us in the here-after. We forget our purpose on earth. We were created to worship Allah subhana wa ta 'ala. Our true love. Because when you love Him through your worship, obedience and love what He loves and hate which He hates and bow to His will, He will impart such love and blessings on you that you won't want anything more again. The whole world's love put together cannot begin to compare to how it feels when Allah loves you. A man will tell you in the morning he loves you. By night you want to hear it again. So unsure are we about the love of humans that we need constant reassurance. But when Allah loves you my sis. Bas. There will be no doubt, no fear, no pain.. only the feeling that the thirst in your soul has finally been quenched. Such is the love of Allah, that everything else almost becomes non-existent in comparison. If you really want happiness. You really want peace and ever-lasting love, turn to Allah and love Him and you will get more than you could ever have dreamed of, and that's not just in this world, but also in the next. He is Allah. Love Him.

:wa:

IAmZamzam
09-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Salaam,

i dont know anymore.
We can love Allah without the fear. It's like saying, "I would like to help you out with the new account but I fear it would mean a lot of extra paperwork for me." In this sense fear means something more like respect and prudence. I'm sure it's the same in Arabic. If you want to talk to me in private about your doubts then by all means tell me so. I'm a da'i of sorts.

DigitalStorm82
09-25-2009, 11:32 PM
My only advice to you is love Allah more than anything/anyone... let Him bring you happiness and wait in patience for Him to deliver when the time right.

Hamza Asadullah
09-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Salaam,

i dont know anymore.
Asalaamu Alaikum wr wb, My dear Sister the problem that you have is a problem that a lot of us go through in our lives. Imaan (Faith) goes out of our body as quick as water goes out from a bottle of water when you tip it over.

My sister Allah’s mercy, compassion and forgiveness are all encompassing and his mercy is one of his most important and significant qualities of the almighty in the Qur’an, as well as in the saying and teachings of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

In a Hadith Qudsi Allah states: "My mercy prevails over My wrath."

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) also once said:

Allah, the Almighty, says: Whosoever does a good deed, will have (reward) ten times like it and I add more; and whosoever does an evil, will have the punishment like it or I will forgive (him); and whosoever approaches Me by one span, I will approach him by one cubit; and whosoever approaches Me by one cubit, I approach him by one fathom, and whosoever comes to Me walking, I go to him running; and whosoever meets Me with an earth-load of sins without associating anything with Me, I meet him with forgiveness like that. (Sahih Muslim)

Approximately 113 chapters of the Holy Qur’an begin with: "In the name of Allah the Most-Compassionate; the Most-Merciful". This is a constant reminder to all who read the Qur’an of the great mercy, compassion and forgiveness of almighty Allah.

My sister if we don’t keep consistent with our deen then it is inevitable that our imaan will decrease. If we don’t let go of our love for this world and worldly things then how can our imaan remain high?

My sister we should thank Allah so much everyday because firstly out of BILLIONS of people that he's created he chose US and gave US imaan! He didn’t have to, he could of created us non believers and he could have created us in ANY time period in history like in the dark ages or in the medieval times or some other terrible time period but he created us in a relatively safe environment in one of the richest countries in the world with luxury, food on a plate, anything we want and all we have to do is look at the unfortunate people who have NOTHING and we will truly realise how lucky we really are and that Allah has given us EVERYTHING! Many times I have been to my native Pakistan and seen the poor there and I just feel SO lucky sister that what Allah has given us compared to these people. I saw a paralysed guy ROLLING around on the streets because he couldn’t walk or afford a wheel chair.

My sister the amount of poverty that people are experiencing in this world and the position Allah has put us in we should constantly be in prostration to him! We are SO SO lucky my sister and we still complain about this and that but we should be ever thankful to Allah night and day! We take for granted what he has given us! He could have created us paralysed or with a terrible debilitating disease but no my sister he has given us health, wealth and best of all imaan!

Please everyday contemplate these things and you will ALWAYS be so so appreciative of Allah because my sister SO SO many people are suffering the most terrible hardships yet we are living in luxury! Look at our poor brothers and sisters in war torn countries and those who are being oppressed by their governments who don’t even allow them to practise their deen yet where we are our governments do allow us to practise our deen properly without any problems.

Even though we sin day in and day out our almighty creator still provides for us, nourishes us, sustains us and gives us EVERYTHING we need EVERYDAY OF OUR LIVES!

My sister we are so lucky if ONLY we knew. Even after our imaan goes down Allah is still trying to guide us. A

All we have to Sister is to make a little effort for EVERYTHING Allah's given us and that is still so hard for us to do!

He gave us life,health,working limbs when there are people who have limbs missing or deformed and he has given us EVERY SINGLE THING and yet we still struggle to thank him and pray to him for a few minutes a day. Even if we were to spend eternity imagining the favours Allahs done for us we would NEVER be able to!

My Sister happiness and contentment of the heart ONLY lies with Allah! Whether we gain this happiness and true contentment really depends on how obedient we are to Allah's commandments! Remember everything that is good comes from Allah and everything bad that happens comes from us and our own doings! Allah tests his creations in MANY different ways!

He may test us in any aspect of our lives! He says in the Qur'an as well that do you think that you will not be tested? What is the point and purpose of life if we are not to be tried and tested by Allah! Allah just wants to see how we will react when were tested! Will we go closer to shaythan or closer to Allah? Why should we let shaythan win? For Allah tests a person so that he may bring them closer to him! Who were tested the most? The prophets! Do you know why? Because they were the best of all creation! So the more Allah tests us the more he wants us to be closer to him because Allah is with the ones who are patient! Subhanallah

It is shaythan who wants us to become closer to him and will we let him? He ONLY wants our destruction! He's trying to keep us away from our deen by trying to distract us with deceptins of this world but will we let him? It is shaythan who wants to make us lose faith in Allah and trying to make us give up hope and get depressed and confused! It is shaythan who wants to see our destruction! Will we let him do this to us and win? Will we let him jeopardise our imaan and bring us to destruction?

My Sister Allah has not asked us for much in this life compared to what he's got on offer for us in the hereafter! Allah has just asked us for full obedience to him for a short amount of time (70 years to the most) and in return for this he has promised us ETERENITY of bliss!

Is that not the most amazing offer one can EVER imagine or comprehend? On top of that Allah has given us everything we need, life, shelter, wealth, food, clothing I can go on and on on the favours of Allah FOREVER!

Allah just wants the best for us and he shows us in the Qur'an that righteousness is the path to success in this world and the next!

This life for us can end at ANY second sister as we have seen for ourselves people dying around us and we know how temporary life is and if we waste our lives further then we will surely regret it on Qiyamat because we will ask Allah for one more chance but it will be too late because Allah will say have i not given you enough chances in this world to change? We would regret it FOREVER if we were to die at this point of our lives because were not even prepared for the hereafter what will we show? What have we got to show to Allah for what we have done with our lives so far? NOTHING!

My sister my dear friend died a couple of weeks ago and he was only 28 years of age. My sister how do we know that ANY second we can go to! If we CONSTANTLY remind ourselves of death then we will NEVER slack in our deen because we would know that the angel of death may take us ANY second!

We get SOO many chances from Allah everyday but yet again and again we don't take those chances and one time we might not get anymore! So it’s best for us to change now and strive to abide by the commandments of Allah and go closer to him because he is our beloved creator and he knows what’s best for us we don't!

We don't know how much time we have left so we should NOT dwell on our past or bad experiences etc because it will do us no good! Being depressed or down about life and losing hope and faith will NEVER benefit us but cause our doom!

If we think to ourselves that life is too short to be down or lose hope and faith and that i should spend most of my time working for the next life then this is the best way to live our lives because what is the point of investing time and efforts in this world when those efforts are for something that is temporary and could end at ANYTIME!

Why not spend our time and efforts on the hereafter which is for ETERNITY and any investment we put into the hereafter will benefit us forever and we will wreak the rewards for eternity!

We all have done mistakes in our life that we wish we can get a time machine and do things differently! We wish we could go back and change things so that things could have been different but what is the point of thinking this way? We are wasting even more time thinking this way when we could be using the precious time that we have in doing things better now and the future because that’s what really counts!

Let’s move on and NOT think and dwell about the past because our life experiences make us who we are and make us wiser people!

Sometimes in life we have to learn the hard way because the hard way is the best way to learn at times and we have to just accept what’s happened and move on because life goes on but we don't know for how long! We have to realise how precious time is!

Whatever Allah decides is the best for us we should except my sister because maybe if you did marry this guy you would have led a miserable life? Or he could have become soemthing you did'nt expect. Ive seen it and heard of it happen to a lot of couples especially after marriage. So my sister maybe Allah saved you from potentially a miserable life and maybe he has something better in store for you! We have to think positively about these things because we may percieve it in a bad way but in fact it is a blessing in disguise! So thank Allah for whatever he decides because he knows whats best for us we don't know whats bets for us and he has something better in store for you!

So my sister lets move on and concentrate on now and the future because we have to make the best of EVERY second we have left in this world because we don't know when its going to end and once it does end then we will regret for ETERNITY all the time we wasted in this world!

Death will NEVER be moved forward it will happen at EXACTLY the time it is appointed for and this is something that should really make us realise that we can really DIE AT ANY TIME! So lets forget the past now and move on and do the BEST we can now and the future in pleasing Allah and trying to be the closest to him and repenting our past sins because if we repent with full sincerity with the intention of NEVER doing it again then Allah almighty will forgive us inshallah that’s how merciful he is!

We can work our WHOLE lives 24/7 and build a wonderful life for ourselves here and then the next day we die before we can even enjoy the fruits of our hard labour! What was the point of all that investment just in this world when it can end at ANYTIME!

Let’s ONLY invest the very minimum into this world lets invest as much as we can to the next world which is our final and ultimate destination! The Prophet (saw) says to that we should treat this life as if it were just on a journey! This life is not a very long stop until our final abode which is the hereafter!

When investors are looking to invest in a business venture do they look for short term gains or long term? Obviously long term my sister and that’s what we should be looking for because the cleverest person is the one who makes arrangements for the hereafter and not only in this world!

That’s not to say that we shouldn’t have our share in this world of course we should but we should invest most of our time in the next life which is for ETERNITY!

If we don't then we will regret it forever because on the day of judgement when were standing infornt of Allah we will ask him to give us another chance and put us back on earth so that we may do things better and never transgress but Allah will say i gave u MANY chances and you did not come towards me now you can go towards Hell!

We would NOT be able to handle a single second in the hell fire my sister, we cannot even imagine how terrifying this will be so we should do our best in this life to seek protection from it and make our good deeds balance as heavy as possible!

Sometimes i find it very hard to imagine when i think of the concept of FOREVER! It’s hard to imagine something that will last forever! That it will never cease but will go on and on! It’s not hard to think of temporary because most of the things around us goes through a cycle of life and then ceases to exist!

We see people die all around us we see things ending etc But the concept of forever is unimaginable because nothing in this life is forever! We cannot imagine there hereafter that is why u may find it difficult to comprehend but if we believe in the hereafter then of course we must believe in the full descriptions of heaven and hell!

The disbelievers have nothing to live for! They go through life ONLY living for this and are confused and unaware of the hereafter that they will have to answer to Allah and that a terrible punishment may be coming to them!

Allah guides who he wants and he says in the Qur'an that if he wanted to he would guide all of mankind but that would go against the whole point of this creation and testing mankind! Allah knows best who is worthy of having faith and guidance! But it is truly a sad life for those who have no purpose in this life! They live just for this world! This is their paradise! This is their bliss!

One of the main reasons why we lack in imaan sister is also due to a lack of knowledge of Islam!

Knowledge always makes things clearer to us! If we constantly gain knowledge of Islam and especially the akhirah and at the same time contemplate and ponder over it then my sister our imaan will remain strong because we know what is to come.

My sister our enemy shaythan wats our destruction and he will stop at NOTHING until we desire this world and live for this life but my sister this life is SO SO short that we cannot imagine.

A hadith to the nearest meaning says that when we will be in the akhirah we will be asked "How long were you on the earth for?" We will say " Only for a VERY short while" because the comparison of this world to the akhirah is NOTHING! So when we are in this next world this world will seem like a few seconds!

My sister we will regret every second we wasted! In the akhirah we will wish that we went back to the earth and done things better but this is our chance! My sister we can't waste our one chance we have in this world!

What is this dunya but an illussion and a deception? Allah says this in the Qur'an that this life is like a veil over your eyes its a deception! We have to wake up sister and keep reminding ourselves EVERYday of our purpose!

My sister Allah loves us 70 times more than a mother loves its baby! How much love has our almighty got for us! He looks after us, sustains us and cherishes us but what do we do? We run after this world! We are truly sad and we will be the losers on Qiyamat unless we change NOW!

My sister Ramadan has just left us but as long as we have life and our soul is in us then the doors of mercy are open for us and Allah can forgive us but we need to make the changes in our own heads and we need to make sincere vows to Allah that we will ONLY go towards him and we will ONLY put everything into the Akhirah to please him! We need to only live for this world as much as we can survive comfortably but everything we do for this world we should also make the intention of doing it for Allah's pleasure so that we can survive in this world!

My sister we need to get into local Islamic activities so that we can benefit our local Muslim brothers and sisters.

You should join a sisters circle and get away from those who desire only this world!

You are who your friends are and if your friends are those who desire this world then you need to get away from them and go towards those who are working for the akhirah!

My sister in order to attain khushu (imaging we can see Allah when praying or doing good deeds) we need to clear our minds of all thoughts and focus SOLELY on Allah! We need to gain more sincerety in our hearts and clean out from our hearts the love of this dunya!

This can be attained but its not an over night process, but my sister our imaan can constantly remain strong and high if we contantly glorify Allah throughout the day and rememebr him no matter what we do!

We should imagine him watching us glorify him and think of him and we should do lots of duas throughout the day and gain a close relationship with Allah!

We should read much of the Qur'an and its meanings and contemplate and ponder over its meanings. We should try and spend a little time each day trying to memorise bits of the Qur'an and even make intention that we want to memorise all of it because W e will get our reward depending on our intention!

We should try and learn and implement as MANY Sunnahs of our beloved Rasulallah (Saw) as possible who is our role model and we should learn the masnoon duas and implement them EVERYDAY in our lives!

We should learn the life story and the seerah of our beloved Rasul (Saw) and learn about every aspect of his most amazing life! This will surely soften our hearts!

We should learn about the stories of the pious predecessors and the hero women of islam and take them as our heros because they are the true heros of this world!

We should constantly remind ourselves of death and read about it all the time my sister and read about what will happen to us after death in the grave and in the hereafter! We should learn about our possible rewards in Jannah and our demise in Jahannam if we fail and die without imaan May Allah save us all!

We should try and gain a thirst for knowledge my sister because it is said that the ones with knowledge and the ones without knowledge is like the distance from here to the star that you can see shining and learning knowledge of Islam will opens up our eyes wider than they currently are.

We need to LOVE gaining love and try our best to act upon it and implement it in our daily lives and share it with others! My sister we need to try and gain the closeness to Allah by reading MANY nafil salah's.

In the morning when waking up for tahajjud even if its 20 mins before start of Fajr and then wait until Fajr and pray that and then do ibaadah until ishraaq(Sunrise) and then pray that Salah and then the breakfast salah(Salaatul Duhaa) and then pray Zuhr with all the sunnah and Nafil and same with Asr and make some time to do ibaadah until Maghrib and read the nafils after that (Salaatul Awabeen) and read isha and all the sunnah and nafil and do zikr throughout the day, So my sister if we do all of these things then were are implementing Islam FULLY in our lives and we will be SO SO close to Allah and feel the best feeling in our hearts that we can EVER imagine! We will feel the sweetness of imaan!Oh what a beautiful feeling it is! My sister we should try and cry to Allah everyday on our duas and feel him close to us in our hearts!

We should cry over our sins and cry to him for guidance and help in our lives and ask of him for EVERYTHING we want, especially in this last portion of the night where duas are more readily accepted. Just like a mother runs to its baby when its crying then will Allah not swiftly attend to us when we cry to him in dua? We should have hope of his mercy after sincere repentence and make intention not to repeat the sin again but if we do then we should continue to ask for repentance my sister because Allah is most merciful and his mercy overcomes his wrath! Allah gets angry at those who don't ask of him!

We should ALWAYS make dua for our parents and all of the Muslims. If we make dua for EVERY Muslim then we will get the reward of EVERY Muslim.
So thats BILLIONS of good deeds everytime we pray for everyone! We need to make a habit of doing this!

We should from now on have FULL hope in him and him ONLY! We should have FULL reliance in him and accept the fact that if he tests us then he is wanting us to be the closest to him and we should bare the test with patience! He ONLY tests those he wants closest to him!

My sister can you feel in your heart how much you desire to be the closest to Allah? It is because Allah is wanting you to be the closest to him and he is wanting you to desire the next world and not this world which is PATHETIC my sister and NOTHING but deception and a waste! This life is a proto-type of the akhirah. My sister lets get the hubger for good deeds and making Allah the happiest.

My sister people spend their whole lives looking for peace and contentment in their hearts and ALL the worldly goods and money have NEVER given them that! Allah says that ONLY with my rememebance will hearts find contentment! So my sister we have to CONSTANTLY remember him and glorify him!

We need to constantly keep our lips moist from his glorification. Keep a tasbih near to you in your hands ALWAYS because a tasbih is the best reminder for one to do zikr. I find that a metal clicking tasbih is really good and practical to carry ANYWHERE and do Zikr wherever we are glorifying Almighty Allah wherever we are.

My sister Allah is watching us in our prayers and EVERYTHING that we do so we need to imagine he is watching us because he ACTUALLY is! What an amazing feel that he is watching us pray and glorify him!

Let’s make the best of every second we have now and NOT waste it anymore! Let’s learn as much as we can about our beautiful way of life because it is truly amazing and has perfect wisdom in it! Once we become closest to Allah we will feel more amazing than we have EVER imagined because Allah says that you will NOT find contentment and true happiness in money or anything else but you will ONLY find true contentment and happiness in me and NOTHING else!

So my sister this is our chance to aim HIGH and gain the HIGHEST positions in paradise! Allah wants you to come closer to him so grab this opportunity and lets keep ourselves strong against the whispers from shaythan who wants our destruction by distracting us with worthless time wasting that will NEVER benefit us but cause our doom!

Allah is beauty itself for he is perfection and the almight master of the universe and we are is lowly slaves who are insignificant like a speck of dust!

We should make the intention NOW that we will change our lives FOREVER and we go FULLY towards Allah and make our sole purpose and aim in this life to make him the happiest and shun this world which is deception and a jannah for the non believers for this is their temporary bliss and our bliss will be FOREVER in Jannah inshallah.

Life is so uncertain and we can be taken ANY second my dear sister. We need Allah, he doesn’t need us.

We desire Allah and Allah wants us to be the closest to him because he loves us MUCH MORE THAN WE CAN EVER IMAGINE!

So lets show him how much we love him with action and lets glorify him and thank him day and night because he loves those who thank him constantly and are appreciative of him SO SO much!

Let us make changes to ourselves NOW because we may not live tomorrow! Let's re-evaluate ourselves and realise that we only have ONE purpose and our destination is in the hereafter for our stay in this world is so so short.

Let us spend each day FULL of worship and obedience to him and a life where we will spend it making him the happiest and he will fulfill our needs and give us peace and contentment in our hearts which is the best feeling anyone can EVER imagine!

Please ask me anything you want im here for you as your brother!

My Sister i hope these very useful and beneficial links may help you:

25 Ways to Deal with Stress and Anxiety VERY GOOD THREAD

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43179

10 Steps to Increasing our Iman(Faith)

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40459

Signs of Weak Iman and How to Increase It

http://www.missionislam.com/knowledge/weakimanfix.htm

The Four Poisons of the Heart

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42540

A party in Paradise, A party in Hellfire

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39698

The Spectacle of Death - Tawfique Chowdhury

http://www.islamictube.net/watch/161...ique-Chowdhury

The Ultimate Motivation for Muslims

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49243

The State of the People of Paradise in this World

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49125

Please remember me in your dua's. Allah hafiz

AnonymousPoster
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Wow Mashallah thank you for the amazin responses

JAZAKALLAH

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.