/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prioritization! Time Management!

Beardo
09-21-2009, 11:56 PM
How do you time manage and prioritize? How do you drive off the "I'll do it tomorrow"'s?

Help a brother out, willya?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
GuestFellow
09-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Its easy. Make a timetable of what you do. I have everything mapped out in my head. I manage my time around my 5 daily prayers.

Have a checklist and day by day complete all of those tasks.

Beardo
09-22-2009, 12:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
Its easy. Make a timetable of what you do. I have everything mapped out in my head. I manage my time around my 5 daily prayers.

Have a checklist and day by day complete all of those tasks.
Yeah I bought a whiteboard the other day to put up in my room and make a todo list each day inshallah. I also intend to put a Dua up, so when I wake up in the morning and take a while to wake up, I can at least memorize it instead of looking blankly at the wall...

Hmm... What other ideas do you guys have? =/

transition?
09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
DO THINGS AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM. If you get them out of the way then and there, you won't have to worry about when you can get them done later.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beardo
09-22-2009, 12:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
DO THINGS AS SOON AS YOU GET THEM. If you get them out of the way then and there, you won't have to worry about when you can get them done later.
Easier said than done. >_> How do you enforce that? How do you make sure you actually do it? Sometimes Mom's not always there for everything.

GuestFellow
09-22-2009, 12:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
Easier said than done. >_> How do you enforce that? How do you make sure you actually do it? Sometimes Mom's not always there for everything.
You have to force yourself...keep focused. Think of the long term goals that you want to achieve. Think of the things that distract you and set up precautions against them.

What type of things do you have to do? Like school revision or something?

Beardo
09-22-2009, 12:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Guestfellow
You have to force yourself...keep focused. Think of the long term goals that you want to achieve. Think of the things that distract you and set up precautions against them.

What type of things do you have to do? Like school revision or something?
Yeah, mainly school. I keep delaying the readings etc, and then I procrastinate before the exams.

GuestFellow
09-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Yeah, mainly school. I keep delaying the readings etc, and then I procrastinate before the exams.
Your not alone. ;D

I used to stay up all night pretending to revise. When it came to the mock exams, I hands were all numb, felt drowsy and my mom thought I was intoxicated...sometimes I stayed wake all night hanging around outside the streets with some ''friends'' and neglecting my sleep + my studies... :skeleton:

What motivated me to revise for my exams is the fear of failing. I HATE to fail my exams.

So get all of your notes together and split them into small manageable topics. Every day learn at least one topic per subjects in small amounts. This way you will learn and remember the work.

Continue to do this everyday.

transition?
09-22-2009, 12:19 AM
I always think of the times I procrastinated and the horrible feeling of worthlessness and failure-itis I feel after I'm struggling to do everything last minute. I remind myself of that feeling and think how I never want to feel like that again. Procrastination will eventually lead to depression and is a sign of laziness. Laziness weakens the heart and you start slip away slowly and become BAD.

There's a du'a for laziness.

How do you get yourself to pray 5 times a day and do the right thing? Every moment will be a struggle and you just have to embrace the struggle. And eventually, you'll get good at it and it'll become a habit that you'll do it naturally.

If it seems like I'm screaming in my post. It's because I have a conscience that likes to scream at me whenever I'm procrastinating. Let your conscience be your mother.

transition?
09-22-2009, 12:21 AM
It's only natural as humans we feel the need to do it the closer the due date comes, it's why we procrastinate..(I'd like to interject and say that's why the uncertainty of the time of death is a blessing. It could come any minute, so we always have to be prepared for this.)

Right now, my conscience is yelling at me. I have a paper due at midnight.
Look.... I'm slowly logging out.

Take notes, Brother.

Cabdullahi
09-22-2009, 01:24 AM
you can do what i do leave everything for the last millisecond and then go bizerk

_PakistaN_
09-22-2009, 02:47 AM
heres the technique i'm workin on. being patient. if u don't want to do a task or somthing. be like time's flying fast now days and sooner or later next month is gonna feel like tommarrow. u know.

Hayaa
09-22-2009, 05:06 AM
:sl:

A timetable sounds like a great idea. Some people work better under pressure it seems. In my case, not trying to boast or anything, I always manage to finish my work no matter how late I start. But to save the headache and stress, it's better to start earlier. In the worst case scenario, moms are great at helping you manage your time :P

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow. -Mark Twain
I couldn't resist :hiding:

ژاله
09-22-2009, 09:25 AM
there is a dua for laziness, hope it helps
اَللّهُمَّ إِنِّيْ أَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْعِجْزِ ، وَالْكَسْلِ، وَالْجُبْنِ ، وَالْهَرَمِ ، وَالْبُخْلِ ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ عَذَابِ الْقَبْرِ، وَأَعُوْذُ بِكَ مِنْ فِتْنَةِ الْمَحْيَا وَالْمَمَاتِ.
O Allah, I seek refuge in You from weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, anxiety and sorrow, and I seek refuge in You from the torments of grave, and I seek refuge in You from the trials and tribulations of life and death.

_PakistaN_
09-24-2009, 02:15 AM
Dude try wht i told u it works. Lets say u have like a half and hour b4 skool starts and prayer time hits in and ur lazy.. be like ... i gotta be patient. in a short while its gonna be the next day. if what i said makes scence...but i hope u knw wht i'm tryna say

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-24-2009, 02:46 AM
:sl:

Have a clear goal in mind and remind yourself of it often. What are you working for? Why are you doing what you're doing?

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTugjssqOT0
Read this: http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles...astination.htm
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...lf-discipline/
http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/200...-productivity/

aminahjaan
09-24-2009, 03:01 AM
Oh I put stuff off way to much. I usually end up doing all school assignments right at the last minute. Like I do all essays the night before and homework the class before. But, is it really that bad? I think some people are just wired that way, they need the deadlines right in front of them in order to give it their best work. But recently I noticed that I'm not getting some stuff done so I make a general schedule of things I got to do that day to keep me on track.

Beardo
09-24-2009, 03:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by aminahjaan
Oh I put stuff off way to much. I usually end up doing all school assignments right at the last minute. Like I do all essays the night before and homework the class before. But, is it really that bad? I think some people are just wired that way, they need the deadlines right in front of them in order to give it their best work. But recently I noticed that I'm not getting some stuff done so I make a general schedule of things I got to do that day to keep me on track.
If it works for you, why not?

But do you procrastinate?

Read the articles Bro Maalik posted, I only read the first one it does have some good points.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.