/* */

PDA

View Full Version : plz help

ayan333
09-22-2009, 03:43 AM
Salamu Alaykum WaRahmatulahi WaBarakatu

I have a BIG problem so I’m tying to get advice and opinions InshALLAH

I am very passionate about Islam and seeking knowledge but I am having trouble with my intentions (Niya). I want to completely stop learning and work on my intention because I know its significance. I don’t want to continue learning and attaining Islamic knowledge if my intentions are not completely and 100 percent pure. I always ask ALLAH (SWA) to purify my intention and make me a seeker of knowledge ONLY with the right intention because I’m afraid I will commit Riya or worse minor shirk.I love learning about all aspects of Islam but I don’t know if I should continue learning or not. I know I want to please ALLAH (SWA) and eventually teach Islam but I don’t know if its my nafs or the shaytaan whose making me feel like my intention are not pure. For example when I learn a new verse or Ahadith I want to use it or teach it to someone else but then something tells me that my intentions are not completely pure.

What is the fine line between Riya and striving in competition with my peers to please ALLAH (SWA) but im having difficulty trying to convince myself that that is what im going through. so now that I have briefly explained my situation my question is should I continue seeking knowledge or completely stop and work soley on my intentions?

i will be anticipating your response InshALLAH. JazakALLAH Khair and may ALALH (SWA) reward for your efforts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
09-22-2009, 07:56 AM
wa alaykum us-Salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu
eid mubarak sis firstly secondly if you want a proper islamic answer, take ur qn to a sheikh :p

in the meantime, i just want put my 2 cents insometimes the shaytaan will put thoughts and ideas into our hearts and minds as to deter us away from doing something beneficial. im not saying this is necessarily what is happening, but something to take into consideration none-the-less.

also, i just want to know, how will you personally know when you have the right intention? it takes our whole lives to fight and figure out our intentions and if we completely cut out certain acts of worship out of fear our intentions aren't correct, then we wouldn't get anything accomplished. don't get me wrong, evaluating your intention is a great thing :D

mathematician
09-22-2009, 03:11 PM
'Alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakuh,

I might be stating the obvious, but hey it's a good experience because the effects were so noticeable. There was a period of 5 years that I did not recite the Qur'an at all. I was too busy with university studying and working. Then recently I began reciting the Qur'an and magically it was so noticeable I became more calm, I hardly get any evil thoughts from shaytan, and it's hard for sin to appeal to me. Subhan Allah and al hamdulillah for this experience.

I think you might find that in reciting the Qur'an the shaytan will go far away from you and so he will not be making you have doubts. It will be reduced by a big amount, so you should try.

Now about what you are saying. I remember a scholar said that when one does a good deed for which he thinks he might be showing off, he should say something like "oh Allah, if I did this for a reason unacceptable by You, then forgive me. And oh Allah, if I did this for a wrong reason then help me to correct my intention, and oh Allah if I did this for the right reason(s) then shower me with Your mercy."

Cabdullahi
09-22-2009, 07:45 PM
wallal dib malaha wa shaytanki akabiqin diintadana iskabaro

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!