/* */

PDA

View Full Version : would it look sus?

Ummu Sufyaan
09-22-2009, 12:51 PM
:sl:
i know this thread may seem weird, but i need to ask this as to avoid any potential trouble :hiding:

i think "olden day" military, eg cannons, spears etc is awesome :embarrass...so yesterday at the department store i noticed they stocked a book about weaponry where it describes the "evolution" of weaponry through out time... from spears and bows and arrows to today's weaponry of guns, etc.

im just wondering if it'll look suspicious...like i dunno to me everything seems to be stacked up against the Muslims so i don't national security of my door step the next day suspecting me of anything fishy :hmm:

so would it look suspicious if a Muslim had such books on their bookshelves :embarrass

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ChOcCi
09-22-2009, 01:12 PM
considering the fact that your a girl, I would say that it shouldn't create any problem.. but its better to avoid trouble than provoke it.. Buy / rent the book, but theres no need to show it to others right? Keep it out of people's sight :)

czgibson
09-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Greetings,

I don't think there should be any problem. If the book is on sale in a regular bookshop, there's no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to buy it and read it.

If people have suspicions about you as a result, I think that reflects badly on them rather than on you.

Peace

Güven
09-22-2009, 01:18 PM
sheesh why should it ? Its just a history book! you are human too right?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
09-22-2009, 01:22 PM
:sl:
ahh, ok thanks all. :statisfie

Beardo
09-22-2009, 01:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
sheesh why should it ? Its just a history book! you are human too right?
lol. I laughed while reading this thread...

If only the world thought like that.

But they don't. Anyway, if you are interested in history, then go for it. Read to your heart's joy. Just as long as you give a proper impression. :X

If more people wore Hijaab/Niqaab or Islamic clothing for men, while at the same time having a cheery attitude, I think people would be more understanding towards Muslims. We should always have a smile, not dull faces.

Cabdullahi
09-22-2009, 01:30 PM
why would you want to read about military stuff this is the best joke ive heard
fashion and retail books should be on the opposite side madame

Beardo
09-22-2009, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
why would you want read about military stuff this is the best joke ive heard
fashion and retail books should be on the opposite side madame
The pictures in those books, just the covers of them, are just so sickening and hideous. :exhausted

Cabdullahi
09-22-2009, 01:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rashad
The pictures in those books, just the covers of them, are just so sickening and hideous. :exhausted
i also hate those family guide magazines were they always ask similar lady 'experts' with generic formal clothing and bobbed hair to write about ''60 things to make your husband happy''
''3 things to look for in your childs behaviour''
absolute toilet roll!

S_87
09-22-2009, 03:05 PM
if it interests you and thats it then i dont see why it would or could be a problem. you arent planning anything crazy and just want to learn stuff. its not forbidden in your country by law right? so its fine

student12322
09-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Are U joking sister, as long as you are not doing something against your deen then who cares what the kuffar think

Muezzin
09-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Should be fine inshallah.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullahii
i also hate those family guide magazines were they always ask similar lady 'experts' with generic formal clothing and bobbed hair to write about ''60 things to make your husband happy''
''3 things to look for in your childs behaviour''
absolute toilet roll!
Why are you reading women's magazines?

Cabdullahi
09-27-2009, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Should be fine inshallah.

Why are you reading women's magazines?
i dont but in places like the gp or the dentist they have them on the table and the titles and sub titles are hard to miss

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!