/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Falling in Love

anonymous
09-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Can people fall in and out of love easily?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AnonymousPoster
09-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Some people can fall out of love so quickly depends how deep u fall - some peopel move on very quickly which can hurt the other person. But thats life

Love can be the best things that can happen to u - will make u want to carry on with life

Love can be the worst thing that can happen - as once its over it can destroy you into peice in seconds

personally i hate love - been hurt once before took me forever to get over it still am tryin to move on.

IbnAbdulHakim
09-23-2009, 02:37 PM
one of my non-muslim friends back in school (this is when we was 15) said he fell in love loooaaadsa times and he loves it. So he'll easily fall inlove again.

lol i guess all you gotta do is find someone you find attractive who you connect with, and its eeeaaassyyy. its why we stay away from non-mahrams, waaay too complicated !

Assalamu Alaikum

Snowflake
09-23-2009, 02:50 PM
The answer isn't that straight forward.. Ultimately it depends on the circumstances and the person. If the conditions are right, a person can fall in love easily because love is like a seed which in the right conditions will sprout quickly and flourish. But if the conditions change even when the love has grown stronger, it will still die as quickly.. Personally for me, I'd fall out of love before you can blink your eye if the person I loved apostates or utters blasphemous words for Allah.

Also, if someone cheats on you, the love is likely to die quicker than if you are forced to be separated in other ways. So there are contributing factors which determine what happens and how. But I don't think anyone hopping about like a frog from one person to another and claiming to love them all knows what love is.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cat eyes
09-23-2009, 02:59 PM
people can fall out of love for many a reason depends on how one treats eachother for example a husband might be doing so many things on his wives back and she finds out about it not once but twice or three times that would cause resentment in the heart of the wife if happening all the time and a persons heart can easily turn black for that person.

we are all human and can only take so much how ever others are different and more forgiving about it but love can fade easily in these circumstances its true... suddenly your watching your spouse like this evil person and people want to believe this is black magic been done but its not. humans do a good job of destroying a marriage by themselves

anonymous
09-23-2009, 04:04 PM
May Allah bless you all for your replies.

If your deeply in love with someone and the other person felt the same way, can they forget about you just like that if we were forced to seperate?

cat eyes
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
no it would not be easy to forget that person if you were forced to separate it would be horrible to experience it could possibly take years to get over when you really love some one

syriana
09-23-2009, 06:18 PM
i read somewhere ... that however long you knew that person (you fell in love with), it would take half the time to get over them completely.

S_87
09-23-2009, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
ok after reading the other replies i thought id comment for what its worth.

a person who falls 'in and out of love' really easily doesnt actually fall in love. its a strong attraction/maybe sexually fuelled like the example bro fighting4iman gave:

one of my non-muslim friends back in school (this is when we was 15) said he fell in love loooaaadsa times and he loves it. So he'll easily fall inlove again.

as for your comment here:
If your deeply in love with someone and the other person felt the same way, can they forget about you just like that if we were forced to seperate?
if the person truly loved you they will never actually forget you even if they have moved on with their lives.

Cabdullahi
09-23-2009, 06:36 PM
love doesnt exist until after marriage finito! and anything before is hype

anonymous
09-23-2009, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes
no it would not be easy to forget that person if you were forced to separate it would be horrible to experience it could possibly take years to get over when you really love some one
Words can't describe how I feel...

Cabdullahi
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
^ oh dear oh dear

Intisar
09-23-2009, 07:03 PM
:sl: Were these two responses necessary to use under the anon account? Wasn't there a rule about it? ^o)

format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Some people can fall out of love so quickly depends how deep u fall - some peopel move on very quickly which can hurt the other person. But thats life

Love can be the best things that can happen to u - will make u want to carry on with life

Love can be the worst thing that can happen - as once its over it can destroy you into peice in seconds

personally i hate love - been hurt once before took me forever to get over it still am tryin to move on.
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
love sucks
As for the original anon's question, falling in and out of love is possible. Falling out of love is much harder than falling in love though, and it depends in which context you're talking about. If you nurture it properly, then the end result will be good insha'Allaah.

As for lovers being forced to separate and whether or not there love will stay, well true love stands the test of time. You've just gotta rely on Allaah and be obedient. Never lose sight of why you're really here, cause sometimes love will take over so much so that they stop being obedient to Allaah. And never lose hope inshaAllaah. If you give up something fisabililah, Allaah will replace it with something better inshaAllaah. :)

anonymous
09-23-2009, 07:06 PM
If someone truly loved you, would they ever come back?

Intisar
09-23-2009, 07:11 PM
If someone truly loved you, would they ever come back?
It depends on the cirumstances.

anonymous
09-23-2009, 09:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Intisar
It depends on the cirumstances.
please elaborate...

Cabdullahi
09-23-2009, 10:05 PM
please elaborate...
please eradicate ....the thought of it working and move on in life

alcurad
09-23-2009, 10:23 PM
effects of love = limiting attraction to only one.

though not every one is overly selfish , people move on after a while.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-23-2009, 11:19 PM
Yes. Some people do and others don't. For some their hearts get easily attached, for others it takes long periods of association to kindle the feelings of love.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2009, 06:43 AM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
The answer isn't that straight forward.. Ultimately it depends on the circumstances and the person. If the conditions are right, a person can fall in love easily because love is like a seed which in the right conditions will sprout quickly and flourish. But if the conditions change even when the love has grown stronger, it will still die as quickly.. Personally for me, I'd fall out of love before you can blink your eye if the person I loved apostates or utters blasphemous words for Allah.

Also, if someone cheats on you, the love is likely to die quicker than if you are forced to be separated in other ways. So there are contributing factors which determine what happens and how. But I don't think anyone hopping about like a frog from one person to another and claiming to love them all knows what love is.
i whole heartedly agree with that.

i know for me personally, i could totally be head over heels for someone (which of course will only happen after marriage :shade:) but at the same time i know that if that person was to do something i completed hated, eg cheat on me, all those feelings would be put off in a sec. yes, i would be upset, no doubt, but that would revolve more around the fact that someone i respected and who i thought i could trust, has totally back stabbed me, so all that negative stuff he may do would "unravel" all the positive things i had about him in next to no time at all...

btw, i dont mean to be nosey here, but why cant you get married to this person? why are you forced apart? i just ask, because if you are both interested with one another, why cant it go any further?
i know this will sound depressing but in all honesty i really and truly believe that if Allah, in whose hearts our hands in, can make us fall madly in love with someone, then He, just as easily can remove that love and replace it. regardless of how deeply we fall.

some people move on easily, some people dont and i think it may depend on how deep their feelings/interaction was...but ultimately it's definatley up to allah.

i know this is side tracked a little, but its more as a naseeha. i think the reason why people who are in love get hurt when the other moves on has more to do with the fact that they get hurt and confused...you know,you see the one who has moved on knows what they want and knows what they are after in life, whereas the one who is left behind, is confused and hurt and are left with a painful scar opened for it to continue bleeding. as opposed to the other person, they have to scar to feel that hurt. so i think that's where the hurt stems from more than anything.

anonymous
09-24-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm sorry i'm an emotional wreck and I don't have the will to write what happened, it hurts too much to even think about it.

How do I get over these feelings? I feel dead and lifeless inside, it's as though my world has been torn to pieces and I'm finding it so hard to cope with life...

I need to stand back up but I can't know what to do...please advise me

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2009, 11:33 AM
^sorry, im bad...
starting point: how long ago did it end and do you want to move on?

the first qn is because naturally the pain will be more intense soon after, but as time goes on, inshallah things will get better. so many people have been there and so many people have found that as time goes on, their pain lessons.

anonymous
09-24-2009, 11:58 AM
A few weeks back and no I don't want to move on at all but I know have to because I know it's not good to stay like this for too long.

I happen to see this person earlier this morning and I felt everything rush back into my heart and soul and now I'm crumbling again, ya allah what to do...so hard to hold back the tears...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-24-2009, 12:19 PM
^thats ok, cry....crying is good...

hmm, im not all the experted in giving out advice surrounding these issues, but i do strongly believe that:

1. you need to put in you utmost best to move on as you'll create false hopes which will only backfire on you and you'll get move hurt.

2. the best thing to do is to move away from that person...so don't see them and avoid them as much as you can because if you do see them etc, then feelings will only ignite once again, even if they have been dormant/disappeared for a long time.

3. let time heal wounds. dont expect it to leave you over night. dont expect it not to come back every now and again. im sure-and people in the same situation will tell you the same-there will be times of tranquility and times of torture. either way, just exercise patience, and remember allah when you face those times of torture.

4. just keep on praying for patience and strength. please do not underestimate the power of dua in such situations. there has been people before you who have been in your situation and they have turned to allah in utter heartache, only for their situations to ease. if you want strength to move on, ask allah! if you want a tranquil heart, ask allah! wallahi you will NOT be let down :cry:

in all situations, turn to Allah, recite duas to ease your pain such as the ones prescribed in the sunnah, eg innalillah wa inna ilaihi raajo3oon, etc...also read stories of the prohets/righteous people who have been in your situation and inshallah you will feel at ease knowing that the greatest of men/people have been in your situation.

at all times -especially when you feel the world has been paced on your shoulders and you are ready to break - KEEP YOUR HEAD ABOVE WATER! and remember this life is short. tomorrow we will be in our graves...and that's all life really boils down to...tests and trials.

if you want any reading material on patience, dua etc let me know and i'll post them inshallah.

anonymous
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I know the virtues of lowering the gaze so I wouldn't intentionally look but it's when they just happen to pop up infront of you and you freeze and you just don't know what to do. It's a pleasent surprise yet a crushing one to feel that you are so close yet miles apart from your dearly beloved. I try to be as patient as I can but it's so hard because I'm smiling infront of people and trying my best to seem normal and though my eyes are dry tears are flowing in my heart. No one person knows how I really feel deep down.

Allah knows if I was to talk to this person for a minute i'd be broken to tears. I have cried uncontrollably in the past because of a killer heartache and I just don't know what to do. I'm holding back my tears as I write this, I'm making all the dua I can but I just a shoulder to lean on. It's hard bottling things up.

- IqRa -
09-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Love before marriage is shaytaan.

anonymous
09-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Thank you umm al shaheed for your advice. What else can I do other then dua for the time being to move on from these feelings?

'Abd-al Latif
09-24-2009, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by T.I.A
Love before marriage is shaytaan.
No not really.

The Prophet :saws: said: "We do not think that there is anything better for those who love one another than marriage." (Narrated by Ibn Maajah, 1847; classed as saheeh by al-Busayri and by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah, 624)

Salahudeen
09-24-2009, 06:25 PM
hmm try making Islam your focus instead of this person, try telling yourself my goal is to get to jannah. Pining after this person isn't helping me get to jannah in any way so there's no point in pursuing it. It's true your goal in life is to earn the pleasure of Allah and get to the jannah so just focus on why your here which isn't to pine after some one.

When I went threw something similar I told myself "Hang on, why the hell are you wasting so much time thinking about this person, is this why Allah put you here NO, he put me here to worship him and remember him" so I made this the thing that I ran after and desired. Then the person who I couldn't stop thinking about I just forgot them and instead began remembering someone who is much more worthy of my rememberance Allah :)

if somethings going wrong in your life then it's not gonna be fixed unless he wills it for you. so maybe start focusing on becoming a better Muslim and asking yourself "how good of a Muslim am I"

"do I do all of the obligatory acts of worship"

" Do I stay away from the haraam"

"Do I show Islam in my actions and speech"

"do I do haraam stuff and expect good to come out of it"

"do I go out with boys and complain when they don't marry me"

"do I show Islam in the way I dress"

that's what I did jus completely changed what I focused on and my priorities, I began questioning myself and my focus became pleasing Allah and my priority became staying away from things that displease him.

cos at the end of the day, your gonna die one day and go to a dark hole in the ground all by yourself, and the only thing that is gonna be of use to you then, is your Islam and how good of a Muslim you where. So try to make islam and jannah your main goal and passion. Easier said then done I understand but when you think of Jannah and Naar it becomes easy :)

Eliphaz
09-24-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry i'm an emotional wreck and I don't have the will to write what happened, it hurts too much to even think about it.

How do I get over these feelings? I feel dead and lifeless inside, it's as though my world has been torn to pieces and I'm finding it so hard to cope with life...
Okay I might be overreacting here, and as I am not, nor have ever been married, can I say I have ever been in 'true' love (if it exists), but I thought love of Allah was supposed to exceed everything else? Humans fall in and out of love but love of Allah (and the Prophets) is everlasting for the believers and a raison d'etre if you ever needed one.

Therefore how can you say that you are 'dead and lifeless inside'? I don't mean to offend you, but anyone who dropped you like that wasn't worth loving in the first place. Allah never drops you unless you drop Him. So please, do yourself a favour and move on.

Ummu Sufyaan
09-25-2009, 10:09 AM
I try to be as patient as I can but it's so hard because I'm smiling infront of people and trying my best to seem normal and though my eyes are dry tears are flowing in my heart. No one person knows how I really feel deep down.
dont you have anyone you could talk to. a friend? a sibling?

I have cried uncontrollably in the past because of a killer heartache and I just don't know what to do.
you mean you have been though this before with someone else? in that case, it'll be easier because you already know on what grounds you are walking on, so to speak. and also you'll know that it is possible to move on.

I'm holding back my tears as I write this, I'm making all the dua I can but I just a shoulder to lean on. It's hard bottling things up.
you dont always have to bottle things up. release the tension. write it down? it'll eat you up other wise. having said though just dont let your emotions get to you too much and dont express them too intensely, as sometimes it'll only add to your problems and make it worse.

Thank you umm al shaheed for your advice. What else can I do other then dua for the time being to move on from these feelings?
go traveling? take up a hobby? enroll in some kind of class with your friends. hang out with your friends. just do something different to get your mind off things.

anonymous
09-26-2009, 01:35 PM
Everybodys been too busy with their own affairs so I haven't spoken to anyone properly. I need someone to sit me and have a long talk with but I've got no body cuz everyones just too busy.

I have a diary that I write everything in but any reminiscence of the past gets me emotional and I break down. I end up bottling everything in but that makes things even worse...I feel as though my insides are being eaten up, the hurt is too much to put into words...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-27-2009, 06:56 AM
Everybodys been too busy with their own affairs so I haven't spoken to anyone properly.
you'd be surprised at how many people will listen to you if you gave it the chance...

anonymous
09-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I've tried but It's like no ones got time for me and now everybodys avoiding me, I've barely had a conversation for the past few days. Its made me realize who my friends really are...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Edit: never mind....

ژاله
09-27-2009, 01:31 PM
may Allah heal your pain anonymous.
dont think too much, try to forget, it is a matter of will power after all.
you have to find a way on your own and you will if you are sincere and determined enough.
it doesnt matter much if you have someone to talk to or not about this, you have to pull yourself together all by yourself at the end of the day.
chill out! forget about the past, look forward to the future.

Muhaba
09-27-2009, 05:08 PM
I guess i won't be truly in love until i've had contact with the guy (which will be after marriage) & then i don't know if i will fall out of love easily or not. At present what i've experienced is that one can fall in & out of love easily if they are the one moving on. But if it's the other person, then it's a huge heartache.

In that case the only thing one can do is make dua and pray lots, hang out with friends, avoid the person altogether (sometimes that's very difficult if you live nearby & have to pass by his place or have the urge to pass by his place just to see if maybe things have gotten better, etc.) I think that if one is absolutely sure that the other person has moved on (that is, has told you it's over) then to avoid him altogether. No point in running after him. If not (that is, there was some misunderstanding, as in the case of someone i know) then one should try to find out somehow.

But in any case, any direct contact out of marriage should be avoided. One should try to get married as quickly as possible so as not to fall into these sort of things. When you're unmarried, it's easy to start liking someone and talking to him & because the bond is so weak, it's easy for one of them to move on & hurt the other.

syriana
09-28-2009, 01:56 AM
I also agree... although you may think you are in love before marriage, it is in most cases "lust". You may think the strong attraction and desire to be with someone is "falling in love" with them, but true love is when you live together and both parties are happy. Both parties have come to terms with each others imperfections and strive to that one common goal, Jennah. True love, is taking care of each other in times of need and sickness, when your vomiting and your spouse holds your hair back and is making sure you're okay. True love, is wanting to strive with your partner to go to jennah. That in my book is true love, when you really want to go to jennah and will do anything to please Allah swt and do things for the sake of him, thats when you find true happiness.... all the lust and happiness before is easy to get, however temporaray. If you wait for it and attain it in halal ways it'll truly be everlasting, and what better feeling could you have, then the feeling of allah swt being happy with you... that is the best feeling ever.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.