/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant "Proof of islam" lectures by Abdul Rahman Green

Hamza Asadullah
09-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Watch these brilliant lectures from convert to Islam Abdul Rahman Green in his "Proof of islam" Series. ENJOY!!!

Proof Of Islam - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOwA0v026wY

Prophecies of the Prophet PBUH - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyCYH0al0eI

Scientific Facts in the Quran (Part 1) - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiLBGHwX_4c

Scientific Facts in the Quran (Part 2) - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fluiDCYCVhw

Embryology - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFPA6wt0R3w

Oral Transmission Of The Qur'an - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4GuFTIPFEA

The Miracle Of The Arabic Language - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ4kwdZ1qVU

Preservation Of The Qur'an - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt7UqJBLhW4

The Preservation of The Sayings of The Prophet - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOr9k_br92U

Stories of Those Who Heard The Quran - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NypoiJeF7A0

Witness of The People of The Book - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riHxoBN0hok

Signs of the Last Day - The Proof That Islam Is The Truth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTxZLB7qTS8

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
YusufNoor
09-23-2009, 10:13 PM
:sl:

i have just begun to watch these recently. i agree that they are brilliant. there are 15 of them by the way.

:wa:

czgibson
09-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Greetings,

Who are these videos for?

If you're a Muslim, you already believe in Islam; you have your reasons and beliefs, and therefore have no need to be convinced by these offerings.

If you're a non-Muslim, be prepared to sit through one man taking a really long time to make the most banal points you've ever heard.

Who is going to watch these?

Peace

Uthman
09-24-2009, 06:22 AM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
If you're a non-Muslim, be prepared to sit through one man taking a really long time to make the most banal points you've ever heard.
Have you watched it czgibson? I've watched them all before and his arguments were very convincing. Are you open to the possibility that he may be correct?

It's probably aimed at Non-Muslims as well as those Muslims who don't realise that Islam isn't just 'another Abrahamic religion' which is just based on faith. These are the sort of things I meant when I claimed that Islam is based on proof. If you haven't watched them already, please check at least some of them out (you have my permission to skip the scientific facts one. :D)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
czgibson
09-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Greetings,

format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Greetings, Have you watched it czgibson? I've watched them all before and his arguments were very convincing. Are you open to the possibility that he may be correct?
It would take a massive effort and much time for me to sit through them all, but I have watched a few all the way through. I'm amazed you found his arguments convincing. I suppose the fact that you agree with his conclusions helps, but really these strike me as being the kind of "arguments" that essentially ask you to stop thinking. I know you have better reasons than these for your beliefs.

It's probably aimed at Non-Muslims as well as those Muslims who don't realise that Islam isn't just 'another Abrahamic religion' which is just based on faith.
It's entirely based on faith.

These are the sort of things I meant when I claimed that Islam is based on proof.
You already know that I have serious issues with the way that Muslims use that word.

If you haven't watched them already, please check at least some of them out (you have my permission to skip the scientific facts one. :D)
And you already know about my issues with the scientific miracles argument! :D

The ongoing life of that argument really does amaze me. Anyone who can make that claim about one text will find that it is also possible to do it with almost any other poetic or suggestive text. The word "quark" was deliberately taken by a scientist from James Joyce's 1939 work Finnegans Wake. Now, that's the other way round, but it impresses me far more than any of the scientific claims for the Qur'an.

Peace

Uthman
09-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Greetings czgibson,
It would take a massive effort and much time for me to sit through them all, but I have watched a few all the way through.
Could you tell me which ones you watched? :)

جوري
09-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Ah what would a thread of this nature be without the atheist diatribe..

hard to believe CZ but you just one man and a representative of only yourself!..There is no telling of what others find enlightening which you solely brand as banal..

is it that difficult to walk away from such a thread? or do you simply feel the need to spread your faith and sow doubt whenever chance permits?

all the best

czgibson
09-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Uthmān
Greetings czgibson, Could you tell me which ones you watched? :)
I watched the first one, the one about the Arabic language and the final one about the signs of the last day.

Ah what would a thread of this nature be without the atheist diatribe..

hard to believe CZ but you just one man and a representative of only yourself!..
Yes. My posts are representative of my thoughts and of nothing else.

is it that difficult to walk away from such a thread? or do you simply feel the need to spread your faith and sow doubt whenever chance permits?
If there is a forum rule that I am not allowed to participate in certain threads, then I will try to abide by it.

Peace

جوري
09-26-2009, 11:03 PM

Yes. My posts are representative of my thoughts and of nothing else.
Indeed, except you have not discussed your thoughts of why it is banal, you've merely labeled it and walked away. I believe the brother invited you to a dialogue to discuss contents which you've decided to ignore!

If there is a forum rule that I am not allowed to participate in certain threads, then I will try to abide by it.

Peace
No rules, it is mere common sense. You knew from the get go that you didn't want to contribute to this discussion save to part with your Atheiangelizing ways. What is that about?

all the best!

Amanda
09-27-2009, 01:04 AM
Greetings,

If you're a Muslim, you already believe in Islam; you have your reasons and beliefs, and therefore have no need to be convinced by these offerings.

Peace
czgibson, you seem to suggest that these videos aren't really that useful (though correct me if I misunderstood you). But you have made the mistake of generalizing both Muslims and non-Muslims. Not all Muslims know all of this already. Remember that there are many new reverts, and that we are still learning about the religion. Many reverts, myself included, find videos like these very helpful. We already believe, but are still learning the finer points. This type of video can help us to understand more about the Qur'an and Islam, and to help us have enough of an understanding to hopefully be able to explain things to friends and family when they ask about it.
Also remember that these new reverts were once non-Muslims, looking to learn more about Islam so that they could decide if it was a religion they could believe in. Videos like these ones are easy to follow, and are accessible to anyone, even if they don't know much about the Qur'an or the sayings of the Prophet yet. Not all non-Muslims are uninterested in learning about Islam, even if they have no intention of reverting.
Maybe these videos aren't useful to non-Muslims who are adamant that they will never believe in the Qur'an and who don't want to learn about Islam. Also, they may not be useful to Muslims who are well versed in the religion (although they may still enjoy watching them, who knows?). But, speaking for myself, a recent revert (and a fairly typical one, I'm sure), I found them quite interesting and useful. Thank you, brother Hamza81.

czgibson
09-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Greetings,
format_quote Originally Posted by Amanda
czgibson, you seem to suggest that these videos aren't really that useful (though correct me if I misunderstood you). But you have made the mistake of generalizing both Muslims and non-Muslims. Not all Muslims know all of this already. Remember that there are many new reverts, and that we are still learning about the religion. Many reverts, myself included, find videos like these very helpful. We already believe, but are still learning the finer points. This type of video can help us to understand more about the Qur'an and Islam, and to help us have enough of an understanding to hopefully be able to explain things to friends and family when they ask about it.
Fair enough - I'm glad someone found them useful. I'm sure there are better ways of learning about Islam, but if you like this sort of thing instead, then good for you.

Maybe these videos aren't useful to non-Muslims who are adamant that they will never believe in the Qur'an and who don't want to learn about Islam.
Neither of those would apply to me (if that was your implication). It's highly unlikely that I will ever believe in Islam, but I have to remain open to the possibility of new evidence. I also love to learn about Islam - it's one reason why I've been a member of this forum for years.

Gossamer Skye,

I can't promise I'll have time to discuss these videos in detail, but if I do, I'd prefer it to be with someone who is likely to comprehend my replies and respond to them intelligently.

Peace

جوري
09-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Gossamer Skye,

I can't promise I'll have time to discuss these videos in detail, but if I do, I'd prefer it to be with someone who is likely to comprehend my replies and respond to them intelligently.

Peace
You only have the time to part with a few irrelevant comments on every thread.. when it comes to 'intelligence' I believe you go by a different definition than what most hold at baseline ..
But again I say, whatever it takes to nurse your ever bruised ego back to good health!

good luck with all of that!

Hamza Asadullah
09-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Greetings,

Peace
Hello i hope your well. These videos are for anyone who is interested in viewing them although i put them in this section because the main target audience for these type of videos are people searching for the truth.
As a Muslim i find these videos VERY inspiring and i love to hear about other peoples experiences of coming to Islam and how they found the truth. Also MANY non Muslims also may be interested to see why so many people are turning to and accepting Islam. Maybe they themselves are looking for the truth and by watching these videos they may be able to relate to those people because those people had the same thinking as most converts to Islam who were looking for and searching for the truth.
If you really want to search for the truth then you have to open your heart up and be open minded. Why don't you with an open mind look deeply into the Qur'an and Islam for yourself, because you can't accept something when you have already ruled it out without even giving it a chance. Most people who accept Islam are in the west and they may have had the same thinking as you. They had a distorted view about Islam but once they looked into it deeply and properly for themselves with an open heart and mind then they themselves realised that EVERYTHING in Islam makes COMPLETE sense. That is upto you, you are the one who is searching for the truth it is your choice for Allah has said in the Qur'an that there is no compulsion in religion so you choose whatever path you want but know that you should at least give Islam a chance in your heart and mind before ruling it out without any proper prior knowledge of it. Thank you for reading and i welcome any questions please don't hesitate.

Ramadhan
09-28-2009, 06:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amanda
Also remember that these new reverts were once non-Muslims, looking to learn more about Islam so that they could decide if it was a religion they could believe in. Videos like these ones are easy to follow, and are accessible to anyone, even if they don't know much about the Qur'an or the sayings of the Prophet yet. Not all non-Muslims are uninterested in learning about Islam, even if they have no intention of reverting.
Maybe these videos aren't useful to non-Muslims who are adamant that they will never believe in the Qur'an and who don't want to learn about Islam. Also, they may not be useful to Muslims who are well versed in the religion (although they may still enjoy watching them, who knows?). But, speaking for myself, a recent revert (and a fairly typical one, I'm sure), I found them quite interesting and useful. Thank you, brother Hamza81.
My thought exactly!
Although i was born muslim (and learned many aspects of Islam during school age), i didn't really purposefully (and seriously) study Islam until early this year. When i started reciting the Qur'an again this year and read the translation alongside, the verses were just so wondrous, especially those ayats that tell about the signs of Allah, and make me ponder more about the greatness of Allah and motivate me to study Islam and Al Qur'an further.
Even those ayats that on the surface seem mundane that provides rules on social and family affairs, the more i study them the more it is clear to me about how just and fair and unshakeable are those laws.

Watching these videos give me interesting insights on the truthfulness of Islam and the Qur'an, which in turn make my eeman stronger.

These videos may not seem interesting to atheists, but who said they were made for them?

And anyway, only Allah SWT that can give guidance.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.