/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Child abductions

AnonymousPoster
09-24-2009, 12:14 AM
:sl:

I am horrified and deeply disturbed by child abduction stories that at times I am unable to sleep at night thinking of all sorts of atrocious scenarios. it takes so much resolve for me not to meddle in other people's parenting when I feel their kids should be locked at home. I know it is unhealthy and would really like to go through life without these dark thoughts plaguing me. I have nightmares about it at times, so incredibly real. Recently I have watched a movie about a real child abduction that occurred in the 1920's called the changeling.

The guy who was abducting children, used to rape them then kill them but not all the way, just partially and send this other kid in to finish the job so as to implicate him as an accomplice if he were ever found, in fact that is how he lured the kids to begin with, by making up lies about their parents and having this kid in the car with him so the children would feel safe riding with 'strangers' surely if the strangers have kids in the car, they can't be all that bad.. This movie really pushed me over the edge, I think made more so by the fact that it was a true story at a time in the world which was considered safer.

I was thinking children need some sort of tracing chip to be implanted in them until a certain age, but I fear many people will find that meddlesome? What do you guys think, and how do you deal with these thoughts and the safety of your children?

Jazakoum Allah

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
09-24-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't think you can keep your children protected forever.
Of course you do when they are little, but as they grow up they will inevitable have to learn to keep themselves safe - at least to some extend.

I think the best way to keep your children safe is to teach them and inform them and instruct them about certain risks and dangers.
Children who are uninformed and ignorant are at greater risk!

Perpetrators know how to look for potential victims.
Children who walk confidently (of course, better still in groups) are less likely to be approached. Children who have learned to say 'NO' and look like they mean it, or who are not shy to shout, are safer than timid little things.

I am sure you are a great parent (mother?) and do the very best for your children.
Try not to let fear rule you life.
And remember, the statistical chances of a child being abducted are very small!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.